Anyone Else Finding Puzzle League Hard?

I found it hard to get the hang of at first since I'm used to similar games where you can adjust pieces vertically as well as horizontally. After lots (2 dozen+) of fails, I finally got the hang of it. I completed it + kinda hard modes on 7/8 of my characters (still failing some levels every now and then), and then realised I should try my amiibos out lol.

I found the following to be helpful (with or without amiibos) :

- turn the music off so it doesn't distract you + make you flustered as the blocks reach the top. Play music of your own to help you concentrate of you like (I prefer silence myself).

- press /b/ (I don't know other keys sorry) to raise the blocks up AS SOON AS YOU ENTER EACH ROUND (this gives you much better moves to make since there are more blocks to work with AND you're able to earn speed+ cascade bonuses right from the start)

- make your moves as quickly as possible, it's better to make a basic move than get flustered trying to find a "good" one.

- keep raising the blocks by pressing /b/ as often as necessary to keep your momentum up and score rising.

- use your 3 "practice" rounds to build up your support (the 3rd round has a LOT more % available, I think the rounds are cumulative and the most % you can have entering each battle round is 60%).

Good luck everyone still struggling, hopefully you'll get there. :)

It's a difficult game for animal crossing, I must say lol. Personally beat all the levels in story mode including the harder version, it took awhile but this game really is difficult!

I just wish I didn't have to use the D-pad. I'm about done with story mode but it's a bit tough.

I haven't yet used amiibos, so I'm going to try that because I tend to panic and use the mayor's special atk when the blocks are piling too high.

I found the following to be helpful (with or without amiibos) :

- turn the music off so it doesn't distract you + make you flustered as the blocks reach the top. Play music of your own to help you concentrate of you like (I prefer silence myself).

- press /b/ (I don't know other keys sorry) to raise the blocks up AS SOON AS YOU ENTER EACH ROUND (this gives you much better moves to make since there are more blocks to work with AND you're able to earn speed+ cascade bonuses right from the start)

- make your moves as quickly as possible, it's better to make a basic move than get flustered trying to find a "good" one.

- keep raising the blocks by pressing /b/ as often as necessary to keep your momentum up and score rising.

- use your 3 "practice" rounds to build up your support (the 3rd round has a LOT more % available, I think the rounds are cumulative and the most % you can have entering each battle round is 60%).

Good luck everyone still struggling, hopefully you'll get there. :)

I'm on the Cornimer stage of Kinda Hard Mode and it's SO HARD! I do all of these tricks (maybe not the B button one since the block are moving really fast already) and I have beaten it before but it must've been a stroke of luck. you don't start from 60% and you can only get points from making combos. Not to mention the giant garbage blocks getting in the way of an otherwise perfect combo attack. I rage quit after my 10th try. :mad:

Only played it a few times, I'm not used to speed games, find it difficult/get flustered.
Do you have to use the D pad to move the blocks? - if I could use the touch screen and the stylus I would find it easier.

It's a difficult game for animal crossing, I must say lol. Personally beat all the levels in story mode including the harder version, it took awhile but this game really is difficult!
I agree with this. :) Difficult in a good way though, I really enjoyed it.
... I kind of wish it was Tetris though...

I agree with this. :) Difficult in a good way though, I really enjoyed it.
... I kind of wish it was Tetris though...
Buut it wad originally called tetris attack with yoshie theme in everywhere but japan where it was anime.... girls.. theme?

It's hard, but one thing that works sometimes for me is using the b button to raise the blocks up. It helps get combos which means more support. If you don't want to make matches raise it up and spam the button.

Me, without Amiibos, holding in my anger as Marina wins again by throwing literal garbage at me while I mind my business trying to get the damn grapes to line up:
IMG_0227.JPG

Buut it wad originally called tetris attack with yoshie theme in everywhere but japan where it was anime.... girls.. theme?
That makes sense! It seems to be a cross between Tetris and those 'match three' games that are EVERYWHERE on mobile lol. The clearing lines aspect and 'don't reach the top!' idea is from Tetris but still the main deal of the game is still getting three in a row.

There is nothing wrong with this game though honestly, it's great fun! I just really love my good old fashioned Tetris on my Gameboy from 1989 XD. (It's the original but ported to the Gameboy which I find the most convenient system to play it on). Let's just say I chose my user title thing correctly and leave it at that? Hahaha

I really like the Amiibo abilities you can unlock for puzzle league btw! My favourite so far is Reese's. The max fruit change is seriously helpful when I run out of combos to make.

Last edited:
The game is incredibly hard but not impossible! I sat there for hours, incredibly frustrated with the game, but I kept trying! I now own everything but the flower fairy boots I believe! It's very hard to give advice for the game as I feel sometimes it's down to complete luck; sometimes you just don't get good setups! Don't give up on it though, it's extremely satisfying when you finally win the darn thing!

I too, in my complete in utter frustration, was confused as to why the game is so hard considering it's target audience!

I managed to get the flower without any amiibo power ups. Scored over 200 on my first attempt. :). But I suck at combos and get destroyed when asked to get 100% approval by villagers. I'll break out the amiibo for the kind of hard mode or w/e it's called

everyone's talking about how they can't pass the last level, or they're missing just ONE flower fairy item

but lol i'm here, not even being able to pass the first villager in story mode ;;; i don't understand why i'm so bad at this game lmao?? i'm really good at candy crush??? this is barely any different besides only being able to move blocks horizontally??

Back