• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Monster Hunter Double Cross (MHXX) Announced for Japan!

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
In a special Japan only Monster Hunter Direct yesterday, the newest game in the series, Monster Hunter Double Cross (MHXX) was announced, adding a G rank onto the already popular Monster Hunter Cross (MHX, or Monster Hunter Generations in the west).

Also revealed was the games (presumed) flagship monster, Barufaruku, a new Diablos deviant, along with the returning monsters, Barroth and Barioth (who had been absent from the series since Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate), and includes two new hunting styles; Brave Style, and an unannounced style to be revealed at a later date. Prowlers will also gain additional abilities in MHXX. Japanese players who have Monster Hunter Stories save data present on their 3DS will be able to unlock the Nabiru Palico armor set.

Watch the direct, along with the reveal trailer, below!

Nothing has been announced in the west so far, but considering how well the series has been going lately, it's only a matter of time until it gets announced. I never really played a lot of MHGen compared to other games, namely because of the lack of G-rank, but MHXX fixes that, so praise.

GET HYPE

Monster Hunter Double Cross (XX) is out now :]

Thoughts? Opinions?

I find it to be an amazing game, and the fact that it has DLC for animal crossing is just amazing, + the 2000+ hours of gameplay on it.

(if anyone wants to play double cross with me PM me, its hard to find players that can speak english XD)

Totally forgot this game out (i thought it was coming out later in March for some reason), I don't have the game nor do I have a Japanese 3DS, but I'm really excited to see which monsters have yet to be revealed. I just saw the praying mantis monster and I love it.

It brings back allot of old G rank monsters from 4U, it surprisingly brought back Gogmazios (the final 4U monster) so im curious as to what other monsters will be discovered as people get higher in the ranks.

It brings back allot of old G rank monsters from 4U, it surprisingly brought back Gogmazios (the final 4U monster) so im curious as to what other monsters will be discovered as people get higher in the ranks.

Not surprised they brought him back since he's great. I'm surprised they aren't including subspecies though (outside Deviants), as well as Great Jaggi. I'm really happy they brought Fatalis back. Definitely one of my favorite elder dragons, and was sad seeing he wasn't included in the first game. My only disappointment would be no Mohran. Jhen/Dah'ren were some of my favorite fights in 3U/4U, it really adds a new dynamic and there's just something great about fighting on a ship. I'm actually pretty disappointed neither of them returned.

i dont have a japanese 3ds anymore so im stuck waiting for western release (rip me), looking forward to the construction site monster, atoraru ka

Last edited:
i dont have a japanese 3ds anymore so im stuck waiting for western release (rip me), looking forward to the construction site monster, atoraru ka

They'll probably end up doing a switch port like they did with 3U for the Wii U. Japan will probably get the 3DS version first, and then a Switch version will be announced and we'll get both at the same time (yn)

They'll probably end up doing a switch port like they did with 3U for the Wii U. Japan will probably get the 3DS version first, and then a Switch version will be announced and we'll get both at the same time (yn)

welp looks like we'll be waiting quite a while then lol

oh my god I can hardly wait

here's hoping it comes to the west sooner rather than later, right?

I want this game so badly it's killing me...why won't it come to north america XD

I want this game so badly it's killing me...why won't it come to north america XD

It will. I assume an E3 announcement, if not, it'll probably be in their next Nintendo direct. However they might wait until MH Stories releases so the reveal doesn't kill sales.

Back