question about new villagers

BeekeeperAngel

the pizza man
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
so I know with the update came some new villagers, but I'm unclear on if they can be random move-ins, if you can only get them from amiibo cards, or if there's something else entirely you can/have to do to get them. I don't have any amiibos and don't plan on buying any, so I'm kind of hoping that's not the only way to meet the new villagers :0

The new villagers can be purchased as new amiibo cards, and used with Wisp, you can get the villager to visit the campground. After this, you can ask them to move in. They will not randomly move in, I believe, but I am unsure on whether you could ask any to move in from other towns.

The new villagers can be purchased as new amiibo cards, and used with Wisp, you can get the villager to visit the campground. After this, you can ask them to move in. They will not randomly move in, I believe, but I am unsure on whether you could ask any to move in from other towns.

ooo thank you...I've poked around some other threads and I think you can adopt them from other towns as long as they're not special characters like the Splatoon ones

It seems that the new 50 characters can only move in if you have their Amiibo card.

There are other "special" villagers though, which you can also only get with Amiibos. But only with actual Amiibos; The cards and Amiibo are different things. There are packs of cards that are a few bucks I think for like 4, I can't remember.

It's unclear if we can adopt villagers from other people like we can now with already-existing villagers. It doesn't seem that way though, since Japan has already gotten the cards and I don't see any of those villagers on the Villager Trading Plaza.

Back