• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discussion: Past town names

Always something nature related, mountain, mt.leaf, forest XD

Until New Leaf, all of my towns were named Friendly. I think me and my cousin set down playing the gamecube AC and were like "Hey, maybe if we name it friendly, they'll all be friendly!" and ever since then it was just tradition. In New Leaf mine is R. O. P. because I decided Friendly had lived long enough.

I used to go by Sunville or something then I think I used Monroe like once

and Now I use Hell everytime

nl and ww share the same name of Aspen on gc I resetted often so I don't remember the last I think was something like Mana(fon)

My first WW town was Mooville. Sigh. I was 11 and . . . really liked cows . . .

That's cute! My WW town was my first ever AC town and I named it "Anaville" because I was like 11 or 12 and felt like "animal" had to be somewhere in there... :rolleyes:

I've had countless towns, especially on gc. Most of them I was young for tho

GC: cooltown (main town), AvaBeach (I had a friend named Ava and was obsessed with the Peach Beach track in MK:DD so I fused the names together), petshop, Partytown, Franklin (I went on a mission to create an exact carbon copy of the town in the prima guide, eight year old me was weird), pony

WW: Nowhere, pony, sunshine

CF: muppet, sunshine (muppet was honestly fabulous)

NL: Frapp? (I had a town for a year or two but it was so bad that I tried to erase it from my memory. I don't remember the name at all lmao)

Last edited:
Gosh, I had a bunch. The ones I remember are Nevada (not sure why, I just like the name of the state), Letalica (after personal worldbuildy stuff), Deadeye, Peachpit, Honeypot, Crabtown. The current one I use (and my fave) is simply Peapod. I just think it's cute, I guess!

1st GCN town: Maple. First thing on my mind when naming the town. Didn't realise there was a villager with the same name.

2nd GCN town: Midtown. First thing on my mind when naming the town. This time I made sure it wasn't a villager's name.

e+ town: ホヒンダ (Hohinda). Named after the town from the manga どうぶつの森 ホヒンダ村だより (Dōbutsu no Mori: Hohinda Mura Dayori / Animal Forest: News from Hohinda Village).

City Folk town: Can't remember but when I would buy the game again I will probably name it Eukarya because of my New Leaf town's name.

New Leaf town: Animalia. Named after the kingdom of most animals (from this point onwards, the towns will be named after animal biography).

Hawaii has been my town name in AC: Population Growing, WW and in City Folks X3

Can't remember my first GC one, but my two WW ones (which I still have) are "home" and "nowhere". :p the second one I bought used at a flea market, and just continued on the last person's save. As for the first one, I guess I had high hopes about WW when I named my town!

Oh, I got another GC disc, and started a new town a few days ago. I just called it "Sakura", as that was the first thing that came to mind. I got a villager I have in NL as well (but don't remember encountering in the past)!

with wild world, i had a tendancy to name towns after real life places (florida, ontario, etc). pretty unoriginal, but oh well lmao

ACPG: "town" I think, don't think I really named it I was like 5 and didn't understand
ACWW: Cinnabon or somethin I think
ACCF: Bio Town
ACNL: Araxos was my longest standing town, now it's Snickers

I loved the name of 30 Acres for the GG version. People that know that game will understand.

Doubutsu no Mori (N64): イチゴ (Ichigo)
Animal Crossing: Celidon (misspelling of "Celadon," lol)
Wild World: Yokukau
City Folk: Strix
New Leaf: Ichigo

...seems like I've come full circle, lol.

Back