• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Prize Pack Game Introduces New Collectible Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is some people struggle to gain 500 tbt in any situation. If the staff were throwing around that much TBT for free, as a little gift/prize, it'll be unfair to the people who can't even earn that much.

But if there is more TBT given, wouldn't there be more in circulation?... I think if those villager collectibles go for sale, they are probs going to be 100+ TBT and obviously like the mushroom not everyone is going to be able to afford it. Considering for how high things go here I can see the reward being less here, but what about a contest like in the fair? I think 1st place was like 200 or 300 bells. I forgot?.. But since it's something infinite they should give a tiny but more I think. It's a small community anyways, and people just end up giving it away or hoard it to themselves. It's not like every person is getting 1000. I don't see how it would break the economy here.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't villagers only cost like 20TBT now

I bought a villager for 80 yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pls dont kill/bomb me I need to go to sleep.

But if there is more TBT given, wouldn't there be more in circulation?... I think if those villager collectibles go for sale, they are probs going to be 100+ TBT and obviously like the mushroom not everyone is going to be able to afford it. Considering for how high things go here I can see the reward being less here, but what about a contest like in the fair? I think 1st place was like 200 or 300 bells. I forgot?.. But since it's something infinite they should give a tiny but more I think. It's a small community anyways, and people just end up giving it away or hoard it to themselves. It's not like every person is getting 1000. I don't see how it would break the economy here.

There is circulation. People are buying and selling all the time. If people can't afford it, they can work hard for it, something you're not especially promoting. What I'm getting is you just want free things; I understand, everyone wants free things. But there's a point where you need to actually work for the TBT and earn it. The first place was 150, because you had to beat at least 8 people, and only one person would be first place. This current event, everyone would get TBT if they bought a gift. That isn't one person who was talented about won an entire competition. It's everyone who bought something could get TBT. That is completely different. And secondly, I'm very confused and what you're getting at when you say "they end up giving it away or hoarding them to themselves." First of all, giveaways are good, and people who giveaway things are kind. If someone is hoarding, obviously they earned it for themselves, whether investing in the market or not. Both sides have somewhat worked for their TBT and either gave it away or keep it to themselves to spend. You're treating it as if it was almost bad giveaways happen.

And you're proving your point, not everyone gets 1k TBT. So if the prize were somewhat higher, yes the economy would break! Because, you even said it yourself, it is a small community!

i for one an curious as to which characters will be unveiled when y'all solve the gift pack puzzles.

if it were characters then my money would be on Isabelle and KK Slider,
but i guess its gonna be villagers,,,

There is circulation. People are buying and selling all the time. If people can't afford it, they can work hard for it, something you're not especially promoting. What I'm getting is you just want free things; I understand, everyone wants free things. But there's a point where you need to actually work for the TBT and earn it. The first place was 150, because you had to beat at least 8 people, and only one person would be first place. This current event, everyone would get TBT if they bought a gift. That isn't one person who was talented about won an entire competition. It's everyone who bought something could get TBT. That is completely different. And secondly, I'm very confused and what you're getting at when you say "they end up giving it away or hoarding them to themselves." First of all, giveaways are good, and people who giveaway things are kind. If someone is hoarding, obviously they earned it for themselves, whether investing in the market or not. Both sides have somewhat worked for their TBT and either gave it away or keep it to themselves to spend. You're treating it as if it was almost bad giveaways happen.

And you're proving your point, not everyone gets 1k TBT. So if the prize were somewhat higher, yes the economy would break! Because, you even said it yourself, it is a small community!

Giveaways are great! I never said they were bad. I just said that's what ends up happening most of the time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm on my phone so if there is bad grammar blame this stupid keyboard.

Giveaways are great! I never said they were bad. I just said that's what ends up happening most of the time.

You were putting giveaways in a negative light, because before that you said "there is no circulation" or something. The thing is, the TBT that is given away is not generated, it's in the circulation and is circulating! It was part of the circulation before, and it was given away. That's what I was trying to get at.

You were putting giveaways in a negative light, because before that you said "there is no circulation" or something. The thing is, the TBT that is given away is not generated, it's in the circulation and is circulating! It was part of the circulation before, and it was given away. That's what I was trying to get at.

Wait but what about the TBT that the mods give like in contests or this

I get off early tomorrow so I can't wait to see if my prize pack is there!
Thank you staff for the event.

Wait but what about the TBT that the mods give like in contests or this

You never mentioned that, but I think they work for their own TBT and use their own to circulate. I think it was Tina that said they don't generate TBT for themselves, they use the TBT they received while posting. I'm not sure if I quoted that correctly, but they don't generate as much TBT as it seems.

You never mentioned that, but I think they work for their own TBT and use their own to circulate. I think it was Tina that said they don't generate TBT for themselves, they use the TBT they received while posting. I'm not sure if I quoted that correctly, but they don't generate as much TBT as it seems.

If it was their own TBT, I would even be grateful for 1. But I think they can generate it since Jeremy had an absurd amount of tickets...

But it's the same concept so I'm sure he has the power to do so

Just to clarify, only the people who got a prize pack and post their piece will get the bonus bells. I'm sorry if the amount isn't what you think it should be, but hopefully the people who actually receive a prize pack are happy and have fun with it.

But it's the same concept so I'm sure he has the power to do so

You were talking about TBT and arguing about TBT. Tickets has nothing to do with the fact that TBT isn't circulating or isn't that much other than the fact they're currencies. Switching topics to a completely different topic with completely different reasons that it exists has no purpose.

Can I finally go to sleep without 10 people wanting my head on a pitchfork. I'm tired and have algebra for 1st period... -__- In Conclusion, I didn't want things for free I know you have to work for things, trust me keeping A's on my report card isn't an easy task . I'm grateful for the new collectibles, please stop thinking I'm a spoiled brat cause I'm not. Honestly at this point I dont even care if it's 1 just stop wanting my head on a pitchfork. No one likes like 3 people attacking you because of a post u made.. I'm really tired and don't want to continue this. I know there is going to be that 1 person that will continue this or whatever, please don't I'm raising the white flag. Good Night people...

- - - Post Merge - - -

What?... I meant he can probably generate TBT. That was my point of the tickets... Anyways ^

Last edited:
Can I finally go to sleep without 10 people wanting my head on a pitchfork. I'm tired and have algebra for 1st period... -__- In Conclusion, I didn't want things for free I know you have to work for things, trust me keeping A's on my report card isn't an easy task . I'm grateful for the new collectibles, please stop thinking I'm a spoiled brat cause I'm not. Honestly at this point I dont even care if it's 1 just stop wanting my head on a pitchfork. No one likes like 3 people attacking you because of a post u made.. I'm really tired and don't want to continue this. I know there is going to be that 1 person that will continue this or whatever, please don't I'm raising the white flag. Good Night people...

- - - Post Merge - - -

What?... I meant he can probably generate TBT. That was my point of the tickets... Anyways ^

You could've went to sleep the moment you said you wanted to. I wasn't keeping you up, nor did anyone want your head on a pitchfork. The easiest way out was correcting yourself and leaving, but you did neither of it. I don't want to keep this argument, or whatever this is up, it's tiring. But the facts you're bring up and the stuff you're saying either has nothing to do with each other, or doesn't support your claim, which is making me confused.

First, report cards have nothing to do with TBT. Report cards affect your actual life, of course you can't not work to get A's. TBT doesn't affect your life at all, you could just leave and not care. So that doesn't make sense. Again, if you corrected yourself or clarified yourself with actual facts, no one would have "attacked" you.

Lastly, yes, he can generate TBT. All the mods can, where did you get the idea they can't. They don't use TBT that they have generated unless it is for a joke.

Once again, I don't want to continue this anymore, but I just wanted some things to be understood and corrected. And staying up till 1 is not really my, or anyone who's "attacking" you's fault, you could have turned your computer off and left to sleep. But you still continued to respond.

Good night.

Just finished sticking all my stickers to my bookshelf lol I am quite pleased. why is there one cherry that's like absurdly tiny

I'll have to post a pic of my furniture piece sometime tomorrow.

Definitely gonna pick up a jack collectible. Hopefully. He IS my favorite Holiday character in acnl. And omg I hope there's a blathers coming out. My precious bb v.v

Oh my goodness this is SO COOL!!! I can't wait til my prize pack arrives, this is so exciting!

Thanks to all the staff for putting this fabulous event together!

Just to clarify, only the people who got a prize pack and post their piece will get the bonus bells. I'm sorry if the amount isn't what you think it should be, but hopefully the people who actually receive a prize pack are happy and have fun with it.

And to add onto this, the Prize Pack is advertised as a fun physical prize, not a way to earn bells! I'd consider it a bonus there's any more than 0 bells in it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back