• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think Daylight Savings should be abolished?

What time would you rather stick to?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
We may be hearing a lot about Halloween, the election, and other stuff like that, but another event coming close is Daylight Savings Time (Summer Time in Europe) ending. This means it's time to set the clocks back. We get one extra hour of sleep at least, but nights begin even earlier, which adds insult to injury based on how daylight hours are shrinking due to the Earth's axial tilt.

So here is a question for all of you. Should we keep the tradition where we set the clocks one hour ahead on the second Sunday of March and set them one hour back on the first Sunday of November? Or should we get rid of this tradition once and for all? If you believe in ending this practice, what time would you rather stick to all-year round? Would you rather be on Daylight Savings Time all year round (so we can have at least one more hour of sun after 12:00 PM), or would you rather be on Standard Time all year round (so the sundials are synchronized with the time of the day)?

Whether or not we stick to one time zone, I hope that we actually can vote on this in the 2016 election (or any time when we have to vote). Daylight Savings after all is one of these decisions left up to the state, but I would rather have the people in each state vote on what time the state sticks to rather than the state governments. I know it's already a tradition, but it has to go someday.

What would I rather stick to? I would rather stay on Standard Time all year round rather than just the winter. In my state (Texas), that would mean GMT-6 all year round. I want to start waking up earlier, and DST is messing up my body clock. I could stick to DST all year round too, but I am done changing the clock.

I was once told that this practice was done due to the farmers having to wake up early and all. To be honest i don't mind it. I kinda find it cool cause other countries don't get it :)

I was once told that this practice was done due to the farmers having to wake up early and all. To be honest i don't mind it. I kinda find it cool cause other countries don't get it :)

Other countries also don't have massive gun massacres ever few months

I'm a night owl, so I'd like the extra hour of daylight on the back end every day.

it was made for a reason and i cant imagine my world without it.
if u wanna stay out an extra hour, go for it. u change ur clock once and then ur done. not a huge deal.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Abolish time itself

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

I just find it a bit stupid, like why do we need this lmao

I'd prefer to stick to standard time tbh

i remember it was daylights saving and it turned back an hour right as i looked at my phone and i thought it was trippy but anyways idk what's it's 100% for anyways

I'm personally indifferent on the matter, although I think the government should come to a conclusion on what they think is best.

I guess I would technically be indifferent to the issue. Daylight savings doesn't effect where I am from. The only thing that changes is my tv shows and what time they air.

I don't need to change any clocks or anything. TBH no one where I am from even mentions why it happens or what we have to do hahhaaaa

I don't want DST to end. Too much darkness :(

wasn't it made as a joke? or was that a myth?

honestly, i like having the sun up longer; when the sun goes down it reminds me the day is up, which makes me mope the next few hours. so yeah, i like having the sun up.

I'm really indifferent to it, like all the clocks I have are on computers and phones so I don't really notice when it changes besides being like "Oh wow, it's already bright out!" or something, but yeah I honestly don't care at all.

I'm not fussed about it really. The clocks mostly change automatically so I only ever have to remember to do my watch and the clock in my car. I do like it when the winter starts to set in and getting an extra hour in bed is always a plus. Not so keen in the spring when we lose an hour. I also much prefer the darker nights.

Don't get me wrong, I do love winter but I can't stand waking up to a dark morning. It also means that I have to walk home from work in the dark as I don't own a car. However, I'm very pleased with the fact that I get an extra hour in bed every morning! :blush:

I'd like to keep it. It's already gettting dark at 6PM and it's pitch black outside at 8AM.

We have GMT in the winter and BST in the summer time in the UK :) I like changing the clocks because it sort of fixes the light levels outside (idk)

i dont really care lmao??? all my devices change automatically i really don't notice

Just don't change the time, it's stupid ;;
I've forgotten SO many times to change my clock back and I end up coming to school 1 hour late/early

Back