When are you too old to go trick or treating?

When are you too old to go trick or treating

• Total voters
honestly up to like...... ten. i would be really weirded out if someone who was older than like 12 came to us to trick and treat (unless they were going w a younger sibling or something...)
sweden isnt as hyped about hslloween as the us is tbh i think the most h@lloween thing people do is going to hallow33n parties, going trick or treat is much more of a kid thing

Never!
Halloween doesn't have an ending age~
Yeah sure people may find it weird if you're 20 years old walking around gathering candy but who cares? It's fun and will always be fun

Never!
Halloween doesn't have an ending age~
Yeah sure people may find it weird if you're 20 years old walking around gathering candy but who cares? It's fun and will always be fun

What she said. However, it's a shame to knock on a door and the person who answers sees through your costume and won't give you candy because they know you're an adult. And once you hit 18 in Tennessee you can't wear a mask. Not even on Halloween. It becomes illegal at that age and above. I don't know if the same is said for other states and countries.

I stopped when I was 15.

I find I don't care how old you are, but there needs to be a level of effort in costumes. I hate when I get teenagers at my door with just a mask on and nothing else. That's when I feel like they are too old.

i don't think there should really be an age limit, but if you're an older trick-or-treater then you should just make sure to be mindful of/kind to those who are younger than you.

I stopped when I was 15.

I find I don't care how old you are, but there needs to be a level of effort in costumes. I hate when I get teenagers at my door with just a mask on and nothing else. That's when I feel like they are too old.

I was a ceiling fan last Christmas. It was such a good costume that everyone has to stop me and take a second glance. I might be a meme this year. I'm trying harder than I was when I bought my own costumes. It just takes a little imagination.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone's ever too old, but if you're over 18 and feel uncomfortable about it, you can always just buy candy, dress up, and attend Halloween parties or parades. Those are always fun too.

Last edited:
The moment that you feel to old, honestly. It's different for everyone. I remember saying I was going to trick-or-treat until I was 60, but when I turned 12 or 13, I just didn't want to. Not even out of embarrassment, I just didn't think it sounded fun anymore. It may be a little sad, but it's completely natural.

This always depends. I've had groups of grown men come around in fun coordinated outfits and stuff... but a 16 year old in a mask and normal clothes isn't getting any candy from me. As long as you're putting effort into your costume I don't care.

I've never personally been trick or treating, but I'd say around 14. Unless you are accompanying younger children of course!

My grandfather used to say that we were too old for trick or treating and that it was for kids... But then would turn around and say we were kids. Always confusing. I THINK if you have put time into a costume and are forreal, then there should be no age limit. But I do hate seeing the teenagers run around with a backwards cap on and baggy jeans saying their a rapper or something. I think that is what gets under my skin. Actually dress up, and I think you're good to go.

I dunno.. I just stopped doing it at one point I guess when I got older, plus it's not as big here nowadays.. Unless you live in a calm area with houses and not apartments.

Feel free to keep going fast I guess, I mean you could always go with kids to make sure they are safe?

I trick or treated up until junior year of high school??? I'm sure I can still get away with trick or treating cause I look the same but I'm sure most of my friends have outgrown it and rather party for spooky time lol. But hey, I like free candy too.

Last edited:
When you realize you have more fun passing out candy & seeing the kids dressed up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And your Halloween night doesn't end at 8.

Last edited:
My parents wouldn't let me go out once I was in high school which made me so bitter haha. I'd have only been 14? (just recently turned too since my birthday is in October). I got stuck with handing candy to everyone who came to our door and I probably looked like I wanted to murder everyone that stopped by haha.

Back