• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever had a town that wasn't yours load up on the start screen?

Tobiume

awaiting
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Lobo
New Leaf Token
White Lily
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Tasty Cake
It was from a really long time ago, but once when I started up Wild World, there were a bunch of houses with yellow roof tops and..Joan walking around? It was kind of unsettling but when I restarted my town was there.

I think the game had said it had failed to load some data or something along those lines but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? :0

Not me, no. That is weird, it could've been a data issue like you said. I've been playing Wild World for YEAARS, never had that happen.

Yeah I've had that happen to me before. It was really weird, but when I actually started my game it was back to normal.

It's happened to me before a lot of times on an old cartridge! It also happens on WW and CF if the town data is corrupted since it can't read the data to preview it. For me the problem was that since the cartridge was so old and had been used so many times, the contacts were starting to wear down. Applied some conductive paint to the contacts and it solved the issue! Although I need to keep reapplying it as the paint wears down after inserting and ejecting the game :)

Back