• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Woods Expedition Has Ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Númenor
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
Yellow Lily
conclusion.png

Our 2016 Halloween Event, The Woods Expedition has now ended! We hope you all enjoyed this year's event, which we tried to make different from previous events we've hosted here at The Bell Tree. The boards are now open to everybody for viewing so you can see all of the tasks and stories if you weren't able to get to the end. These will remain open for a few days.

If you weren't able to figure out the riddle at the end, each code pointed to a board on the forum, a page number, a clue to a thread on the page, a post number, and the letter position in the post. These spelled our words: first phantasm, then boneyard.

Special thanks to all the staff who helped put this event together!
  • Event planning: Jeremy, Oblivia, Jake, Tom, Justin, Laudine, Peter, Tina, Murray
  • Edge of the Woods story: Tina
  • Campsite story: Tom
  • The Haunted Path story: Jake
  • The Swamp story: Peter
  • Forgotten Cemetery story: Jake
  • The Deep Woods and The Way Out story: Tina
  • The Deep Woods riddle: Oblivia
  • Collectible distribution: Jake, Laudine, Peter, Tina, Justin, Tom
  • Graphics- banners and map: Laudine
Hopefully you were all able to find a few candies in The Woods and make it out in one piece! Let us know what you thought of the event. Thanks for participating!

I missed a lot of events since my joining, but I have a feeling that this one might be one of the best! The activities were super easy, and fun. At first. I guess you really needed to be able to blast through the first 5, so you could spend days completing the final task! That was so freaking hard, even after I knew how to solve it, I STILL COULDN'T SOLVE IT. You guys have some twisted minds, being able to create a riddle like that. Great job though! As difficult ans frustrating as it was, I'm glad that the last task was actually a challenge lol, and I love all pf the candies! Not only did you guys add 2 awesome new colors, but everyone is happy about the new candy backgrounds! The candies look awesome :)

I wish we got to keep the tools we gained while traversing

tool items as collectibles make a lot of sense tbh, and gave a nice extra incentive to people that already had the first 4 candies to participate

still a fun even though, despite my lateness and that last section "riddle". thanks for all the work, as per usual

Damn, I didn't figure out that the riddle was asking us to find letters...I got that the first initials stood for the forum boards but didn't get any further.

That was a great event, staff, outdid yourselves again! Thanks for the opportunity ^^

>solving the "riddle" required going outside of the (deep) woods

THAT IS NOT WHAT BEING HERE FOREVER MEANS

I DEMAND COMPENSATION FOR THIS LIE

Last edited:
It was really fun! Felt rewarding to unlock each sections of the Woods, and the requirements didn't ask too much so I can rush it while in the middle of midterms.

Hope you guys would consider doing this again for events outside of holidays when people would be busy with school/work : D

Bless Oblivia
(And everyone else obvs)

Great event!

It was really fun to participate in it! too bad I died in the woods.

like seriously, I instantly dismissed the idea that pieces of the answer were hidden in other boards precisely *because* of the YOU'RE HERE FOREVER message. combined with the event basically being an elaborate roleplay of sorts with it's own story as opposed to the more usual events just being "here, do this"

if you're gonna do a roleplay thing, don't break that very roleplay. keep it consistent

like seriously, I instantly dismissed the idea that pieces of the answer were hidden in other boards precisely *because* of the YOU'RE HERE FOREVER message. combined with the event basically being an elaborate roleplay of sorts with it's own story as opposed to the more usual events just being "here, do this"

if you're gonna do a roleplay thing, don't break that very roleplay. keep it consistent

Why would something out of the thread entirely have to do with the puzzle though?
Chef please take this dish back there's too much salt.

Why would something out of the thread entirely have to do with the puzzle though?
Chef please take this dish back there's too much salt.

it's in the same board as the puzzle, and adds to the roleplay element

the puzzle and roleplay are both fine on their own, the issue is that they don't mesh with each other in their base goals. one is meant to give you a sense of being TRAPPED FOR A POSSIBLE ETERNITY while the other says GO FREE AND EXPLORE.

it'd be like being locked in a single door no-windows-or-anything-similar room in a game, and needing to get the key to unlock the room to leave from another building. achieving the latter would be impossible given the situation unless you teleported or something, and if you did then what would even be the point of getting the key at that point? once you've teleported out of the room, you are effectively freed from the room, regardless of the method. it either kills the puzzle or kills the roleplay, regardless of the outcome

Last edited:
ha! do you know the death count for the deep woods?, i better get busy ea-... AHEM i mean disposing of the bodies!

it's in the same board as the puzzle, and adds to the roleplay element

the puzzle and roleplay are both fine on their own, the issue is that they don't mesh with each other in their base goals. one is meant to give you a sense of being TRAPPED FOR A POSSIBLE ETERNITY while the other says GO FREE AND EXPLORE.

it'd be like being locked in a single door no-windows-or-anything-similar room in a game, and needing to get the key to unlock the room to leave from another building. achieving the latter would be impossible given the situation unless you teleported or something, and if you did then what would even be the point of getting the key at that point? once you've teleported out of the room, you are effectively freed from the room, regardless of the method. it either kills the puzzle or kills the roleplay, regardless of the outcome

Eh, I feel like having to go to my brightly lit, welcoming kitchen with "HOME" in big letters on the wall for the potion challenge already kind of broke the atmosphere anyways tbh ?\_(ツ)_/?

Thank you for this event! You know, being trapped in the Deep Woods for all eternity aside, it was rather fun! ❤

I totally treated the riddle as a Da Vinci Code of sorts. Pages of useless notes and calculations are staring back at me and laughing right now. Various base calculations, random formulas, pattern searching, roman numbers, binary codes... I even looked up the hylian alphabet and tried to use that as a cypher key for crying out loud! Good times. LOL

Thank you for this event! You know, being trapped in the Deep Woods for all eternity aside, it was rather fun! ❤

I totally treated the riddle as a Da Vinci Code of sorts. Pages of useless notes and calculations are staring back at me and laughing right now. Various base calculations, random formulas, pattern searching, roman numbers, binary codes... I even looked up the hylian alphabet and tried to use that as a cypher key for crying out loud! Good times. LOL

I did that cypher thing too oml. I even thought it was something to do with the forums last night (ACWW and IB/intro board gave it away) but I just couldn't make sense of the words following those. So I spent most of today using random generators for number/letter conversions and **** rip.

Anyways thank you staff for throwing together this event! I've never been one to read flavor txt, but during my madness of trying to solve the riddle I went back and read it all (for clues or some **** idk) and wow. I loved it, all of it was really well written <3 the banners are beautiful. and the new collectibles, with the darker backgrounds ahhh I love them <3 thank you again for all the time and effort you guys put into this!

Oh god I feel so stupid not being able to solve the riddle. Well at least I'm not left rotting alone there in the Deep Woods! We have a whole group of people who didn't make it out. Let's just form our own little community and forever live on in the terrifying darkness...

Either way, the expedition was a lot of fun! I loved the format and the challenges were really cool as well. Thanks for the great job guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back