Have you ever NOT wanted a certain neighbor because of their popularity?

Amy-chan

back in AC hell
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Cake
I've had this feeling quite often. I used to like Ketchup and Julia but seeing them being so popular, their appeal has worn off.

Nope. I dislike when most of my favorite villagers are popular, because I can imagine when people see who I have they just go "Of course you have so-and-so." But I like whoever I choose to like, and if I want them in my town I'll suck it up and have them in my town. I WISH all of my favorites were low tiers, just so I wouldn't feel like I was following the trend or crowd. I can't help who I like though ;(

Nope. I dislike when most of my favorite villagers are popular, because I can imagine when people see who I have they just go "Of course you have so-and-so." But I like whoever I choose to like, and if I want them in my town I'll suck it up and have them in my town. I WISH all of my favorites were low tiers, just so I wouldn't feel like I was following the trend or crowd. I can't help who I like though ;(

^Same.

For a while I avoided Merengue, even though I liked her since I first saw her, because of her popularity. Glad I got over that though. She's in my town now and I love her.

I'm a bit bummed because a lot of my favorites, i.e. villagers I actually had in my towns through GC Animal Crossing, Wild World, and my last town in New Leaf, are really popular...It makes finding their amiibo cards very challenging...

I mean I love the villagers I have, it doesn't really matter on their popularity. Like with Marshal, I don't like him because he has the smug personality[not how popular he is], and Chadder ruined that for me. I hate Chadder lol
But if a villager you like is popular, it does it make harder to get them, unfortunately.

No, a lot of my favorite villages are rather popular, I just feel rather lucky to have gotten them! And if it's one I don't want and I get them as a move in or from the campsite I feel lucky because I can sell them -w-' although villager sales are becoming harder these days lol

Well, uhh. I don't like too many popular villagers. (Tier 1 respectively) In fact, Diana, Mereunge and Ankha are the only popular villagers I like. I tried out Marshal and Fauna, but they never really did sat in my kind of needs.
And don't get offensive. But the popular villagers I hate are Beau, Rosie, Whitney and Maple. Beau is because I still don't understand why he's cute, in my eyes he's ugly. Rosie and Whitney are because of the movie. And Maple is because her design is too simple.

For tier 5 villagers, I actually like quite a lot. Frank, Doc, Chadder, Cousteau. To name a few. I don't like them for being unpopular, I like them for how they look. Same goes for tier 1.

If I dislike a villager, it's not because of their popularity, normally it's because of their behavior, design, or breed. Popularity honestly doesn't matter to me most of the time.

They're just characters in a game. Caring about crap like that is so stupid.

No, I ignore that kind of stuff. I just choose who I like based off my own opinion of them regardless of how many other people do or don't want them.

some of my opinions on villagers are unpopular but who cares? you shouldn't let other people influence u.....

Yes. I did not want Marshal simply because he was just that popular but he moved in anyways out of random. But I actually like him now that he's in my town.

Lol Nah, I don't give a monkey's left nut about popularity. It's merely a coincidence that I greatly dislike almost all the tier 1s. Most of them are unappealing, boring or extremely creepy so of course I don't want them anywhere near my town. That being said, Julian just moved in right next to my house in my new town and I want him gone as quickly as possible -.-

I mean, I dont really dislike villagers based on popularity. For the most part, theyre a certain tier of popularity because of how they're designed/a lot of people like that. Sure some people will just pick up all the tier 1 villagers because they're popular but I truly believe that most of the tier 1s just have very likable designs. That doesn't mean anything under is ugly, but it's just that tier 1 villagers have had the most people thinking they're cute enough for their town.

So if I find myself only have tier 1/2s in a village it won't really bother me. I just happen to like a lot of the villagers that other people have liked in the past/currently like as well :)

Last edited:
No. The whole 'tier' thing has always been kind of dumb to me. I like a lot of villagers in the higher tiers and lower tiers. I don't care if they're popular or not.

This whole tier business sounds like social classes are being implemented. Kinda creepy.

Back