• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I wish I could live in my town

Relly

Princess Kyra
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Do you ever have days where you just want to jump into your game and not have to deal with the real world? I literally wish I could amiibo myself into the game and just live there. The real world sucks sometimes.

I guess I would go and live in my town tbh if I could, just think about it. Essays don't exist in the world of animal crossing and neither does school. How perfect would that be? You also don't have to work for a living - except in earlier games. Everyday you can just take at your own pace and do whatever you want to and shape your own world, which is impossible in the real world because of law and such. I think it'd be awesome and therapeutic to jump into your game whenever you wanted. Sure, it might be a pain having to interact with your villagers on a constant day to day basis or they might think you're dead, it'd still be a very relaxing lifestyle to live. LOL. Also i've always had an interest in writing letters, so i'd love to do that too.

I would choose to live in my town in a heartbeat. No going to work? No douchebag people? No more stress? COUNT ME IN! I'd love to just sell fish, bugs and items for money. I'd be freaking rich!

I'd love to live in a world where you can go out and catch a bug with a net and get $8,000 for it. Just one trip to the island and I'd have $500,000. Also I'd love to not deal with other humans. I'd rather be surrounded by cute needy little animals all day long.

I'd love to live in a world where you can go out and catch a bug with a net and get $8,000 for it. Just one trip to the island and I'd have $500,000. Also I'd love to not deal with other humans. I'd rather be surrounded by cute needy little animals all day long.

ikr I'd never have to work again!

Definitely. I've said this to my mom many times actually. The one thing would be that you'd have to eat a lot of fruit and no meat except for fish.. that is if you dont eat your villagers lmao

Definitely. I've said this to my mom many times actually. The one thing would be that you'd have to eat a lot of fruit and no meat except for fish.. that is if you dont eat your villagers lmao

but at least you can eat sweets and cake lol

I wish this all the time. I'd love not having to have a steady job. I'd just have to catch a few fish or bugs when I was low on cash. :p And I love all of my neighbours, so it'd be great if they were the only people I had to interact with. It would be such a relaxing lifestyle that would allow you to pursue your own interests. :)

I wish that would happen. I could explore my town in my own eyes and meet all my villagers!

Me too, and think of all the food you could make using the fruit, then you could fish. Once you've paid off your house you can do ANYTHING, no work xD

I would LOVE to live in my Animal Crossing town (not sure which one, probably New Leaf since it's more modern even though my second GCN town has most of my dream villagers). Just imagine catching a fish and selling it for 12,000 Bells which is equivelent to $12,000 / ?12,000! Also being able to see my favourite villagers up-close in first person would be amazing! There would be no need to worry about the internet not existing since it does actually exist in Animal Crossing (ever since the first game, where Tortimer will mention the defunct www.Animal-Crossing.com website and cranky villagers will mention email). Also, video games would exist inside the Animal Crossing world as well since there's NES games, 3DS's and Wii U consoles in the series but who would want to play those when you are already living inside a video game world? I would never have to worry about annoying people and there would be no school or any work (who would need a job if you could just make a ton of money just by fishing?). We can kinda do this if Animal Crossing were to become a VR game, but then we would still be living in the real world and would have to care about real world stuff. I would definitely hug my favourite villagers though. :p

Last edited:
I'd love it! I feel like even though my character is....me, they have a different personality to me and I like them more than myself lol. I'd love to live in my town, it must be so relaxing.

It's all fun and games until you shake a tree with a beehive in it.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind living in my Animal Crossing towns.

Me Too! I'd love to be friends with all my villagers and hang out on a tropical island, catching sharks and going out tours :D

If you guys don't stop Animal Crossing: VR will be a thing within a year or two.

Back