• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

Ooooh Breath of the Wild on the Switch has lowered from ?59.99 to ?48 on Amazon UK!

I think you were looking at the download code, which is still ?59.99 (although I could be wrong :p). However, that's very interesting that a physical Switch copy is now ?48.

SystemPre-order PriceCurrent Price
Wii U?40?47.99
Switch?49.99?48

Since Zelda was available for pre-order on Amazon UK, it's actually gone up in price for the Wii U copy and down for the Switch. Strange stuff.

I think you were looking at the download code, which is still ?59.99 (although I could be wrong :p). However, that's very interesting that a physical Switch copy is now ?48.

SystemPre-order PriceCurrent Price
Wii U?40?47.99
Switch?49.99?48

Since Zelda was available for pre-order on Amazon UK, it's actually gone up in price for the Wii U copy and down for the Switch. Strange stuff.

Maybe it's to help promote the Switch? Eitherway, very strange.

It would help if they didn't sell out of stock for the Switch version. I still don't understand why the downloadable version is ?60. (o_O)

Nintendo has never been good at keeping things in stock. You'd think they'd figure it out by now that they're popular.

It would help if they didn't sell out of stock for the Switch version. I still don't understand why the downloadable version is ?60. (o_O)

The reason why the price for the downloadable version of a retail game being just as high as its initial MSRP is, well, to maintain the parity between the downloadable and physical version. If the former were to be often significantly cheaper than the other, then the brick-and-mortar retailers would struggle shifting physical copies. Although you could argue that download codes could be sold there, the video game industry doesn't seem to grasp the concept of selling download codes of a retail game just yet, at least in North America.

Nintendo isn't the only one embracing this business practice. Pretty much every big-name company (e.g. Sony, Microsoft) also maintain the price parity between both versions of their retail games.

The reason why the price for the downloadable version of a retail game being just as high as its initial MSRP is, well, to maintain the parity between the downloadable and physical version. If the former were to be often significantly cheaper than the other, then the brick-and-mortar retailers would struggle shifting physical copies. Although you could argue that download codes could be sold there, the video game industry doesn't seem to grasp the concept of selling download codes of a retail game just yet, at least in North America.

Nintendo isn't the only one embracing this business practice. Pretty much every big-name company (e.g. Sony, Microsoft) also maintain the price parity between both versions of their retail games.

I also thought it was because of the price of the materials of the game case and cartridge.

Right now, the way Switch handle saved progress isn't reassuring. Your saved datas are completely stuck in your Switch's internal memory. In other words, you can't backup your progress with a microSD card. Not even cloud storage is accessible just yet, with one exception to the rule...

Chances are, if you send your "broken" Switch to any authorized Nintendo Repair Center, you will be able to retrieve those saved datas. As soon as you connect to the Internet, a cloud icon will appear next to the title of a game if a save data for it is found. That is, if your original Switch can access to the OS just fine on both Handheld/Tabletop mode and TV mode, and had a Nintendo Account linked to it.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/switc...ity-to-download-old-save-data-via-cloud-icon/

I was so dumb to decide not to preorder. I really do want one but they're nowhere but ebay from scalpers

I was so dumb to decide not to preorder. I really do want one but they're nowhere but ebay from scalpers

I feel bad for anyone who didn't get one... like the nice Dad who went to Target today and thought he could just "pick one up" for his school aged kids. He had no idea - Target employees schooled him and were really helpful so that one day - maybe - his kids will have a switch on time to graduate high school. Or eBay?! Lol

I have a question.

Is the Switch only compatible with HDMI, or can it also use a composite cable like the Wii U could?

The TV I use was made in 1991 and it can barely support composite (I have to run a module through the cable to use it). It definitely doesn't support HDMI. If the Switch doesn't use composite cables also, then I guess it'll be mostly handheld playing.

If you're wondering why I don't have a newer TV, I do. I just like to play my NES and SNES games on an older TV.

I have a question.

Is the Switch only compatible with HDMI, or can it also use a composite cable like the Wii U could?

[...]

Switch only supports HDMI as of now. Due of the vast majority of people only owning a HDTV at this point, the AV output is omitted. I guess you'll have to track down a tricky-to-find HDMI to composite adapter to be able playing Switch on a CRT TV, and potentially suffer from some input lag.
Or alternatively, just stick with handheld/tabletop mode.

Switch only supports HDMI as of now. Due of the vast majority of people only owning a HDTV at this point, the AV output is omitted. I guess you'll have to track down a tricky-to-find HDMI to composite adapter to be able playing Switch on a CRT TV, and potentially suffer from some input lag.

And the fact that games with small text important to the game will be difficult to play.

For those interested! SPOILERS!

According to an anonymous 4chan user, there will be a Nintendo Direct on the 1st April and there's some juicy info. Take it all with a grain of salt if you come across it!

For those interested! SPOILERS!

According to an anonymous 4chan user, there will be a Nintendo Direct on the 1st April and there's some juicy info. Take it all with a grain of salt if you come across it!

Nintendo Confirms BIG E3! Animal Crossing Switch, App, & AC:GC? (LET'S HOPE!)

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

My prediction is that they will approach pattern sharing like level sharing in Mario Maker by offering a service that allows you to upload your custom patterns to an online service; One that allows searches based on tags and whatnot.

I just bought myself a Switch. Any suggestions on games/accessories that's currently out to those whom bought one?

I hope I can get a Switch sometime this summer if they ever come back in stock. :(

Back