Free Newbie Starter Pack Thread: Free TBT & Collectibles, & Helpful Links!

vel

xoxo
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Welcome to the Newbie Starter Pack Thread!

I. Introduction
II. The What, How, and Why
III. "What are TBT and Collectibles?"
IV. Ordering Your Own Free Starter Bundle!
V. People Who Received the Bundle & Current Transactions
VI. Donators, Creators, & Other Acknowledgements
VII. Helpful Links: Guides & Shops
VIII. "I'd like to help!"

UPDATE:

Hi, I'm taking a hiatus for now, since I lost interest and I will be very busy as this month rolls out, so I will not be giving anything for that time frame. None of the things on this will be updated till then, but I hope to come back soon. The end of the year is always the busiest; hope to see you all soon!

Pain will still giving people their orders though, so ask them if you have any questions. :)

WARNING

Before I start anything, I thought I'd like to point something out. I understand there are people that make alts, and there is a chance some people that are using alts to abuse this system. It saddens me to say that might be a possibility, that someone would abuse kindness to get them collectibles. I'd like to point out to those alts that go under the radar: I cannot tell if you are an alt. There is no way for me to successfully point out an alt, because everyone will be treated with the same kindness on here. Even if I am suspicious, I will not show it as I have no proof. But it disappoints me to have to write this on the thread. The final message is, if you are an alt that wanted to abuse the kindness I wanted to share, I am very disappointed. I can't say anything other than I am very disappointed. But to those people who did make alts (which is still against the rules :eye emoji: ), but out of kindness in their hearts they refuse to use their alt to get a collectible, thank you. :)

Introduction

Hello, and welcome! This is the revamped newbie gifting thread! The last one was made by painchri589, and I was given permission to make a new thread with even more helpful features than the last one! Every idea I or someone else comes up with will be ran through with the creator of the idea, but all the plans will be carried out by me once I get an official okay.

This thread is still up-and-coming. The reason behind this thread is helping newbies settle in and make the TBT forums a flourishing place. Of course, this is still a new idea, and things might change around, but we, Pain and I, hope this will continue making a positive effect on TBT.

Last edited:
The What, How, and Why​

"What is this?"

This is a nonprofit little organization based on helping the newbies. We were all newbies once, and the job of the older members, in my eyes, is the help the newbies not be as confused as we once were! This is a chance, after the welcome bells were taken out, for the newbies to immediately get into the world of TBT, collectibles, and even gifts on ACNL! By giving them the free gifts, it will set them off on the right foot with a good experience. There will also be helpful links, which will link to guides, important info, and the answer to many questions on ACNL in general, such as "how do I get a villager to move out quickly?" The goal is to help as many newbies as possible.

"So how does this work?"

The delivery system will be much like this: the person will order, there will be a specific form to fill out. The items will be delivered. It's an easy system, and as long as all the rules are followed, it'll be fine. There will be two bundles, one for ACNL, and one for TBT in general. The system is still a work in progress; since this is new, some things will work out, some things won't, and some rules would have to be rewritten or made. Please bear with us if the system doesn't go as smoothly, as the kinks will be worked out very soon!

"Why does this work?"

The entire delivery system is built off donations. Without donations, this won't work. So we'd need constant donations of ACNL items, collectibles, and TBT to keep this running. The donations will be sent to me, and I will store it safely. All donations of TBT will be in my bank, all of it, as I do not profit out of donations. I post all donators on the acknowledgement post. All collectibles will be stored in my inventory, and all ACNL items will be stored with Pain. Because ACNL items are harder to receive or give, there will be openings where we'd need helpers to store the items and give them. If anyone is interesting on being a helper, please refer to the 8th post! All donators will be featured on the 6th post, because without them this wouldn't be running.

Last edited:
"What are TBT and Collectibles?"​

These are some tips for newbies, so this question won't be repeated over and over again. Of course, if anyone wants to add to the definitions, they are welcome to! I will be taking words from this post. I think Justin does a lot better at explain tbt than I do, so make sure to check out that post if you're still confused!

TBT is virtual currency that you earn through posting, selling, or plain receiving. TBT can be used to buy things, such as villagers, items, or art. TBT can also be used to buy things for other websites and collectibles. This currency is only useful on this website though!

Collectibles are tiny images that are placed underneath avatars. They don't have much use other than looking pretty. A lot of TBT members collect collectibles to make their layout look nice. Some collectibles are rarer, so they cost a lot more than others.

If you have questions or you're confused about something, feel free to ask me or anyone else!

Ordering Your Own Free Starter Bundle!​

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU ORDER!

The two selectable bundles are:

1. One collectible costing below 500 tbt PLUS 50 tbt*.

2. 3 ACNL items* of increasing rarity PLUS 5 million bells. < THIS OPTION IS NOT OPEN YET**

*= the amount will increase once we have constant donations.

**=ACNL items won't be open until we have more helpers that would like to store and deliver acnl items, and acnl item donators!

People who can order:
-People who have joined this month or the month before with less than 300 posts!
-People who haven't joined this month, with less than 300 posts! But 100 TBT is required to buy it. Do not fret, though! Acquiring TBT is quite easy!

Tips on how to earn TBT:
- Post! Post things on threads that will contribute to a conversation. The longer the post, the more bells you earn. However, you have to contribute to a conversation! Not contributing while posting a lot will result in an infraction or a ban if it continues.
- Sell things! Have a lot of things on ACNL or another website that you want to profit from? Then sell them on the correct places! For things on other websites use the TBT Marketplace, if you want to sell on ACNL use Retail!

FORM FOR ORDERING:

Highlight and copy this! Paste it and fill it out to get a bundle.

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Bundle 1 or Bundle 2?:[/B]
[B]Newbie or not?:[/B]
[I]If not a newbie, can you pay immediately?:[/I] (< leave blank if you're new!)
[B]When Can You Receive It?:[/B](< leave blank if you're ordering Bundle 1!)
[B]Extra:[/B]

Q&A:

"I can't pay!"

No problem! That's where payment plans come in. If you can't pay immediately, I offer taking half the payment first, and you receive the bundle, and the second half will be paid the same week. If you can't for some reason, please contact me and we'll work something out!

"I really want one of the collectibles that's being given away."

Pay for it normally with the sales price! That way, we can receive tbt, while you get the collectibles you want.

"I'm confused about this."

PM any questions you have!

Last edited:
People Who Have Received The Bundle, and Current Transactions!​

DatDutchGuy7!
Sauce!
Phoenixfab!
Sweetlamb!
Pooki!
Autumnwolf!
Mayor_Chalky!
Dankity!
BriHope03!
1milk!
Sasy!
Fungi!
Heihei!

None currently!

Last edited:
Acknowledgements​

Creator of Thread: Vel! only i would clap for myself smh
Creator of Idea: painchri589!

Round of Applause to...

10/23:
idfldnsndt donated 2 tbt.. thanks billy [edit] billy donated 9 more tbt, look at the generosity!
maxibear42 donated 200 tbt, 3 pumpkin cupcakes, 1 cherry, and 2 red candies!
universaljellyfish donated 4 yellow candies and 100 tbt!
oviry8 donated 1 red pansy, 1 yellow cosmo, 1 white cosmo, 1 red cosmo, a pear, and a tasty cake!
shayminskies donated 2 tasty cake collectibles, 1 red tulip!
10/24:
shayminskies donated 150 tbt and a white tulip!
10/25:
nicole. donated a cake!
10/28:
senseigallade donated 100 tbt and two tasty cakes!
10/29:
truffle donated 2,016 tbt!
koopa k donated a pear!
11/4:
universaljellyfish donated 100 tbt!
bone baby donated a red candy!

"I want to donate!"

Donators are always welcome! Please always feel free to donate! Collectibles and TBT are always accepted, ACNL items will have to be scheduled. Donations are how this entire thing runs, so please, donations are very welcome.

"Could I donate directly to the creators?"

Wow, how weird that I have placed this under donations! I wonder why the creator of this thread has put this under, this is such a coincidence! But donations to the creators themselves, as in not to this organization, are always welcome as well, just leave a note that it goes to us. If you want to donate to Painchri589, send it to them directly! However, this is not at all required, it's just nice to get a little gift every once in a while. :)

"How do I donate?"

Simply send the donation to me, labeled with the word "donation", and it'll go directly to storage if I'm online. ACNL items, again, will have to be scheduled.

”So do donators get anything other than that?”

I’m working on buying a badge, to show you’ve donated that would be placed on your sig! I will also buy a banner in general, so people can put it on their sig as well. Additionally, people who have received a bundle will be sent the link with a badge, as a thank you!

Last edited:
Helpful Links: Guides & Shops, also known as The Great TBT Directory!​

This will be dedicated to, you guessed it, all the guides and shops! If you have a guide that you think should be placed on here, let me know!

TBT Directory:

About TBT:
Rules & Guidelines
Bell Tree Direct
Frequent Questions
Beginner's Guide to TBT
Signature Guide
P.S. Making a table for your signature is on post #3!
Info Desk+Useful Links
Username Color Key+Full Staff List
How To Send Things To Another User
TBT Discord Guide
Old TBT Acronym Guide (Out of Date, but still worth looking at)
All threads that are sticked to the top are worth reading! Except the Quick, Before The Mods Come *eye emoji*

ACNL Guides:
How To Move Villagers Out Efficiently
How To Move Villagers Fast & Without Messing Up
Cycling Guide
Rock Placement Guide (Not from TBT, but linked from another post on TBT)
Since it's almost Halloween..
Halloween Guide

Collectible Guide:
Sholee's Market Price Guide
Collectible List (May Not Be Updated)

Shop Directory:

ACNL:

Cycling:

Signatures:

Other Websites:
PH Shop, run by Vel :)

"How can I get my shop on the list?"

This shop directory is based on people wanting to have more publicity on their shops! There's always a question floating around- "Where can I get a signature?"- so I want to put it to rest right here, right now.

If you want to have your shop featured on here, ask! It'll be on here until this thread closes down, or your shop closes down. To keep from having one or two day shops, and constant editing, your shop has to be open for a week at most, and continue to sell.

However, some new shops might want some publicity, so I also offer a 10 tbt extra fee to put it on here. A flash sale would be 20 tbt.

Last edited:
"I'd Like To Help!"​

Helpers are always welcome! If you'd like to help, please PM me! I'd like helpers to be very trustworthy, and ready to do their job on the spot. Helpers for TBT and collectible transactions are not needed (since I'm on here all the time aha), but helpers for ACNL storage and transactions are greatly needed and appreciated. Note, if you are newbie and would like to help, you may not be accepted. I say that in fear of people making alts and taking the items.

If you want to be a helper, send me a quick pm. That is how you become a helper! :)

Last edited:
And we’re open! Any questions, or concerns, please PM me! I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

what's sad though is that most newbies barely post/go on here, they stay for like 1 week or 2 and just leave. :(

Back