• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discussion: Past town names

Hanabera & Pololi → Kurage & Osaka → Kurage & Seaside

I've only ever played ACNL but I've had and restarted many games... So far I've had:
Arryire
Lluvia
Salem
Bounty
Valo
and one more that I can't think of, I had barely started it but already erased it for the OYC XD

GC - Our Town

I bought the Nintendo Power guide to Animal Crossing because I was OBSESSED with the game when it first came out. In the guide, they called their town "Our Town" and I thought that was the smartest thing ever, so I copied them lol. 12 years later and I still think that's pretty cute.

City Folk: Smashville

GC: AnimalForest

WW: No idea. I didn't even own wild world. My brother's ex girfriend did.

NL: City Folk/Krypt

Last edited:
GC: city. I THOUGHT THE GAME WAS ASKING WHETHER OR NOT I WANTED T O LIVE IN THE COUNTRY OR CITY

WW: Rainy Hi. I didn't make it??????

CF: Tanemop i wanted an original name

NL: Calimari a mix between callie and marie dklfsfsd

Back when I played WW, I think my town was called Starfall...It was Star something...

My first town back in the GC days was Jerky. Don't ask me why, child me can't answer that. My WW town was Sunshine just like my current ACNL town.

I've only had acnl but i've restarted more times than i can remember haha

In no particular order:
- Citrus
- Lotus
- Melon
- Avalon
- Rimn
- Fayrim

Currently it's Lilrose for whatever reason

I don't even know, man.

Last edited:
Wild World - My House (LOL. I was in 3rd grade, and I thought they meant where I'm going, not a town). I was stuck with that name for 2 years ahaha. Good ol days.
ACNL - Mirotic . This came from a song named Mirotic from DBSK / TVXQ. I thought it just look cool. Not only the town is name is Mirotic, but the town tune has the song as well. haha.

All my town names have been named after locations from World of Warcraft. I've had Duskwood, Northrend, Silverpine and my NL town is Karazhan

Last edited:
I named about 80% of my halfway-finished towns of the past "Sunfield", since I pretty much always want to do bright summer towns... The only few times I chose other names I ended up hating 'em after a few days lol

i've only played WW at a friend's house, second grade, haha.
NL: Schmeldon --> Moonbend

In Wild World I had a really bad habit of restarting all the time (like in New Leaf.) Some of the towns I remember having were:

-japann
-LalaLand
-Forest
-Nowhere
-Kawazu
-Aomori
-Aizu

-Hawaii (it was my 1st time playing AC, didn't know it would become my town name)

-Dongcity

My first WW town was called Nintown. I saw it in the manual and I couldn't come up with a name of my own, so I copied it. I named my first NL town Japan because I was going through a bit of a weeb phase.

I'm stuck w/Butts
I just don't know what else to call it.

Back