• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

meh
-paid online service MY ASS
-price tag of $300usd will be like $400 aud at least
-coloured controller things look tacky af
-mostly meh games, im only really excited for splatoon and fe:warriors tbh
-arms is such a lame new IP

i had too much expectations going into this, at least a smash hint or any recognition of the fe/ac apps would've been nice

edit: tis gonna be $469 here ahaha fml

Last edited:
I'll have to wait longer before thinking about purchasing it, I honestly am hyped because portable skyrim but I am not willing to spend 300 on a skyrim machine, hopefully there will be some new games closer to when it comes out so I can decide if I for sure want it or not.

meh
-paid online service MY ASS
-price tag of $300usd will be like $400 aud at least
-coloured controller things look tacky af
-mostly meh games, im only really excited for splatoon and fe:warriors tbh
-arms is such a lame new IP

i had too much expectations going into this, at least a smash hint or any recognition of the fe/ac apps would've been nice

edit: tis gonna be $469 here ahaha fml

$469?? I only set aside $400! How am I supposed to buy games?? Agh when I saw $300 usd I was like 'oh good that'll be like $340' -_- I think I need to work on my currency converting skills.

I agree, the coloured controllers look really silly. The red one especially, but I assume they'll release more colours later on, like with the DS.

I'm not really excited about any of the games, to be honest. I'll only get it when (if?) AC is announced, and of course I'll buy more games then, like Mario and such. Although the Zelda trailer looked tempting... It's funny because I've been following this console for a looongg time and I'll do daily searches for more news, when I'm not even a "gamer" or anything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO omg a single Joy-Con controller is $49.99! (I think the article I'm reading is from the US, so probably more in other countries)

I just died... The docks by themselves are $90, if you want to bring it to a different living room or something. I expected that, but $50 for a tiny bit of plastic? Smh. I wonder how much the pro controllers will be!

If anything, I don't like the paid online subscription but seeing PS4 has them, it's just matter of time and getting used to, I guess as long as they minimize the sudden disconnection and errors (it's not like I keep getting these type of messages while playing anyway, but whatever).

The colored blue and red controller looks awkward on the gray console/dock. They could've made a limited edition BOTW bundle with specially-designed joycons, but it's good that these controllers are available to buy separately.

I just died... The docks by themselves are $90, if you want to bring it to a different living room or something. I expected that, but $50 for a tiny bit of plastic?

fyi I'm 100% positive there's actual guts in that plastic

you're not just paying for a shell

Hopefully a few hours later in nintendo treehouse more games will be reveal

Graphics on splatoon 2 is bad btw ...

- - - Post Merge - - -

BOTW looks great. SMO looks great too.

$300 is not bad.

I don't play Splatoon or Xenoblade so no thoughts on those.

Fire Emblem Warriors... I need more info!

Should be like zelda hyrule warriors, a hack and slash game ...

Disappointed for me ...

Last edited:
paid online subscription is bs, it's the one reason i never had an xbox. i already pay for internet, and u want to charge me to take my console online??

all the 3rd party devs sounded like they dont even have a dev kit yet.. ^^;
(also the EA guy "my sons middle name is luigi" - whyyyyy)

Last edited:
All I can say is, Mario Odyssey is a definite buy, the paid online is a little unusual for Nintendo, but hoping they include free monthly games like PS4/XBone do.

BUT THE REVIVAL OF BOMBERMAN MAKES HYO A HAPPY MAN.

Additionally, the Rayman Legends and SSF2 HD ports are a little...Dated? Dunno why they're porting them both to the switch <:^l

Last edited:
.. but hoping they include free monthly games like PS4/XBone do.
if I understand correctly, you'll get to download 1 nes or snes game a month, that you can only play for 1 month and can't keep. so not great..

Last edited:
if I understand correctly, you'll get to download 1 nes or snes game a month, that you can only play for 1 month and can't keep. so not great..
This has never been the case with PS4/XBone, the games you download during that month are yours until your subscription is over, if Nintendo don't follow that, it'd be the worst kind of subscription service.

ODYSSEY

This is gonna be the best game ever omllllll

Last edited:
I do want Breath of the Wild, but I'm just going to buy the Wii U version. I still am undecided if I even want to buy the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey looks great, but I don't buy consoles for only 1 game.

And I'm not buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe either, since I have the original. At least, not unless I can find it on sale or marked down for super cheap. But because Nintendo games don't really go on sale much, that probably isn't going to happen.

Feeling kind of meh about it at the moment. I want one on release just for the hype, but want to wait for a good bundle to come out too so I'm unsure of what to do. Breath of the Wild is listed for ?59.99(gbp) RRP everywhere I can see rn which has annoyed me - I know it will be great but ?60 is pushing it for a standard edition game imo. Super Mario Odyssey looks good, and Splatoon 2. I'm pleased about it being region free, makes importing games worth it. Paid online has bugged me though; something I thought that set Nintendo apart in the last few years was the availability of online play and this has kind of ruined it for me.

I'm just praying for a good lineup of games in the near future to make it all worth it, nothing except Zelda has made me overly excited for it yet!

I loved it until

>payed online multiplayer

istg it better be like 1-5 dollars a month.....

Odyssey could easily be one of my favourite Mario titles of all time (beside Luigi's Mansion and Galaxy).

Helps that my all-time favourite game is Sonic Adventure.

only games i wanted were mario and splatoon. splatoon has paid online and comes out during the summer, and mario won't come out til christmas. rip my hype

Back