• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

Our local toystore has them in stock and I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow.

By the looks of it, Nintendo UK Store is giving everyone next day delivery! ^^

At first, I had a knee-jerk reaction when I heard of this bit, especially due on how adding Friends were handled on DS, Wii and 3DS. But then I learned a bit more about how it's implemented on Switch, so adding friends isn't as nightmarish as you would otherwise believe.

The system will automatically send a friend request to the desired player if you:

- Type the 12 digits Friend Code
- Connect between two Switches, just like the 3DS did
- Search users you've played with online
- Pick one from the friend suggestions that came from certain mobile apps published by Nintendo, such as Miitomo and Super Mario Run

Oh cool! Kinda like when you add friends on Wii U. In this case, you just have to type the friend code and the other user will be notified that you sent a request.

Nintendo said the Switch will let you add friends using NNID on a later date.

"In the future, you will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS."

http://gonintendo.com/stories/27518...-add-friends-via-social-networks-and-nintendo

Last edited:
Same here. My Best Buy order is my preferred since it's Neon, but if it doesn't come through on Friday I'm just going to grab a Grey from EB locally.

And while I don't have a system at Amazon, my Zelda is and they're being equally slow and useless as Best Buy. Weird stuff going on up here

My Best Buy has finally shipped my Grey Switch Hardware, as they just sent a tracking ID to me. Since I'm kinda far away from Mississauga (where the main Best Buy Canada warehouse is), the package should theoretically arrive to my home, at least before Tuesday.

So far, it's confirmed on reddit that many customers from Ontario and Qu?bec province began receiving their Switch shipment notice from Best Buy Canada. Other provinces might follow today or tomorrow. If you were expecting to receive right at the launch day, then it's not going to happen unless you reside somewhere in Ontario. In that case, I would cancel the order if your bank/credit card hasn't been charged yet.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5woin8/canada_order_status_and_shipping/

Do you guys think it will be hard to buy a Switch in mid-late March? That's when I'm probably getting mine :/

Actually, you may have a chance. I read somewhere that they're stocking at least 4 million or something for release. That many isn't going to be sold in 24 hours is it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

For me, I waiting a bit before getting the Switch, though I will endulge in BOTW on the Wii U before getting the console!

OTL I'm having to go to Toys R Us in the morning, Nintendo messed up my preorder :') Should be enough stock in mid march if Toys R Us still has some left for walk ins!

My Best Buy has finally shipped my Grey Switch Hardware, as they just sent a tracking ID to me. Since I'm kinda far away from Mississauga (where the main Best Buy Canada warehouse is), the package should theoretically arrive to my home, at least before Tuesday.

So far, it's confirmed on reddit that many customers from Ontario and Qu?bec province began receiving their Switch shipment notice from Best Buy Canada. Other provinces might follow today or tomorrow. If you were expecting to receive right at the launch day, then it's not going to happen unless you reside somewhere in Ontario. In that case, I would cancel the order if your bank/credit card hasn't been charged yet.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5woin8/canada_order_status_and_shipping/

There's another warehouse out here in BC where I am so we'll see.

I don't mind just returning it to the store if I need to.

Good luck on yours!

I'm not going to get a Nintendo Switch because Cnet made me realise that the kickstand doesn't prevent it from falling over when pushed over.

Also, the game cards taste bad. Really bad.

I'm not going to get a Nintendo Switch because Cnet made me realise that the kickstand doesn't prevent it from falling over when pushed over.

Also, the game cards taste bad. Really bad.

I'm gonna lick breath of the wild and no one can stop me

Surprisingly, I managed to get a walk-in from Toys R Us! The range of mii colours is so nice,,,

HAPPY SWITCH RELASE DAYYY

aka happy march 3rd! my dads picking my copy up. can't wait try it out

They weren't kidding when they said the cartridges are bitter, huh

I may or may not have just licked a game

1.jpg

Just picked mine up. :)

im having trouble connecting my switch to the internet.
All our other devices and such is connected and the internets all strong, even when i type things up manually, it still doesnt work.

Any help with this? :3 thank you!

I would get it, but I don't have the money right now. That's ok, because the only current game I feel like playing on the Switch is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And that's not until April. I still won't have enough money to buy it either. The only way i'll buy it early is if a miracle happens.

They weren't kidding when they said the cartridges are bitter, huh

I may or may not have just licked a game

lmao!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm so impressed with the concept & design. i wanted the one with colored controllers, but that one is sold out everywhere around me so i just got the monochrome one.

Back