• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Please Stop with the Hateful Political Discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
It appears that the political discussions on this forum are dividing us and tearing us apart. I don't like to see so much hate among people... especially considering that this forum was created for people who play Animal Crossing to come together and have fun.

I'm saying this in the best interest of all the people here at TBT. Don't escalate this any more than it already is. Please stop tearing each other apart. Don't be immature when talking about politics.

Last edited:
Problem is, there's gonna be another thread for every shocking move Trump will make when he's president

It won't end if it's not banned

Its making me posting less. I don't deal with stuff like that.

Politics are still important. Elections just do this to people, it probably won't be any different in a split for the 2020 elections

It appears that the political discussions on this forum are dividing us and tearing us apart. I don't like to see so much hate among people... especially considering that this forum was created for people who play Animal Crossing to come together and have fun.

I'm saying this in the best interest of all the people here at TBT. Don't escalate this any more than it already is. Please stop tearing each other apart.

I have to agree with you. I don't want to lose anymore friends as three people on this site now hates me deeply after the election. Plus, if you look back, you can see all of the political threads that were locked. If you see tons of locked threads, then the community has a problem.

I understand that they're having a serious meltdown after the election results, but this site is not meant to be a war zone.

This is a political thread though.

???

I didn't make this a political thread, I made this to tell people they need to stop bashing each other for different views. It's ridiculous.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Politics are still important. Elections just do this to people, it probably won't be any different in a split for the 2020 elections

This site shouldn't be a battleground for political debates, though. That's my point.

How about this - make a subforum for political threads, and make an option for people to block political threads. Also ban any mention of politics outside of the political forum, I guess?

If people discuss the election in a political thread, or even in general, there's always the option to:
1. Not even read it
2. Don't reply if you do read it

It's unfair to those who want to have peaceful discussion or vent their feelings in a space they feel safe just because it's making others feel uncomfortable. I suppose if it shouldn't be a battleground for political debates, there shouldn't be discussions about ANYTHING except Animal Crossing. But that wouldn't happen, because people come here for forum games and discussions about popular media, etc.

People shouldn't be silenced because you're uncomfortable.

Politics is not just ruining Animal Crossing forums, but every forum that allows political discussions.

Politics is not just ruining Animal Crossing forums, but every forum that allows political discussions.

^^^
This.

Also, it's hard to avoid political threads when it clogs up your news feed.

There needs to be a separate area for things like this. Keep it out of this forum, the "caf?" or whatever it's called. Leave this for all those nonsensical things kids like to talk about.

If people discuss the election in a political thread, or even in general, there's always the option to:
1. Not even read it
2. Don't reply if you do read it

It's unfair to those who want to have peaceful discussion or vent their feelings in a space they feel safe just because it's making others feel uncomfortable. I suppose if it shouldn't be a battleground for political debates, there shouldn't be discussions about ANYTHING except Animal Crossing. But that wouldn't happen, because people come here for forum games and discussions about popular media, etc.

People shouldn't be silenced because you're uncomfortable.

I agree with this. Plus, the political debates are restricted to Brewster's, which is a board for discussions unrelated to AC anyway. If you only want to talk about AC, then simply browse only the AC section of the forum. As long as discussing in a civil way about politics isn't banned, then people have every right to do so here.

Also, ignore feature exists. Just add the user that makes you feel uncomfortable to your ignore list and move on.

Oh, and people have a right to be angry. This is a mater that affect their lives for years to come. At least let people vent their frustration, or report it if it gets out of hand.

It's unfair to those who want to have peaceful discussion or vent their feelings in a space they feel safe just because it's making others feel uncomfortable.
That's just it, though. Most of the time these discussions are not peaceful. That's why it really needs to stop. This site has no room for political arguments.

Even though I agree with you, making a thread like this won't stop anything, but instead, add to the clutter.

Give this a few weeks and nobody will mention it anymore. It's just the newest news so of course people will be talking about it and you know how Brewster's gos (or anywhere on the internet, for that matter) fights break out.

please don't turn this site into another acc where any topic that causes the slightest argument is banned.

literally nobody is forcing you to even click on these threads.

Did Elsa from Frozen not teach us enough? She said let it go. She couldn't hold your political discussions. Let it go. Let it go. Turn away from discussing politics. She doesn't care what you say. Let the peace just happen.

Oh, and the cold weather coming, it doesn't bother me anyway.

???

I didn't make this a political thread, I made this to tell people they need to stop bashing each other for different views. It's ridiculous.

You did though. You mentioned politics and then preached about hate. It's a political thread.

The Animal Crossing sections of this forum are untouched when it comes to politics. Sounds to me like you just want to silence people.

That's just it, though. Most of the time these discussions are not peaceful. That's why it really needs to stop. This site has no room for political arguments.
It clearly does though considering the amount of threads and the amount of replies to said threads. If anything escalates too much, report it and a mod will take care of it. While I agree that there's too many threads (since half of them are about the same thing as each other) it's not a big problem.

Did Elsa from Frozen not teach us enough? She said let it go. She couldn't hold your political discussions. Let it go. Let it go. Turn away from discussing politics. She doesn't care what you say. Let the peace just happen.

Oh, and the cold weather coming, it doesn't bother me anyway.

Elsa was talking about her superpowers which she was demonized and run out of her town for not threads in an Animal Crossing forum about a rotten pumpkin being the president, what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back