Please Stop with the Hateful Political Discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then. I guess there won't be settling any disputes here...

I'll just stay on my Idea thread and let more people here put each other down. Apparently the issue can't be solved.

Even though the complaining will tone down in a month or so like after the events in Ferguson, you are right. As much as I have to agree with you, it's best not to protest against a forum behavior. Besides, only the moderators can settle the disputes, and they even approved. I can say that ams was misguided because I wasn't trying to silence people from disagreeing with me, but even when you make good points, they aren't gonna stop. Let's wait until December 19th, or even January 20th before we can finally see peace.

Look there's no avoiding this, exactly wha Murray said there's no way to avoid it I guess.

Bowie already has one thread with "General" in it, so I assume this would be the center thread on politics so it won't be super repetitive.

That being said why is his thread still up one is enough close this pleas chop chop chopping

I agree with politics needing to be toned down.. maybe we can get a sub for all the annoying threads about politics?

I agree that the intent of the sub is about a fun kid's game called Animal Crossing.

I also believe that the mods have decided to set up separate forums where we can discuss non AC things for a reason. It broadens the reach of the forum and gives a proper place to deliberate over other video games and media, and politics.

Whenever people get nasty, I always say: "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." Aka if you get pissed off over some random person's political views, take some time to chill, then post a response. Any behavior which violates TBT rules should be grounds for a warning and/or ban if it gets too out of hand.

But does that mean ALL political discussion should be banned here? I think not. There are many places where rational, thinking adults can discuss politics, and I would hope TBT is one of those places. And the mods can get rid of any offenders while keeping it a nice place for decent people, instead of ruining the fun for EVERYONE because of a few angry people.

JMO and worth exactly what I charge for it

There are many places where rational, thinking adults can discuss politics, and I would hope TBT is one of those places. And the mods can get rid of any offenders while keeping it a nice place for decent people, instead of ruining the fun for EVERYONE because of a few angry people.

Describes my feelings very well.

Honestly, we have come to a day and age where politics can seep into just about anything and everything if you think about it hard enough. I think that political threads should be allowed so long as they are kept civilised and discussion remains discussion, not rabid insults because "EW YOU LIKE HILLARY CLINTON" or "EW YOU LIKE DONALD TRUMP" because despite this being a forum for a kid's game, I would hope most people here are more mature than that.

You should be more mature than that to be discussing politics in the first place, to be perfectly honest with you.

I agree that there's probably too many political threads and they get really heated (everyone seems to have strong opinions when it comes to politics it seems). And I'll admit seeing some of your guy's posts there have changed my opinion of you as a person even if I don't really talk to you in the first place. But it's also kinda intesting to see so many people intersted in politics as the same time? There are important issues that need to be talked about. It's the way we talk about them that's hard to fix. It's easy to tell people to be mature, but I've seen many (including me probably) who gets a caught up and want to argue their points of view (because most feels strongly about their stance on an issue I suppose). I just learn that you can't really get somebody to change their minds if they don't want to. You can list facts, write paragraphs, and give sources etc. etc. but at the end of the day, they'll still adhere to their principles and we're all just strangers yelling at each other on the internet with no real life consequences.

i often engage in political threads since i find them interesting, but i don't let them spill over into any other of my posts. i read what people think, share my input, occasionally debate points i disagree with, then go elsewhere.
while i do agree that there is a degree of hostility in political threads - any discussion where two juxtaposing views are debated isn't going to be peaceful - but brewster's caf? is a sub-forum where any non-ac topics are allowed, and with politics being such a hot, non-ac subject, there are going to be threads on it, and people are entitled to sharing their point of view no matter where they stand. i suppose that's the concept of a forum, after all.
but there's a lot of people who are disagreeing with these discussions who i see post in most political threads? lmao

I just wish, in general not just the forums, that people could respect each others views without throwing insults.

What I'm getting tired of more than political discussions is users bumping threads from the last year or before. This discussion is old and irrelevant. If the last post has been a month or longer since its post, leave the thread alone.

Yes, political discussions will always happen no matter what, and in every discussion, people are always gonna attack each other, even on the less touchy subjects like if the UN should be abolished. And as long as Trump is in office and as long as Ferguson has already happened, the political discussions are gonna get more frequent.

Last edited:
I agree with politics needing to be toned down.. maybe we can get a sub for all the annoying threads about politics?

I tried that and the staff rejected it. I still don't know why.

Also why was this thread bumped lmao that was unnecessary

Y'know I am very political but even I am tired of all of these political threads! I wouldn't be
disappointed if political threads were banned (though politics allowed in blog and on profile)!

Agreed. I'm getting reaaaally tired of the moral superiority of the Trump haters on this forum. I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, I just don't think he's a white nationalist out to destroy the lives of non-white and non-American people. Can't we just talk about our lives or cute animals or something?

Politics will always be an important topic in everyone's lives, but it doesn't have much of a place on an animal crossing forum (though admittedly, I'm just guilty as anyone else when it comes to responding to those threads). I'm definitely up for filling Brewster's up with more positive/ fun topics.

Agreed. I'm getting reaaaally tired of the moral superiority of the Trump haters on this forum. I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, I just don't think he's a white nationalist out to destroy the lives of non-white and non-American people. Can't we just talk about our lives or cute animals or something?

Politics will always be an important topic in everyone's lives, but it doesn't have much of a place on an animal crossing forum (though admittedly, I'm just guilty as anyone else when it comes to responding to those threads). I'm definitely up for filling Brewster's up with more positive/ fun topics.

You know, a couple of Trump supporters are pretty arrogant, but I agree that the Trump haters are much more aggressive. Some even wish for his assassination. And let's not even forget the acts of violence they done to Trump supporters and other conservatives. I think the Trump haters are more annoying than any other political group. I don't think Trump's all that great either, but he and his twitter bullying is no worse than these aggressive haters of him and their whining.

Last edited:
(welp, poc dont ever get tired of trump supporters on this forum, because we had to deal with y'all way before trump was elected. anti-human rights for poc and lgbtq+ and non-christians ideas didn't start with him.)

trump haters have every right to be upset because his actions directly hurt them and their families and friends. trump lovers can simply sit back with popcorn and enjoy the fact that they aren't targeted by whatever he does, so its soooo easy for them to demonize trump haters for being expressive with their disrespect for the type of man he is.

as i can remind what is conveniently forgotten, i don't recall bernie/hillary/ any other political leader have their supporters march in the streets with torches chanting "blood and soil", carrying loaded assault rifles, sending death threats with swatstikas and kkk cross to jewish and black businesses and homes, and murder and harass poc, and lgbtq+, non-christians and get away with no punishment. all of that is MUCH WORSE than "punch a nazi in the face" and to be unable to comprehend the obvious differences, is simply willful ignorance and obvious bias towards them, (ironically claiming to be against such things) LOL there is a difference to claiming to be "against racism" to save face, and claiming to be "against racism" when you find racial injustice inhumane.

"get over it, elections done." "stop being whiny" "stop complaining" "stop protesting" "stop being angry"
your privilege (that you all deny of) is showing. you dont deal with what we deal with, thats your privilege. so you dont get to tell a undeserving victim to stop fighting against someone who wants to harm/kill them or supports people who wants to harm/kill them. to do so is rather arrogant of you. like i said, its very easy for you all to sit back and be entertained by the discrimination of others and be glad that it isn't happening to you.

moral people don't disrespect conservatives and republicans, moral people disrespect racist people. the fact that racist people is associated with conservatives and republicans by EVEN republicans and conservatives themselves who think when someone says "racist" they're talking about rep/con says ALOT.

the hashtag is punch a nazi in the face, not punch a conservative/republican in the face.

side note: there isn't that much political forums here. i typically see like 2 out of 20 on average or 4 out of 20 at most. that literally means you have 16-18 non political threads to choose and yet somehow "political threads are taking over Brewster". if trump supporters here are THAT invested in the political corner of this animal crossing forum, that you all really cant stand people not respecting your president, then im sure there are many other websites with much more likeminded people that you guys can better relate to, for you to vent your disdain for people who don't tolerate nor respect injustice, such as kkk forum, or the american neo-nazi forum, or the all lives matter/cop lives matter forum, or the trump forum.

@Soraru:

WOW! You have some extreme bias. Judging by your post, you seem extremely angry. I even heard that you always want to win a debate, even when there's no win/lose situation. Why are you acting like this?

The reason why this thread was created is because back when it was created, there were much more political discussions than we have now. And the reason why we're still posting here is because someone bumped it up from almost a year ago, not knowing the rules where you shouldn't bump old and irrelevant threads. I even reported it to get closed, but the mods aren't doing anything about it. Yes, we are free to create political discussions, but we shouldn't fight people for disagreeing with them. That's what xSuperMario64x was most concerned about. And there's a lot of fighting.

Last edited:
(welp, poc dont ever get tired of trump supporters on this forum, because we had to deal with y'all way before trump was elected. anti-human rights for poc and lgbtq+ and non-christians ideas didn't start with him.)

trump haters have every right to be upset because his actions directly hurt them and their families and friends. trump lovers can simply sit back with popcorn and enjoy the fact that they aren't targeted by whatever he does, so its soooo easy for them to demonize trump haters for being expressive with their disrespect for the type of man he is.

as i can remind what is conveniently forgotten, i don't recall bernie/hillary/ any other political leader have their supporters march in the streets with torches chanting "blood and soil", carrying loaded assault rifles, sending death threats with swatstikas and kkk cross to jewish and black businesses and homes, and murder and harass poc, and lgbtq+, non-christians and get away with no punishment. all of that is MUCH WORSE than "punch a nazi in the face" and to be unable to comprehend the obvious differences, is simply willful ignorance and obvious bias towards them, (ironically claiming to be against such things) LOL there is a difference to claiming to be "against racism" to save face, and claiming to be "against racism" when you find racial injustice inhumane.

"get over it, elections done." "stop being whiny" "stop complaining" "stop protesting" "stop being angry"
your privilege (that you all deny of) is showing. you dont deal with what we deal with, thats your privilege. so you dont get to tell a undeserving victim to stop fighting against someone who wants to harm/kill them or supports people who wants to harm/kill them. to do so is rather arrogant of you. like i said, its very easy for you all to sit back and be entertained by the discrimination of others and be glad that it isn't happening to you.

moral people don't disrespect conservatives and republicans, moral people disrespect racist people. the fact that racist people is associated with conservatives and republicans by EVEN republicans and conservatives themselves who think when someone says "racist" they're talking about rep/con says ALOT.

the hashtag is punch a nazi in the face, not punch a conservative/republican in the face.

side note: there isn't that much political forums here. i typically see like 2 out of 20 on average or 4 out of 20 at most. that literally means you have 16-18 non political threads to choose and yet somehow "political threads are taking over Brewster". if trump supporters here are THAT invested in the political corner of this animal crossing forum, that you all really cant stand people not respecting your president, then im sure there are many other websites with much more likeminded people that you guys can better relate to, for you to vent your disdain for people who don't tolerate nor respect injustice, such as kkk forum, or the american neo-nazi forum, or the all lives matter/cop lives matter forum, or the trump forum.

Dang, pretty much took the words outta my mouth, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back