• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

I?m super selective when choosing Switch games, I don?t buy games on a whim as much as I did on the 3DS. I?m really satisfied with my Switch game library already, and there?s still so many games I still want to try, or waiting to be announced/released. Too many amazing games on Switch, I can?t keep up :mad:

I’m super selective when choosing Switch games, I don’t buy games on a whim as much as I did on the 3DS. I’m really satisfied with my Switch game library already, and there’s still so many games I still want to try, or waiting to be announced/released. Too many amazing games on Switch, I can’t keep up :mad:

I'm the very same. It takes a lot of thought before I buy a Switch game. I've had my Switch since last October. I only have one Switch game and that's Let's Go Pikachu. There are many games that I do want, however, but they're still so high in price for me to consider at the moment. I'm definitely getting Pokemon Sword/Shield (pre-ordered the dual pack) and New Horizons (also pre-ordered). I'd like to try more games - I should probably check the e-Shop for demos.

.,?!

Last edited:
I just recently bought a Switch within the past two weeks. I bought for the sole purpose of playing Pokemon Sword (and AC:NH but that's not out for months). It's pretty good so far, but I'm not sure what other games I should buy.

I just recently bought a Switch within the past two weeks. I bought for the sole purpose of playing Pokemon Sword (and AC:NH but that's not out for months). It's pretty good so far, but I'm not sure what other games I should buy.

- Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Link's Awakening
- Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

These are all games I played on my Switch this year and really enjoyed. Breath of the Wild was a multiplatform release on Wii U, and Donkey Kong is a Wii U port. If you pay for online, the SNES collection is off to a good start, but I'm hoping it gets a lot more soon.
One game I've heard is great, but I have not played yet, is Luigi's Mansion 3.

Last edited:
I recently got the new revised (red box) Switch. I had the original one since a couple months after launch. The extended battery life is super good especially as I'm more of a handheld gamer and my old one felt like it was always dying on me.

I definitely wouldn't suggest upgrading to it from the old one though unless you have a special circumstance like I did. My boyfriend wanted to get a Switch for his birthday so we split the cost on one and I gave him my old one. He plays on the tv all of the time which is the opposite of me so the battery life didn't matter to him.

I recently got the new revised (red box) Switch. I had the original one since a couple months after launch. The extended battery life is super good especially as I'm more of a handheld gamer and my old one felt like it was always dying on me.

I definitely wouldn't suggest upgrading to it from the old one though unless you have a special circumstance like I did. My boyfriend wanted to get a Switch for his birthday so we split the cost on one and I gave him my old one. He plays on the tv all of the time which is the opposite of me so the battery life didn't matter to him.

I'm pretty much going to be doing the same.

I have an original Switch and play it mostly handheld, usually whilst waiting in the car for something or whilst my girlfriend is playing something else on the TV. Usually I massively prefer to play on a TV, but it's just worked out that I end up using it handheld 95% of the time...But the battery life is just pure crap. I've never been playing my Switch and thought "that's enough of that for today", I'm usually just forced to stop playing because it's going to die again.

She likes Animal Crossing though and doesn't have a Switch, so I'm going to upgrade closer to release, hopefully reduce the chance of accidentally getting another crappy original Switch, and give her my old one since she's much happier playing on TV anyway. I could arguably just get a Lite, but I like the option of playing on TV even if I don't use it much...Plus, I don't trust those integrated joycons.

I got recently got a Switch (along with Pok?mon Sword), and I love it so far!
Now I just have to sit pretty and wait for AC:NH.

I'm pretty much waiting to see if a New Horizons SE is released. I'm pretty sure well see either/or the full switch or lite. I'd be happy with either. Fingers crossed!

Just started my free trial for Nintendo Online for Pok?mon Sword and it's pretty cool that you can "buy" it via store credit even if it wouldn't cover the automatic renewal (which you can cancel immediately anyway).

Can't wait to complete my Dex and get wrecked in Mario Kart.

Just started my free trial for Nintendo Online for Pok?mon Sword and it's pretty cool that you can "buy" it via store credit even if it wouldn't cover the automatic renewal (which you can cancel immediately anyway).

I was confused when I had to enter my card details but it seemed to take my online subscription fee out of my eshop credits, which I recently topped up to buy a game... so that was kind of annoying that I'm short of credits again.

This made me laugh xDDD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also in terms of upgrading, is there a way to upgrade the battery in an older console? The one I got was purchased back in April (though I don't have a receipt since it was a gift) and I hate that the battery life is short. It's not too big of a problem since I generally prefer to play it on the tv, but sometimes I have to play handheld (the tv in my bedroom does not have an HDMI input).

Also in terms of upgrading, is there a way to upgrade the battery in an older console? The one I got was purchased back in April (though I don't have a receipt since it was a gift) and I hate that the battery life is short. It's not too big of a problem since I generally prefer to play it on the tv, but sometimes I have to play handheld (the tv in my bedroom does not have an HDMI input).

Unless you disassemble your Switch and replace the battery with a more efficient one, then no.

I've had the older switch model for exactly two years now. While watching TV, I play in tabletop mode with a Hori stand, so I can play and charge my Switch at the same time. I also plug in my Switch while playing in handheld mode.

Last edited:
I really like the nintendo dwitch seeing as it pratically works anywher and you can play it with your family and friends if you get multiple controllers and i really like how you can choose from a variety of colours so i guess thats nice its really popular though considering that it is the christmas season . I think that the price is high but it is fair because multiple people can play it at once .

I'm loving how fast you can switch it from handheld to console version. It runs nice and smooth!

My bf got me the purple and orange joycons for Christmas and the box doesn't do the colours justice. They look far better and brighter in person!

Last edited:
I'm trying to find the most cost effective way of getting a switch.
I was considering the switch lite, being limited to handheld is a bit of a bummer but I like to take my games around with me so its compact size is fine.
Does anyone have experience with both the switch and switch lite, and which do you prefer? Should I just save a bit for the original switch?
Also on ebay they sell the switch in parts (like just the tablet, just the controllers, etc) and it seems a bit cheaper. Anyone have experience with that? Even considered getting one with a scratched screen.

I was considering the switch lite, being limited to handheld is a bit of a bummer but I like to take my games around with me so its compact size is fine.
Does anyone have experience with both the switch and switch lite, and which do you prefer? Should I just save a bit for the original switch?
Also on ebay they sell the switch in parts (like just the tablet, just the controllers, etc) and it seems a bit cheaper. Anyone have experience with that? Even considered getting one with a scratched screen.

Yeah, it is cheaper. Like in all other cases, in this one you pay less, but waste your time on putting it all together. People which buys all-in-one stuff are just lazy, I think.

I got mine on credit/finance, which just means you get the "thing" you want straight away and pay it off in monthly instalments. I didn't have to, I just had absolutely no credit score and wanted to build it (helps with that), but it's a decent enough option if paying all at once is less doable and you would rather have a brand new item.

Yeah, it is cheaper. Like in all other cases, in this one you pay less, but waste your time on putting it all together. People which buys all-in-one stuff are just lazy, I think.

...But you have to put the Switch together regardless.

I'm also willing to bet you buy most of your stuff "all-in-one" too given the vast majority of things aren't sold as individual parts.

I guess just my mini Switch Lite review;

I've had my Switch Lite for just over a month now, I was lucky enough to have it gifted to me for Christmas. The past month I haven't actually played on it though as I've been so busy I haven't had the time to. However, from when I have played it, I can honestly say it's defo the console for me. The inability to connect to the TV isn't so much of a problem for me and for someone that's always on the go, its not too hefty to shove in my bag and carry around either. It basically is just your typical handheld console in that respect. Its a great size; the screen is neither too big or too small, and the turquoise colour is just stunning against the white buttons. I love the smooth feel it has, it just makes the gaming experience a lot more comfortable and it doesn't attract as many fingerprints as it does with the Switch I've noticed. The only let down I can think of is not being able to play joy-con games such as Super Mario Party.

So far, I've had no faults with it and I look forward to playing it more when ACNH releases!

I really wanted the AC edition, but I can't justify a second one, so I did the next best thing - decorate!

20200213_155409.jpg

The skin is from an Etsy shop and the joystick covers from Amazon. The skin has a couple of wrinkles and isn't perfectly lined up, but that's my error. I'm okay with it and think it looks adorable. :)

Back