• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Throwing Beans
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Switch Presentation Stream:

--

Reveal Trailer:

---

CvK2zVIUAAAT8KE.jpg:large

It's about time! We'll finally be betting our first real look at the system tomorrow at 7AM Pacific Time through a 3 minute Preview Trailer.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504

"About time", says every Nintendo fan.

(I still want MK8 DLC #3 though)

Here's to see wtf the NX is! I hope it is good!!

Not really building up my expectations. Too many letdowns this year (not from Nintendo specifically). Hoping it will be good though.

I'm glad they revealed the color of the curtain this time

With all of those wacky rumors I've been witnessing and Nintendo being even more tight-lipped than before, while dealing with such a gruelingly long wait just to get to know what the heck NX really is, seeing this quick blurb tonight had me relieved.

I'll definitely get myself up before 10 AM ET at the official Nintendo of America website to see that preview trailer, just to get myself convinced that the NX isn't some sort of a bathtub.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, there's a few more information about the NX. According to the official Nintendo of America website, NX is a home gaming console. I guess it'll replace the now "discontinued" Wii U.

Also, some ex-editor of Destructoid UK, Laura Kate Dale, has dropped some rumors about what the preview video will reveal. It's inside the spoiler tab.

• The preview video is about 3 minutes long
  • The official name for NX will be revealed, which doesn't use the Wii brand
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild will be showcased running on NX
  • No hardware spec details until the press new that comes later this month
  • NX will use cartridges

Source 1: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-calls-nx-a-home-gaming-system/
Source 2: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-details-about-what-to-expect-from-tomorrows-nx-preview-trailer/

Please just don't give up on all your previous consoles like you did only a few years ago.

I'm most interested in seeing the name personally. Looking forward to a name beyond "NX". And of course, it's always fun to watch the meltdowns that inevitably ensue from Nintendo name reveals... see Wii, Wii U.

OMG ITS FINALLY HAPPENING! I swear its been a year and a half since this thing came into existance and that has been the longest year and a half of my life! BUT ITS FINALLY HAPPENING TODAY!!!!

For us Europeans: the preview trailer will occur on
3 pm UK time
and
4 pm CEST
(most of Europe that's not UK)

Last edited:
Basically we have to go on Nintendo's website and we'll see the trailer? That's weird. And it's only 3 minutes long. :eek: I really hope Nintendo will reveal the date of the official Direct in this trailer...

For us Europeans: the preview trailer will occur on
3 pm UK time
and
4 pm CEST
(most of Europe that's not UK)

thanks for converting i hate all those timezones things.

home console btw eh? good thing 3ds will live on, but then tbh with all the rumors now i don't think this would make a good carrying console, and also with all new 3ds games announced.

Hopefully this will shut up all those "WHERE'S THE NX?!" people who comment that crap everywhere.

Just saw the trailer from the official YouTube Channel of Nintendo of America, and it's indeed a home console/handheld hybrid with detachable controllers. And the console's named Switch. Yeah really.

Needless to say, I'm happy with this news! This means that whenever I want to play a handheld, I won't be missing out on the home console experience unlike between the Wii U and 3DS.

Back