Discussion: Past town names

I don't remember the name of the town I made on Gamecube, but my New Leaf towns have been called Athene (after a genus of owl), Oolong, and Matcha. I've actually had a lot of iterations of Matcha... I think my current town is the fifth or sixth?

GameCube: Sooo many. I restart my GameCube towns a lot ~

Wild World: My very first Animal Crossing town EVER was called Hawaii. Wish I still had it </3 I also had a town called Heaven

City Folk: I can't remember, probably something similar to my Wild World town names ~

New Leaf: Kokomo, Oz, Maui

My first ever town was called Azura. It is the first and last time I will name anything that reminds me of someone else because now I don't like to be reminded of that person. :mad:

My town right now is called Sanctum and I truly feel like it is mine.

For the GC version, I liked naming my towns after places in Greece. I usually went with Athens and named the character Athena.

For NL, I go with whatever fits the town's theme. Sakura for a cute Japanese town, Oceania for my post-apocalyptic theme (1984), Nekomura for my Japanese cat town, and Wonder for my Alice in Wonderland themed town. I went with Vienna this time, but I don't have a theme to go with it.

Forest has always been my main town name, but I've also used the names Ohio, USA, and Bananas for other towns I've made.

my sister always was the one to name our animal crossing towns, and she thought that we were supposed to name the town after the town we live in.
my acnl town pre-reset was Athens, because I love greek mythology and the percy jackson book series.
my current acnl town is nintendo.
other names i wanted to use but ended up not using include Windfall and Snowbell, after LOZWindWaker's Windfall island and Pokemon XY's Snowbelle city.

I have also been guilty of "Hyrule" :p The only other one I remember is Ivystar!

Last edited:
In WW it was Kyoto and in City Folk I named my town Okinawa :p Right now it's Appleton though. Wanted something different in this game!

I can't remember what I named my towns in previous games because I would constantly restart them, but I do know I named them mostly after Hayap Miyazaki films. I am sure a lot of people have. I think at one point I definitely named my town Totoro lol.

Hmm... which is better?:/
Starbell
Alwind
Prefer Alwind tbh...

My very first animal crossing for gamecube town was named S&M because it was preowned and I had no choice in the name LOL since it wasn't mine. I decided to check it out before deleting it and lived there for a while actually but then I decided I wanted a town that was completely my own.

I have no idea of what I exactly called my very first wild world town, but I'm guessing it was something like "SunCity" or "StarCity" I do remember calling my towns ___city a lot of the time, mostly star city. You can probably see why I eventually moved on since it was way too generic and I wanted to be a little more different. As of now, my current wild world town is called Macaron. I had all of my towns named this up until recently, since I wanted to go for a sweets theme.

My city Folk town was named Gangnam for a long time and then it went through a phrase of being named after planets and then back to Gangnam. I had it like that for a very long time and it kinda dated my town since I named it at a time when I was around 13/14 and gangnam style was a huge craze and I was obsessed with it. As of now, my town is named Milk again i'm not too sure though as I haven't played it in ages.

First new leaf town was again Gangnam because I was thinking so hard about what I should call my new leaf town upon release and prior and I really couldn't think of anything so I just went with Gangnam again. My current town is called Milk though and I like it so much that I don't think i'll change it anytime soon.

If new leaf comes out on the switch, I think i'll be calling my town Milk too. It's just become a trademark to me now.

Last edited:
*sigh* I really didn't want to have to think about my past town names! My younger self was so uncreative >~<
My wild world and my city folk town names were both the exact same (originality on point I know) So what were they? Well I can't write them here but basically they were the name of my hometown. How creative. I didn't know what to name my town when I first got the game and my siblings just said "hey name it ------ so it'll be like you are living here" and I just went with it. When city folk came out I was older of course but apparently not any better at naming so I just kept the old one so I could get into the game as soon as possible.
My Animal crossing: new leaf town name is a bit better at least, it is "Aljale" which is an amalgamation of letters from all of my names. Still not very creative but honestly I was so excited when new leaf came out that I didn't really care and I just put down whatever I thought sounded decent. I've gotten used to it by now so I kind of like it, even if it is a bit clich? and stupid lol!

I don't remember my GameCube village name, since I was about seven when I played it.

Wild World was um... Easter I think? No idea why we named it that.

I forgot my City Folk town name since I didn't play it very often

New Leaf is Solia

my memory is horrible OTL

Tragic Story,
Lost my LE ALBW with a fulled maxxed out ACNL game. So .......... I quit. It was called Kakariko.
I have Italy, Canada, Sarahland, Hyrule on the GC AC game cards, and my current town - and Worst Name but best layout is called Zeldland.

V_V lol....

I've had a lot of towns over the years. I started playing Animal Crossing maybe Christmas 2002 or 2003.

Gamecube/Population Growing - I had two memory cards, one came with the game and the other we bought separately. On the main memory card was a town called Mew (based on the sound cats make); it was my very first town and my favorite villagers lived right next to each other: Bob and Mitzi! My second town, Pokey (based off of the red horse in Gumby), had a ton of apples, and that's about all I remember of it.

Wild World - I had one copy of AC:WW, and I named the town Mew. There seems to be a trend with my town names, that's for sure!

City Folk - One copy, one town. I restarted twice, and both towns were called Mew.

New Leaf - I had two copies at one point. My cartridge had a town named Mew (Mayor Aly). It was a very well developed town; I worked on it from 2013-2016 and had all of my dreamies. The town fruit I recall was the cherry. I had Carmen, Felicity, Rosie, Ankha, Punchy, O'Hare, Maple, Fauna, Stinky and one other that I can't remember. My digital download copy held the town of Pokey (mayor Marie), another perfect town with beautiful PWPs and flowers everywhere, with more of my dreamies, including Tom, Blaire, Purrl, Mitzi, Freckles and Bob.
Now, I have the town of Eureka (mayor Junie), and thanks to Amiibo I have Carmen (waiting on my Punchy Amiibo card); my town fruit is once again cherries! I do not plan to get a second copy of ACNL again so I will just be sticking with developing and growing Eureka!

Last edited:
I was pretty young when WW came out and I started the game up in the car after buying it - when Kapp'n asks you where you're going my 6 year old mind didn't realise that he was talking about the game so I typed in 'home' with no capitalisation or anything and that's what my town is still called 11 years later jfgkjfkf

Back