• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

I really wanted the AC edition, but I can't justify a second one, so I did the next best thing - decorate!

View attachment 231126

The skin is from an Etsy shop and the joystick covers from Amazon. The skin has a couple of wrinkles and isn't perfectly lined up, but that's my error. I'm okay with it and think it looks adorable. :)

ITS SO PRETTY

I really wanted the AC edition, but I can't justify a second one, so I did the next best thing - decorate!

View attachment 231126

The skin is from an Etsy shop and the joystick covers from Amazon. The skin has a couple of wrinkles and isn't perfectly lined up, but that's my error. I'm okay with it and think it looks adorable. :)

OMG I love it! It's really cute! Perhaps even cuter than the special edition ACNH Switch :)
I think I'll get those cat paw thingies too, they look so adorable! Are they easier to play with?

Aw, thanks!

Nougat, the covers are easy to play with. The paws are raised, so there's a texture to them. Your thumbs won't slide.

Just found out on twitter that Nintendo will release a coral pink Nintendo Switch Lite. Comes out in Japan on March 23th, NA gets it in April 3rd, still no date for Europe (why am I not surprised about this).

Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1229767790510432262

Lovely color actually. Kinda wished they would have released it back then along with the other colors, meh.

I’m now up to four Switch games owned, those being (chronologically from first to last) Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokemon Sword, and Animal Crossing New Horizons (digital). Now I’m just missing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but to be honest I probably won’t be purchasing that for awhile yet because I’ll still be busy playing the games I already have. Beyond those five I’m not really interested in any other Switch games besides maybe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX Rescue Team :p

Last edited:
My Joy con drift developed a few weeks ago and has been drastically getting worse. There are times where my character will RUN in game without me touching the stick. I'm going to send them in for repairs soon. I really want to finish my furniture catalog and start July so I get get the mermaid furniture before I send them off though. I reset my island and I've been playing through from March 20th again, when I originally got the game.

Last edited:
I want to buy a game this spring but I don't know wich one I should get.
Should I get Xenoblade? I have the Wii original version and the limited edition of Xenoblade 2. I should buy Torna, maybe...

Joy Con Repair
TLDR; Joy Con repairs are free in the US and turn around times are less than during the holidays.

Not sure how useful this will be to others but I thought I should share my experience getting my Joy cons repaired.

During the holiday season, people were reporting a 2 to 3 week return time for their repairs, longer if it included the Switch console.

My Switch is out of warranty and I bought the Joy Cons in another country as the original Joy Cons that came with my system also developed drift. Recently, Nintendo has changed it's policy on Joy Con repairs and they're now free (in the U.S., at least. I'm not sure about other countries). This was possibly in response to a class-action lawsuit against Nintendo for the Joy Con drift problem.

My left Joystick was experiencing severe drift and the lock on the back was broken so it could slide in and out of place without much force. Both Joy Cons were loose. I applied for a repair on the service website on January 5th and got a ticket and free shipping label almost immediately. I shipped it out the next day at UPS and paid for the envelope but if you come with your own box/envelope they'll accept that. After a couple days, UPS tracking stated that the package was delivered. On the Nintendo Service status update website, it still said, "Due In." However, they stated that it's possible they received the package but have yet to update their website to "Received" and to just check the UPS tracking to see if it had been delivered. On January 11th, they stated they received my package and on January 12th, they sent a message saying they had been repaired and were on their way back to me. The repair was completely free, including free shipping both ways. I expect the package to return sometime this week. If it comes before the 19th, it took less than 2 weeks which indicates a faster repair time than those reported during the holidays. I will update when I receive them on the total time and condition of the Joy Cons.

Last edited:
Joy Con Repair
TLDR; Joy Con repairs are free in the US and turn around times are less than during the holidays.

Not sure how useful this will be to others but I thought I should share my experience getting my Joy cons repaired.

During the holiday season, people were reporting a 2 to 3 week return time for their repairs, longer if it included the Switch console.

My Switch is out of warranty and I bought the Joy Cons in another country as the original Joy Cons that came with my system also developed drift. Recently, Nintendo has changed it's policy on Joy Con repairs and they're now free (in the U.S., at least. I'm not sure about other countries). This was possibly in response to a class-action lawsuit against Nintendo for the Joy Con drift problem.

My left Joystick was experiencing severe drift and the lock on the back was broken so it could slide in and out of place without much force. Both Joy Cons were loose. I applied for a repair on the service website on January 5th and got a ticket and free shipping label almost immediately. I shipped it out the next day at UPS and paid for the envelope but if you come with your own box/envelope they'll accept that. After a couple days, UPS tracking stated that the package was delivered. On the Nintendo Service status update website, it still said, "Due In." However, they stated that it's possible they received the package but have yet to update their website to "Received" and to just check the UPS tracking to see if it had been delivered. On January 11th, they stated they received my package and on January 12th, they sent a message saying they had been repaired and were on their way back to me. The repair was completely free, including free shipping both ways. I expect the package to return sometime this week. If it comes before the 19th, it took less than 2 weeks which indicates a faster repair time than those reported during the holidays. I will update when I receive them on the total time and condition of the Joy Cons.

So an update: I got my controllers back which means the time it took from shipping to getting them back was 1 week. Actually, they sent me new controllers, I think because my Joy Cons had too many issues. I know because the numbers are different and there was an issue where I could hear a springy sound on my left Joy Con which I didn't report or ask to get fixed and it's gone.

I'm really surprised that Nintendo hasn't capitalized more on joycon variations. Aside from a few color combinations and some limited editions, they're honestly missing the boat with things like translucent colors, or retro editions. If they were putting out joycons in colors like "ice blue"...or special sets to mimic the look of past consoles, they would be making a fortune off that. I already own three pairs of joycons, and I would push people out of the way to buy something like that. You could put out entire joycon lines in the colors of N64 and Gameboy Color. Aside from things like the Animal Crossing edition and Mario edition, we haven't seen too much of this. You'd expect to see jungle green, ice blue, grape, gold, silver, etc. It's kind of disappointing for such a customizable system.

I'm really surprised that Nintendo hasn't capitalized more on joycon variations. Aside from a few color combinations and some limited editions, they're honestly missing the boat with things like translucent colors, or retro editions. If they were putting out joycons in colors like "ice blue"...or special sets to mimic the look of past consoles, they would be making a fortune off that. I already own three pairs of joycons, and I would push people out of the way to buy something like that. You could put out entire joycon lines in the colors of N64 and Gameboy Color. Aside from things like the Animal Crossing edition and Mario edition, we haven't seen too much of this. You'd expect to see jungle green, ice blue, grape, gold, silver, etc. It's kind of disappointing for such a customizable system.

I wish the AC and the up coming Mario Joycons could be sold as there own... also wish we got more pro controller colors also like white and such also

I know there's 3rd parties ones, but some of them lack rumble and look kinda ugly in my opinion

Hi~
I pre-ordered a switch for next month; 26 of march. I was wondering, if you pre order do you get it delivered to you faster? I haven't brought a new consol in years, so I don't really know how it works.
Thank you for any help~! Sorry if this wasn't the best place to ask!

Hi~
I pre-ordered a switch for next month; 26 of march. I was wondering, if you pre order do you get it delivered to you faster? I haven't brought a new consol in years, so I don't really know how it works.
Thank you for any help~! Sorry if this wasn't the best place to ask!

Pre-ordering generally pertains to something that hasn't been released yet. What you probably did was "back-order" a Switch. If the console is sold out due to high demand or stocking issues, then you can back-order one to try to get one when it becomes available. So...that is going to depend on where you ordered from, and whether or not they actually get the stock that they are offering. If you ordered from a place like Amazon...then it will probably be delivered to you on the date they gave (although, it is not entirely out of the question for them to have lied about their stock). I've seen people order things with Amazon and have their orders cancelled for no reason. In short...you should probably have the Switch delivered to you by the 26th. It's not likely that you will get it before that. If you want it before that, you'd be better off checking physical stores in your area.

Pre-ordering generally pertains to something that hasn't been released yet. What you probably did was "back-order" a Switch. If the console is sold out due to high demand or stocking issues, then you can back-order one to try to get one when it becomes available. So...that is going to depend on where you ordered from, and whether or not they actually get the stock that they are offering. If you ordered from a place like Amazon...then it will probably be delivered to you on the date they gave (although, it is not entirely out of the question for them to have lied about their stock). I've seen people order things with Amazon and have their orders cancelled for no reason. In short...you should probably have the Switch delivered to you by the 26th. It's not likely that you will get it before that. If you want it before that, you'd be better off checking physical stores in your area.

Thank you for answering~
I actually brought it while it was still in stock (haven't checked if its still in stock or not) but since i didn't have any stores in my local area I got it from amazon nintendos account (used to have a game store 40 mins away and that was the closes one, but they closed), but I don't need to wait too long now!

For those who didn't know, Nintendo 1st party games have been on sale this week at pretty much every major retailer because of Mar10 Day. I picked up a bunch of games and a pro controller. I've owned a Switch for about a year now and all I've had all this time is ACNH and the default joycons. Gonna be a nice upgrade!

Gonna pick up a Switch Lite later this month to play on my way to work. Thinking of getting this sleek grey Lite with maybe Mariokart 8? Need something that I can quickly play and put away, and I loved Mariokart DS as a kid. Sakuna is also on my radar but my backlog needs whittling down. New Horizons too but my NL town still needs a lot of work lol

Back