• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

There's stock around , I got mine last week. Just gotta keep looking.

As for the Switch, I am delighted with it. I have Zelda and Mario Kart and I'm loving both. ;)

I always see 5 or more stocks in every game store I visit lol provided that I live in Asia and the units available are from NA, Australia or Japan.

Haven't seen one in store yet.

Live in a major metro area in the US.

I know people in town who preordered on Jan 13 and they seem happy.
Otherwise they go for scalper prices around here.

I just got my Switch in the mail on June 28 and I love it!! I have ARMS, Snipperclips, and MK8D so far. If anyone that has a Switch wants to add me, my friend code is 8396-7325-7016 :)

If anybody wants to add me, my FC is: 7046-6089-3415

I'd buy one, but they're 300 dollars. No thanks. I'm not spending 300 dollars on a game system.

Finally got my Switch a couple of weeks ago; I absolutely love it and it was totally worth the money imo but it has a manufacturer's defect so I had to send it in to get repaired :( Apparently quite a few people (including myself) have found that the right side of their screen on the Switch is popping out?? It's free to have it repaired but I miss playing Zelda lol

Just like Nintendo did by porting MK8 to the Switch, I reckon they should do the same with Smash 4 and include all DLC characters and stages. That would be, like, an automatic GET for me ^.^

Also, BotW and Pok?mon RPG main series, Super Mario Odyssey, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (first, we need to see if it's NOT MINECRAFT. If it is, NOBODY is going to get it) and maybe Stardew Valley. Maybe :blush:

Anyone here have eshop balances for two different regions? Is there a way to add funds to my Japanese account with US dollars?

Anyone here have eshop balances for two different regions? Is there a way to add funds to my Japanese account with US dollars?

Does your credit card support automatic currency converter when paying outside of your country? If so, I believe it should work on Switch eShop. I haven't tried that with mine, but I was able to purchase import retail games in 3DS eShop.

If that doesn't work, then you could also try to invest for some eShop gift cards on certain import sites. It's a little bit more hassle for sure, but it certainly fits the bill.

Had mine since March and love it. Was really hard to find at the time but I followed a lead on istocknow early in the morning and asked the guy at Wal-Mart about it. Had 3 in the back they didn't put out yet. I'm really just excited for Odyssey!!

The Switch was out for quite a while, and they sold about 4.7 millions units during its first three months. The Wii and DS still had more units sold in that regard, but the latest hardware managed to outpace both Wii U and 3DS.

I guess that having one first party game release per month and proper marketing really paid off. Fairly confident that Switch will reach its hardware sales projection of 10 millions unit before 2018.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...es_since_2011_in_profitable_start_to_the_year

Last edited:
been watching Re:Legend's kickstarter, I really hope they reach stretch goals for the switch, its exactly the kind of game I would play on the go or in bed

been watching Re:Legend's kickstarter, I really hope they reach stretch goals for the switch, its exactly the kind of game I would play on the go or in bed

Yes! I am getting myself a Switch for Christmas and have recently stumbled upon this Kickstarter too! The game looks super lovely and it would be awesome if they reached that stretch goal.

Does anyone else have issues with their Switch and internet? For some reason mine just won't connect to my wifi, even though it says it is.

I'm just frustrated because it won't let me play Zelda until I update the system, but I can't update the system because the wifi doesn't work??

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does anyone else have issues with their Switch and internet? For some reason mine just won't connect to my wifi, even though it says it is.

I'm just frustrated because it won't let me play Zelda until I update the system, but I can't update the system because the wifi doesn't work??

Have you considered getting your Switch out of its dock and carrying it closer to a wireless router?
When searching for any WiFi signal, the Switch has to be pretty close to that signal in order for it to successfully connect. Once that's done, you're pretty much free to move away from the wireless router as long as you don't lose all 3 signal bars and/or go in sleep mode while it's not downloading anything.

Apparently the Japanese eShop now accepts Paypal which should hopefully make it infinitely easier to buy off there without a Japanese credit card. Sure could have been useful on release for Puyo Puyo, but better late than never.

Edit: Actually, considering the trouble I'm having trying to link my account, it still might be a regional card thing. Gotta love all this unknown Kanji...

Double Edit: After a bit of effort, I got it to work. Setting up a Japanese Paypal Account seems to be the way to go. Ended up getting J.B. Howard's Murder Club, so that should be some good fun to tide me over until Layton comes out.

Last edited:
Are you planning to purchase a physical copy of NBA 2K18 or Resident Evil Revelations Collection? Be sure to have a 64GB microSD card ready for that, as you'll need to download quite a hefty amount of data in order to play these titles. And that's because they've exceeded 32GB, the maximum Switch game card capacity available this year.

That said, you can still play the first Resident Evil Revelations without needing to download 26GB for its sequel.

There is also a rumor involving Nintendo working on support for Achievements and Leaderboards, according to Lichtspeer devs on the reddit AMA.

Last edited:
Back