• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discussion: Past town names

Used to always name my towns Spira from Final Fantasy X :)

I still quite like that name lol. 10/10 would still use.

My first town name was something like "Seaside", I think. It's from a kinda famous town from where I grew up in Florida. I then had either that name or "Atlantis" or "Southsea" for all other games after that.
I bought ACWW again after years of not playing & I named it "Lorelei" after the story about the mermaid.

In New leaf, I restarted my town like 3 times, though ahha. oops.
First, it was "Plutonia". I wanted a weird/colorful town theme at the time & I looked at my Sailor Pluto poster and just came up with it.
The 2nd town was called "Apliotes". It's after the greek god of the Southeast wind & rain/fruit/flowers, Apeliotes. I thought it was a really pretty word while reading about greek mythology.

My 3rd & current town is "Yarrow", named after the white flower. I wanted something more simple & delicate/calm sounding.

Last edited:
I remember naming my GCN town Calif because we just moved to California that year I first started to play Animal Crossing. I need to find my memory card and start playing again. I'm going to be expecting lots of weeds though!

my first town was in CF back in 2004. my daughter was two and i had let her name it. she just said random letters and it came out to be Antmpo. to us it sounded like 'Antempo" so thats what we called it.

GameCube: I had a ton of towns, but my first was Teeville, and others I've had over the years include Sandburg, Imil (named after a town in the Golden Sun franchise), and a bunch of others.
Wild World: NERV (for Neon Genesis Evangelion)
New Leaf: My first town was Selva (meaning forest in Italian), but I reset it.

Gamecube: Forest (...)
Wild World: Hawaii (. . .)
City Folk: Oakville
New Leaf: Plethora of town names. My first town was called Mapleton I think. My second was called Rohan.

I remember my Wild World town vividly. It was horrible.

Last edited:
Back