• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please Stop with the Hateful Political Discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political figures are the people who decide how we live. If someone disagrees with these political figures, this is a place where no one can interrupt, and they can just rant on and on. I think that political threads are helpful to release anger and frustration. These are people that will continue to effect us for years to come.

You're gonna need basically all the admins, mods and all 784 sages I feel you want these threads to stop lol

The Animal Crossing sections of this forum are untouched when it comes to politics. Sounds to me like you just want to silence people.

I don't want to silence people from discussing their beliefs, but I am getting sick of the obsession of politics on this forum. Once in a while is okay, but they wasted all of 2016 doing this.

Elsa was talking about her superpowers which she was demonized and run out of her town for not threads in an Animal Crossing forum about a rotten pumpkin being the president, what.

You're taking this too seriously.

The election's over. I'm done with them. I have been called dumb because of my beliefs too many times in those.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You did though. You mentioned politics and then preached about hate. It's a political thread.

The Animal Crossing sections of this forum are untouched when it comes to politics. Sounds to me like you just want to silence people.

It clearly does though considering the amount of threads and the amount of replies to said threads. If anything escalates too much, report it and a mod will take care of it. While I agree that there's too many threads (since half of them are about the same thing as each other) it's not a big problem.

Elsa was talking about her superpowers which she was demonized and run out of her town for not threads in an Animal Crossing forum about a rotten pumpkin being the president, what.

Perfect example of someone who is trying to divide everyone.

Last edited:
I don't want to silence people from discussing their beliefs, but I am getting sick of the obsession of politics on this forum. Once in a while is okay, but they wasted all of 2016 doing this.

You're taking this too seriously.

Because it was an important election. Like I said it'd be great if the repeat threads didn't exist but a thread calling for the end of certain discussions because you're "sick of it" is kind of ridiculous

The election's over. I'm done with them. I have been called dumb because of my beliefs too many times in those.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Perfect example of someone who is trying to divide everyone.

Show me where I'm dividing anyone lmao.

Because it was an important election. Like I said it'd be great if the repeat threads didn't exist but a thread calling for the end of certain discussions because you're "sick of it" is kind of ridiculous

Show me where I'm dividing anyone lmao.

I've seen you repeatedly trying to make people feel dumb in almost every political thread. Not just singling out that one post.

Last edited:
Brewster's Cafe has always had a strong focus on today's current events, so during something so significant and global as this election, it's only natural that it receives proportional attention while it's still relevant. That being said, if you want less political content, simply stop posting in/creating political threads, all content on this forum is user created, after all.

In regards to a political sub-forum, suggest it again in ~4 years

I don't believe in banning political discussion on tbt. That's just wrong. If people wanna debate, let them. I have no interrest in doing so though, I'm sooo over this ****.

The Bernie avatar stays though. lol

xoxo

Brewster's Cafe has always had a strong focus on today's current events, so during something so significant and global as this election, it's only natural that it receives proportional attention while it's still relevant. That being said, if you want less political content, simply stop posting in/creating political threads, all content on this forum is user created, after all.

In regards to a political sub-forum, suggest it again in ~4 years
Tacking onto this people who complained the most on other forums I've been apart of for a political sub-board so they don't "have to see this nonsense" always end up going into the political sub-board and surprise!

I do agree there was a bit too many repetitive threads, but ya'll clearly just want simple polls and political threads so what are ya gonna do?

please don't turn this site into another acc where any topic that causes the slightest argument is banned.

literally nobody is forcing you to even click on these threads.

Literally was about to say this. Plus, how can discussions about politics ruin animal crossing forums? If you're there to trade villagers etc., just stick to those forums, and don't look at political things.
Plus in my opinion, if I ruined a friendship with someone over politics or whatever, then so be it. It's better than everyone having to be quiet just to maintain fake peace.

Last edited:
Literally was about to say this. Plus, how can discussions about politics ruin animal crossing forums? If you're there to trade villagers etc., just stick to those forums, and don't look at political things.
Plus in my opinion, if I ruined a friendship with someone over politics or whatever, then so be it. It's better than everyone having to be quiet just to maintain fake peace.

It's actually hard to ignore the political discussions. But it's not the subject in general that's bad. It's how we handle them that's the problem. For example, I ended up telling others who I voted for on Discord. Three members took offense. Because of their cold-hearted personalities, they will forever call me a bigot. They used it as an excuse to bully me or harass me. They're even defending their extreme bias and poor behavior, saying that it's okay to do it while dismissing the fact that they're really biased and mean. They also told me not to get offended if they call me a "racist" when I have every right and reason to be offended. I don't want others to end up becoming victims of people like these three who got rude. We all have our own opinions. I believe that repealing the ACA is the right thing to do. I believe abortion is killing babies and Planned Parenthood should be obliterated. I believe that political correctness is bad for society. But do you know what? I don't think people who couldn't agree with me are bad for simply disagreeing with me. It's only those who are intolerable of me for having these opinions that are bad. That's the problem with political discussions. It leads to people finding reasons to hate others since they're sharing their opinions.

I know politics is still relevant since it's within a few days after the election, but like what the OP said, it's dividing us. And like what I said earlier this post, it's hard to ignore these threads.

It's actually hard to ignore the political discussions. But it's not the subject in general that's bad. It's how we handle them that's the problem. For example, I ended up telling others who I voted for on Discord. Three members took offense. Because of their cold-hearted personalities, they will forever call me a bigot. They used it as an excuse to bully me or harass me. They're even defending their extreme bias and poor behavior, saying that it's okay to do it while dismissing the fact that they're really biased and mean. They also told me not to get offended if they call me a "racist" when I have every right and reason to be offended. I don't want others to end up becoming victims of people like these three who got rude. We all have our own opinions. I believe that repealing the ACA is the right thing to do. I believe abortion is killing babies and Planned Parenthood should be obliterated. I believe that political correctness is bad for society. But do you know what? I don't think people who couldn't agree with me are bad for simply disagreeing with me. It's only those who are intolerable of me for having these opinions that are bad. That's the problem with political discussions. It leads to people finding reasons to hate others since they're sharing their opinions.

I know politics is still relevant since it's within a few days after the election, but like what the OP said, it's dividing us. And like what I said earlier this post, it's hard to ignore these threads.

Brother! You're on this site too?

Political figures are the people who decide how we live. If someone disagrees with these political figures, this is a place where no one can interrupt, and they can just rant on and on. I think that political threads are helpful to release anger and frustration. These are people that will continue to effect us for years to come.

I didn't post this thread because political discussions in general bother me. I do that all the time. I'm always talking about politics with my family.

It's when people start getting rude about it and start hating each other over it. That needs to stop.

Think long and hard about that before you say I'm tryigto get rid of political posts altogether. Because I'm not.

I didn't post this thread because political discussions in general bother me. I do that all the time. I'm always talking about politics with my family.

It's when people start getting rude about it and start hating each other over it. That needs to stop.

Think long and hard about that before you say I'm tryigto get rid of political posts altogether. Because I'm not.

Maybe you should have a better title for your thread then, because "Please Stop with the Political Discussions..." sounds like you want to get rid of them.

I agree. Politics has too many sides and too many people taking different sides. It divides friends just because the candidate that they support is different. I like to keep politics to myself when I pick a side. When I don't, I just say that I'm neutral or I don't support either candidate. Politics is too controversial and everyone has a different opinion on what policy should look like. I like politics but I don't like discussing my political views. I can discuss politics in a neutral but not political views because political views cannot be unbiased. I also see no point in discussing politics. I don't need to know who supports this candidate or that candidate because it won't help me in any way.

I'm really not comfortable with the fact that only people on the conservative side of the spectrum on this site keep asking everyone to stop voicing their political opinions. In particular Apple 2012 saying that "political correctness is bad for society" and following that up with saying that people who are blunt about their opposition to his/her views are being inappropriate. In other words when you talk about politics and religion it's "freedom of speech" but when others do it it's "divisive". Grow up.

I'm really not comfortable with the fact that only people on the conservative side of the spectrum on this site keep asking everyone to stop voicing their political opinions. In particular Apple 2012 saying that "political correctness is bad for society" and following that up with saying that people who are blunt about their opposition to his/her views are being inappropriate. In other words when you talk about politics and religion it's "freedom of speech" but when others do it it's "divisive". Grow up.

Please do not make me look like a hypocrite. I'm not trying to silence other members for not agreeing with me. I'm agreeing with the OP because it's actually what it does. It's not all about me or my emotions. It's about having others get along over issues, which people failed to respect that.

And one more thing. It annoys me if people are specifcally pointing their fingers at me in a negative light. I don't like anybody who gives me a negative reputation.

Last edited:
Please do not make me look like a hypocrite. I'm not trying to silence other members for not agreeing with me. I'm agreeing with the OP because it's actually what it does. It's not all about me or my emotions. It's about having others get along over issues, which people failed to respect that.

And one more thing. It annoys me if people are specifcally pointing their fingers at me in a negative light. I don't like anybody who gives me a negative reputation.

Well then. I guess there won't be settling any disputes here...

I'll just stay on my Idea thread and let more people here put each other down. Apparently the issue can't be solved.

Well then. I guess there won't be settling any disputes here...

I'll just stay on my Idea thread and let more people here put each other down. Apparently the issue can't be solved.

I'm staying out of the main discussion and just lurking but I will say 1. You can always report any posts that you think are inducing a fight or are off topic and 2. You can request a thread close if you don't like what your thread's become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back