• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When are you too old to go trick or treating?

When are you too old to go trick or treating

• Total voters
im 15 rn and this is the first year im probs not gonna go tbh, maybe ill stay at home or hang out at a friends idk, just not feeling it anymore which is sorta sad lol

I think 13-14. I was never allowed to go (stranger danger and all), but all my friends all stopped at that age. I remember being soo jealous of them!

Never. I kinda stopped a few years ago but I started going out again with my friends last year. We aren't going this year but that's just because we live in a small town where hardly anyone celebrates

You're never too old for trick-or-treating. As long as everyone is having fun and wearing costumes, I'll give candy to a person of any age. I don't trick or treat anymore, but I do reverse trick or treat once in a while. I don't wear a costume but people still appreciate when I bring them candy out of the blue.

Everyone does it here, you go out on Halloween and you see babies to adults, my moms friend goes every year, last year she got so much candy it lasted until like April.

Last edited:
I don't go by myself, my mom goes and watches us (me and my sister), if she didn't come with us I would've never gone.

I stopped going trick-or-treating when I was nine, for strange reasons. But I think 18 is the stable point of when you're too old for it.

tbh i think trick or treating should be left for the kiddies but maybe that's just me.

like if you can buy your own stash of candy then i don't think you should be going out.

I don't really think there is such a thing as too old to trick'or'treat if someone comes to my door I'll give them a piece of candy, I see a lot of teenagers each year and I would rather them be walking around all night with friends getting candy then getting drunk and making bad choices at a party.

I was forced to stop when I was 15 I think. If it were up to me I would have still continued but I'm not allowed to anymore. And people were really judgemental about it, saying I was weird for going at my age and that I was being selfish.

9-10, I would imagine.

I was never allowed to. My parents "didn't believe in it".

11 yrs I think i just find it kinda weird seeing a pretty grown up kid asking for sweets from strangers but it's kinda acceptable for little kids i guess

I'd probably say like 15 or 16, I think it just depends on how comfortable you are with it though. I think that trick or treating is more suitable for little kids (like ages 4-12) with the idea of free candy going to people's doorsteps and all, but when it gets to like the teenage years I think most people start stopping with it. I stopped at 13 years old and even then I wasn't comfortable at all because I didn't feel like I was in with my age group, I was surrounded by 5-10 year olds so I stopped after 13 years. I didn't go with any friends at all either (only my mom) so I was always very awkward with the person at the door, I had a lot of social anxiety (still do) so I hated that. I see it as something fun for kids mainly, not really something for teens as it became very awkward with myself. But hey, if you go out with friends and you enjoy it, by all means! I'm just some loner so I don't know the feeling. Must be fun though

Back