• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is having multiple 3DSes really that big of a deal?

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I commented on Nintendo's Facebook page about the upcoming Pok?mon Sun/Moon N3DS, and ALL I said was that I wasn't really jivin' on the design and that I already owned three of systems (one N3DS and two regular 3DSes) and several guys jumped all over it, basically condemning and judging me for owning more than one.

Now, I really don't care. I like owning multiples, and collecting them has become something of a hobby of mine. Plus, they were gifts.

But is it really that big a deal? I don't see the issue, but I'm curious what other people think.

Why did they think it was wrong? I only have two, but that's as many as I really need. I have the original blue model, and a New 3DS XL with some Happy Home Designer patterns on it.

I honestly have no clue. One dude turned super judgey about it, saying that kids in Africa could have eaten those DSes. And in my typical sarcastic fashion, I replied that I had no idea electronic devices doubled as food.

I figure it was a certain amount of jealousy, to be honest.

Definitely jealousy. If someone can't give you a legit reason of why owning more than one 3DS is bad, it's clearly jealousy.

On the side note, not to be a douche but kids in Africa can't even afford 3DS's. That "reason" was them trying to be witty and failing miserably. Just ignore them. They are on the internet and most likely 12.

Man I wish I could have more than one 3ds. That would make playing AC (and other games) so much more convenient. They're definitely jealous even though it should be none of their business -_-;

I honestly have no clue. One dude turned super judgey about it, saying that kids in Africa could have eaten those DSes. And in my typical sarcastic fashion, I replied that I had no idea electronic devices doubled as food.

If that is actually what they said then I think you are just overthinking it. Unless they said anything else then it is pretty obvious that they were just joking with you. I would just ignore the other guys though, I mean who cares how you decide to spend your money or what to collect?

Last edited:
Jesus, either they are just trolls or jealous. Well it certainly helps if you play the Streetpass games and probably some "real games" as well. If I could afford it I'd totally get another console man.

Also, yeah I agree the new n3ds xl they are gonna release is a bit meh.

I don't normally respond when I see comments like that. It's not like I use their money to buy stuff. Either way, I don't feel bothered so I just ignore them.

Not a big deal to me, even though I have only one.
I mean, if you want to spend the money on/like collecting them..Why not? It's not their lives. You do whatever you want!

I'm actually quite jealous you have multiples, you must've already gotten the streetpass badges lol c:

Also, ignore people pulling the African kids argument. Yes they might not be able to afford even one but using that to jump on others for their decision is just stupid. It's your money and you can spend them on what you want. Now, i can't really afford a second since I don't have the economy for it but yeah I'd be glad if I could.

It's-a-me! The Joke! joke here is making a parody of that people who say "KIDS IN AFRICA COULD BE EATEN THAT / USED THAT MONEY"
But yeah , **** what everyone thinks . If you want 62 3DSes then have 62 3DSes

It's-a-me! The Joke! joke here is making a parody of that people who say "KIDS IN AFRICA COULD BE EATEN THAT / USED THAT MONEY"
But yeah , **** what everyone thinks . If you want 62 3DSes then have 62 3DSes

Yeah it was more common here before but yeah I wonder why people still use it. Unless you are actually giving money to someone there directly it's not gonna help sigh and indeed...

I would love to have multiple 3ds but I would feel greedy cause i know i dont really need it but thats just me.
People shouldn't judge you though for having multiple consoles because that's your choice- you love and enjoy it so why not. The way I look at it is that there are people who spends money on leisure every month i.e Gym membership, alcohol, partying, shopping etc. They're the norm stuff and don't get judge so whats the difference? The whole "kids in Africa" comments is just to make you feel guilty about it but you shouldn't. You can't please everyone and thats just the reality. :-/

I don't have multiple but I don't see why it would be a big deal for people to have multiple. If I hadn't bought one for my boyfriend I would have most likely bought myself a second one so I could trade with myself in games anyways, and I know a lot of people who enjoy collecting all sorts of things so I don't see how collecting consoles is any different, albeit probably more expensive than most hobbies. That's like people thinking it's weird to have multiple copies of a game too, I guess the people who saw your comment just hadn't heard of people who collect consoles so I wouldn't care about it too much.

Yeah it was more common here before but yeah I wonder why people still use it. Unless you are actually giving money to someone there directly it's not gonna help sigh and indeed...
Because y'know...
Keyboard Warriors loooove using it

Dude what? Why would it matter to have more than one system? Like sometimes you need more than one depending on what games you play and how you play. If you have the money why not?

They are trolling or jealous. Pay them no mind! ^-^

I mean personally I only have 2 systems. One of them doesn't work properly though which is why I got a second one.

I don't mind people having multiple systems, if anything I'd be extremely jealous :O

They shouldn't be judging you for it, but personally I think owning 1 is enough. Unless maybe you have another use for a second 3DS like for Homebrew or something. You can collect what you want though.

Back