• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

3DS start button issues

Moontoon

Yeagerbombastic
Bells
So this has happened twice now; when I press start on my 3DS, the system shuts down :'( Does this happen to anyone else? I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Shuts down how? It just goes completely black? Or does the screen go black but the lights are still on? That's probably a software problem already. The only way to fix it is either going to a store or contacting Nintendo (I'm not too sure reformatting might so the trick, but it might not). I have a New 3ds XL, no problems (but it has been dropped multiple times already)

It goes completely black. No lights on.

Wouldn't be too happy about having to get it exchanged or repaired, since I'd worry about losing my profile and save data :'(

It goes completely black. No lights on.

Wouldn't be too happy about having to get it exchanged or repaired, since I'd worry about losing my profile and save data :'(

I don't know what Nintendo is like where you live, but when my 3DS XL's camera was defect and I sent it to Nintendo for it to be repaired they were letting me choose whether I wanted my data to be reset or kept if possible. I still had all my data when I got my 3DS back. I'm from The Netherlands btw.

Last edited:
Back