Nintendo Switch General Discussion

I've got some more rumors about Switch. Here they are:

• Switch will have 4GB of RAM on retail units, which is basically the double of what Wii U had
  • The standard capacity of retail Switch Game Card is around 16GB, at least during the launch year of Switch
  • Switch supports microSD Card of up to 128GB
  • No external USB drives support on the dock unit
  • A Switch prototype is powered by the versatile USB-C, and its port is located at the bottom of the hardware, therefore no charging the battery while using the system's kickstand
  • Switch's 720p screen is 6.2 inches and is equipped with capacitative touchscreen
  • While the system docked, the top part of the tablet acts like the Wii/Wii U Sensor Bar, which allows the IR pointer from both Joy-Cons to emulate the capacitative touchscreen experience
  • There won't be a handheld-only Switch at launch

Sources:

Last edited:
  • There won't be a handheld-only Switch at launch

What do you mean by this? That every Switch comes with a dock?

I'm interested to know about the contents of the box. Like, will there be a separate controller, are they bought separately, or what?

By the way, if you think you could write a fair amount (500+ words, well-written) about The Switch, contact me privately and there may be a reward for you. ;)

What happened to the 'Nintendo MH' rumor? Earlier this year it was rumoured there would be a new handheld under the codename 'MH'.

We've got more details about where and when to watch the Nintendo Switch Presentation.

The broadcast will take place on the main Switch page from the official Nintendo website, starting at January 12th 2017 at 11PM EST (8 PM PST / 5 AM CET / 1 PM JST).

Whew, we're less than a month away from its even bigger reveal. Can't wait dropping my hard-earned cash on a Switch preorder!

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-switch-details-set-for-11-pm-est-on-january-12/

Not only im happy for Switch news are getting closer, but the fact that it will be the first important Nintendo Direct i will see live (because when other directs happened i couldn't see them because i was at school) makes me feel great :')

I hope the Switch capacity is bigger than Wii U (white wii u had only 1 GB free ._.) . I also hope they announce Splatoon 2 and other games there :D!

I really want 2017 to come D':

I'm really curious about the battery life. Has anyone heard any rumors/info about it? And maybe about how to charge it? I really hope it won't be able to charge in the dock only...

(sorry if my english isn't correct, it's my second language)

I really want to hear Mario Kart Switch news. I hope Toadette, the rest of the DLC, Diddy Kong, some new characters (Like Nabbit and Sprixie with all colors, not just green) are in. I really hope Riverside Park and Toad's Factory comes back. How about a new item like Nabbit's sack? You can throw or drop the item like you would with a banana peel. And when someone runs over it, they get sucked in for a second, stopping the kart. If they are holding an item, the person that placed the item on the track steals the person's item that they got sucked in by the sack. If they want to bring back the boo item, replace it with this plz.

Whoa! Sorry, i'm just a Mario Kart fanatic. :blush:

I really want to hear Mario Kart Switch news. I hope Toadette, the rest of the DLC, Diddy Kong, some new characters (Like Nabbit and Sprixie with all colors, not just green) are in. I really hope Riverside Park and Toad's Factory comes back. How about a new item like Nabbit's sack? You can throw or drop the item like you would with a banana peel. And when someone runs over it, they get sucked in for a second, stopping the kart. If they are holding an item, the person that placed the item on the track steals the person's item that they got sucked in by the sack. If they want to bring back the boo item, replace it with this plz.

Whoa! Sorry, i'm just a Mario Kart fanatic. :blush:

yES PLZ , I NEED DIDDY KONG BACK ;A;

I also want Bowser JR. and Birdo to be back :'c Also , Toad Factory as retro course sounds really good! :D

Can't believe we're already a week away from the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017! Shame that I might not be able to watch the presentation, because we would be on a short trip the same day.

I've also found the North American YouTube live broadcast, where you can watch the entire Switch presentation starting on January 12th at 11PM EST.

omg! because of the ac update and real life stuff I totally forgot about it I'm so... unhyped -_- (for some reason I'm more worried than excited now)

Last edited:
i'M SO HYPED ADIOAHABFIAJDIODBIUAJS

i just wish it didn't start at 4am for me ;-; i really wanted to watch it live so i wouldn't have to stay off everything to avoid spoilers D:

Nintendo Switch news tomorrow!! I'm looking forward to seeing what games they have planned besides the rehashed ones already talked about.

Luigi's Mansion GC
Super Mario Sunshine GC
Animal Crossing GC
Super Smash Bros Melee GC

Don't overhype guys (too late), it is not going to be the most amazing thing in the world.

Don't overhype guys (too late), it is not going to be the most amazing thing in the world.
It will be once I see Mario Kart 8. Toad's Factory, DK Summit, Sunset Wilds, Riverside Park, Mushroom City, Yoshi Desert, Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road here I come! (I hope!)

It will be once I see Mario Kart 8. Toad's Factory, DK Summit, Sunset Wilds, Riverside Park, Mushroom City, Yoshi Desert, Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road here I come! (I hope!)

I NEED GCN WARIO COLLUSEUM, DK MOUNTAIN AND DK SNOWBOARD CROSS! (Think thats the same as Dk Summet?)

I need a Virtual Console MK Double Dash!! Unless they release a DD mode on the new MK!

Back