• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2016 World Series

Which team would you root for?

• Cleveland Indians

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chicago Cubs

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The Championship Series is over. In a few days, the World Series will begin. This year, we have two teams, the Indians and the Cubs. No matter who wins, history will be made as the winning teams wins the World Series in the first time in over 65 years. The Indians last win was in 1948. The Cubs, they had an even longer break since their last win, which was in 1908.

Which team would you root for? Would you root for the Cleveland Indians or the Chicago Cubs?

If I had to root for one of these two teams, it would be the Chicago Cubs. Reason being is that they were performing very well this year as they never won the World Series in a very long time, which is the longest championship drought in history. Let's ignore that Back to the Future 2 almost had it right. I also like the National League teams over American League teams.

If the Cubs actually win, I might cry.

edit: also sorry jav :(

Last edited:
I want the Indians to win. I don't know why, I just like them more than the Cubs for some reason.

I'm rooting for the Cubs because I support Joe Maddon, he's a great manager. But either way, the teams with the two longest droughts in Major League Baseball are playign for all the marbles, so some sad sack franchise is finally gonna win the title, and that's pretty cool.

I am taking this break period, for Game 1, to feel the joy of this matchup.

⚾

It is glorious.

I'm rooting for the Cubs because I support Joe Maddon, he's a great manager. But either way, the teams with the two longest droughts in Major League Baseball are playign for all the marbles, so some sad sack franchise is finally gonna win the title, and that's pretty cool.

The best part is both Theo Epstein and Terry Francona had a hand in ending Boston's drought.

Voting based purely on their names I'm going to go for the Cubs because bears are adorable.

i dont really watch baseball (i kinda forgot it was still a thing) i'll go for the cubs just 'cuz

Last edited:
Cleveland, only because i want to defy thunder we had practice baseball games for phys. ed and i was placed on the cleveland team.

I know, but literally, the Cubs haven't won it in over a century.

The Indians haven't won the World Series a long time either. Last time they won was 1948. So whether the Cubs or Indians win, at least one of the long championship droughts end.

Back