• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever NOT wanted a certain neighbor because of their popularity?

I choose villagers out of my own preference and away from others. The only thin' that the world affects me is that more popular villagers simply command a higher price to buy in singles. :(

even tho i've had ankha since the beginning it kinda makes me sad that people think i have her bc of her popularity.... lol no

but i've avoided marshal bc of the popularity/demand issue it's kinda annoying

I don't consciously do this, but I think that I am less drawn to most of the popular villagers. Not because I just hate them for being popular or anything, but because I already see villagers like Marshal and Merengue constantly through dream towns, Tumblr, etc. I'm already a little bored of always seeing the same villagers all the time, so I don't end up having much desire to see them in my own town as well. I think Lolly is the only Tier 1 villager I have between my three towns.

I just like what I like to be honest. My town has a mixture of tiers.

Currently I have: Static, Tangy, Punchy, Felicity, Freya, Mitzi, Marshal, Mira, Mott, and Apple.

I didn't actively seek out Marshal either, he randomly appeared in my campsite and I thought, "Why not?" Because I didn't have a smug at the time. He's cute, but he's not even my favorite out of my villagers. That title belongs to either Static or Tangy, though lately I have been just been enjoying the sheer cuteness of Mitzi.

I plan for Apple and Felicity to move, undecided on the ultimate fate of Marshal. He may stay permanently or he may not.

Last edited:
I usually try to give every villager, popular or not, a chance, but there's just some that I don't really don't want at all, not because of popularity but because of their appearance. Most of my favorites are in the lower tiers, but I like a few of the popular ones.

No. I actually think it's odd to avoid certain villagers because of their popularity in the first place. Popular villagers are popular for a reason: they're widely liked. It's a game and not some social status thing to see who has more "unique" villagers lol

Their popularity has never affected my opinion. On a side note, I was never crazy about Marshal.

By the way, I remember coming across a villager list of tiers. I can't find it:)<). Can someone link me to it?

I HATE Animal Crossing popularity lists. It is the worst of the worst. I see why people make them on here for cycling, but come on! If you pick a villager based on popularity than you can come sit on the toasty hot chair in my ignore list. Anyone's welcome! Don't hesitate! So YES, popular villagers are NOT allowed in any of my towns, unless it is a dog, and by popular, I mean, tier 1.

Sorry about my rant but I just had to let that one out.

For sure! I generally don't get why people make certain decisions just because everyone else does. I always supported people swimming against the stream. I even planned to open up a city where i adopt all those cute villagers left behind...
However, i decided to just choose the villagers i want to have, ignorating what others think.
And if there are extremely popular ones on my wishlist, it's okay, too, cause it's not their fault. ;)

Back