When are you too old to go trick or treating?

When are you too old to go trick or treating

• Total voters
Not sure of exact age but I'd say when the people handing out candy start to give you weird/mean looks and less candy than the kids. At least that's how it was when I was a teenager. The older I got, the less candy I was given and the more people looked weirdly at me like they were silently judging :p Last time I officially trick-or-treated was last year, 21. I only went because my best friend came with and he was staying with me during Christmas (he came up from colorado and we did a duo costume, him a plague doctor, me a rotting zombie/plague victim). Granted we didn't get to many looks but still it was a bit awkward haha. Ah well we had fun and got free candy soo :p and I did a mini dance and growl jig with another zombie guy who was handing out candy haha

Last edited:
Depends on maturity level but at a certain point as a teenager it gets to be too much. I stopped young because I didn't like Candy that much. But I still like to dress up on Halloween for fun as an adult. Maybe go to a party but I'm getting too old for the party scene as well

I think people being jerks to still-in-high school teenagers about it are annoying. You're still young enough to trick or treat. But once you graduate high school... well, at that point you're too old.

I've been too old for a long time now, so I only get candy by buying some for myself.

12 or 13. I can't stand those 16 year olds who have to weak the devil and scream mask costumes just to harass others. Social people do that.

I stopped when I was 17. its nice to get free candy but I don't even like candy anymore.

Back