• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

I am SOOOO EXCITED AND CANNOT WAIT FOR MARCH TO COME! Man, I'm so happy and relieved it's portable since I take my DS EVERYWHERE

I feel like the Switch could easily just be a handheld and nothing else tbh, but I guess looks pretty cool. I just wonder how powerful it will be and what the price will be tho,

This looks really interesting. Can't wait to see more about it and some of the games for it.
If I'm correct, it looks like it'll play some Wii U games?

I'm not convinced it could play Wii U games, unless Nintendo proves otherwise. Nintendo Switch is shown to support game cards, rather than using discs. It's also worth noting that the Mario Kart and Splatoon game looks like they're ported from Wii U with minor additions.

I'm glad this is coming out, mostly because the wii u will be cheaper then I can give my mom the wii to watch Netflix on lol

Looks alright I guess.

I don't like the name. Wouldn't have minded if they stuck with NX.

It's a new console that plays games. I dunno what else to say about it as a console until games start coming out. It's Nintendo, I'll own it at some point for the Nintendo games alone.

The portable part looks good from the fact that I'll no longer feel with certain games that "I would rather this was a home console release" since it will be developed as both. It will hopefully also stop Nintendo from releasing a handheld/second version of games 6 months later with added exclusive content..

On the other hand, I dislike that it doesn't have the clam shell design. I like the clam shell for if any reason it helps to protect the screen without the need of a bunch of other accessories. Obviously it's bigger too, so I won't be able to just pop it in my pocket like a 3DS. Seems like the death of the touchscreen as well, or at least I didn't notice anybody in the trailer doing so. Say what you will, the touchscreen could be pretty convenient at times.

This is likely going to be their only handheld device on the market, so to me it's a bit of a shame that it stops being something I'll take literally everywhere with me like the 3DS due to simply being less portable. It's more of a thing where a friend will have to say beforehand "bring your NX" so I know to put it in it's special carry case it needs due to lack of clam shell and toss it in a backpack I wouldn't have taken otherwise because it won't fit in any of my pockets.

Whether I'll buy it is a yes. When I buy it, I dunno. Whilst I don't usually buy consoles on launch my birthday is the month before, so I should have extra disposable cash, so if the price is okay and it has a solid lineup I'll consider it. Otherwise I'll probably wait a year or two like with everything else.

This looks really interesting. Can't wait to see more about it and some of the games for it.
If I'm correct, it looks like it'll play some Wii U games?

They're likely just ports of Wii U games, so, you'll have to buy them again.

It's takes cartridges, so adding a disc drives for backwards compatibility would do nothing but crank up the price.

Last edited:
Capture.jpg

MARIO KART 8 DLC PACK 3!! KING BOO!!

Am I the only one who is not blown away by this?

i'm not incredibly excited about this, which is a shame. i hope they don't drop 3ds support but that looks inevitable. i guess i'll just wait until i see what games are coming out for this and decide if it's worth spending x amount of money on

It is such a neat concept! Though, the only way I'll be buying is if there is a good Animal Crossing game on it. Otherwise I have no interest. ^^;

Edit: I don't like the name. I think NX sounded cooler but eh.

Last edited:
Is the screen touch sensitive? If so I can see them being able to port a lot of games.

Am I the only one who is not blown away by this?

Same here, I mean it probably will be overpriced and.. well let's hope they make some nice games to it and don't blow like with U. Only good thing it's not a handheld at least.

Same here, I mean it probably will be overpriced and.. well let's hope they make some nice games to it and don't blow like with U. Only good thing it's not a handheld at least.

Yeah, for a moment there I thought this would be the successor to both the WiiU and 3DS. It looks to big for a handheld.

Just noticed Konami on the list of devs/publishers.

What the *expletive* is Konami doing there?
They've moved onto mainly doing pachinko machines, and they are in the process of killing the 2 game franchises they have left (Silent Hill and Metal Gear).

Capcom still has Street Fighter (it's already killed everything else it had, RIP Mega Man).
Square-Enix + Tokyo RPG Factory makes sense and is GREAT, means the Switch will have some decent RPGs.
Platinum Games....Bayonetta 3 confirmed?! Granted I still haven't finished Bayonetta 2, so I have no idea if they left it open for another sequel.
505 Games pretty much confirms a Switch port of Terraria.
Marvelous might confirms Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons entries. I hope they make a new mainline Animal Crossing.
TT Games confirms LEGO games, which have been pretty common for Nintendo systems the past decade or so.

I AM SO EXCITED THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC

Definitely not what I was expecting based on the speculations, and the name change. I think the concept is clever. But the controllers seem easily misplaced. I saw the guy on the airplane playing it without it attached to the screen which is nice but seemed uncomfortable to hold imo. I hope there will be animal crossing on it, otherwise I may not bother to buy it honestly. Game titles so far look good.
The screen looks like a decent size but im not sure if its ideal for portability. Its definitely much nicer than the wii u game pad design though. Cartridges look awesome too :D

Before the new Smash Bros came out, my brother would play Brawl with the Wiimote Plus and the nunchuck and he said it was pretty comfortable, so it might be the case here.

I'm personally pretty excited for it. There's so much to take in here!

Aside from it being a hybrid, it looks like it takes cartridges, huge plus. I was excited when I saw that rumor.

I think that was Skyrim being played on it? Not sure, never played that game myself to confirm.

New Mario game?

MK8 on the go?

Splatoon for it, with pants options and custom hair...tacles..? What do I refer to those as?

Smaller controller unless you're using the tablet option, which is fine by me.

Breath of the wild was a given. I was waiting to see if I"d like this thing before deciding if I was going to buy it but so far it looks like it's going to be a yes.

Before the new Smash Bros came out, my brother would play Brawl with the Wiimote Plus and the nunchuck and he said it was pretty comfortable, so it might be the case here.

I'm personally pretty excited for it. There's so much to take in here!

Aside from it being a hybrid, it looks like it takes cartridges, huge plus. I was excited when I saw that rumor.

I think that was Skyrim being played on it? Not sure, never played that game myself to confirm.

New Mario game?

MK8 on the go?

Splatoon for it, with pants options and custom hair...tacles..? What do I refer to those as?

Smaller controller unless you're using the tablet option, which is fine by me.

Breath of the wild was a given. I was waiting to see if I"d like this thing before deciding if I was going to buy it but so far it looks like it's going to be a yes.

Yes that was Skyrim! I've never played it either but I've seen it and that's definitely it! Nintendo is on fire right now! Sun and Moon's release coming in less than a month, the mobile Mario and supposedly animal crossing game, and now the Nintendo Switch?? It's going to be AWESOME!

Back