• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

Bringing my watermelon baby on an 11 hour flight tomorrow, please send prayers for my portable batteries life, may many shrines be cleared and many lynels slain.

Has anyone else here voided their warranty replaced their Joy-Con‘s shells? I really like the clear ones reminiscent of the N64 and Game Boy colors - it‘s a shame Nintendo does not produce these officially. Although swapping them yourself really isn‘t that hard. I picked fire orange for the Joy-Cons and love it. You can even get your Switch to recognize their new color by overwriting the SPI flash :D

ADFC21B7-E77C-47F7-8E12-5480A5673647.jpg

Last edited:
In just 9 months, about 10 millions Switches were sold worldwide. Give it one or two more months and it'll surpass the lifetime sales of Wii U.

I'm also quite happy seeing many more well-known third party publishers and developers interested on Switch, which means an even more robust variety of games. Since the days of N64, Nintendo only had a varying degree of success when it comes on getting their games to the Japanese giant's consoles.

Last edited:
Hi guys! So I got a Nintendo Switch (thank goodness), and I’ve been having a ton of fun. But I’ve noticed that it already it already has two symmetrically-distanced smear marks, and No matter what I do, they don’t come off! The only that could be responsible for it is the play stand (official one by Nintendo) but did anyone else have a similar issue? I mean it’s not that important, but I kind of bothers me knowing that it’s only my second day and I’m already getting annoying smear marks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi guys! So I got a Nintendo Switch (thank goodness), and I?ve been having a ton of fun. But I?ve noticed that it already it already has two symmetrically-distanced smear marks, and No matter what I do, they don?t come off! The only that could be responsible for it is the play stand (official one by Nintendo) but did anyone else have a similar issue? I mean it?s not that important, but I kind of bothers me knowing that it?s only my second day and I?m already getting annoying smear marks.

Got a Switch for Christmas! Was really only interested in it so I can keep up with Bayonetta, though.

Any of you got any tips to get started? Already got my funds merged and accounts linked up to it. Mii looking flawless as always. Anything else I need to set up?

Got a Switch for Christmas! Was really only interested in it so I can keep up with Bayonetta, though.

Any of you got any tips to get started? Already got my funds merged and accounts linked up to it. Mii looking flawless as always. Anything else I need to set up?

Although it's difficult to come up with tips with the Switch UI being quite streamlined, I do have a few for you.

• If you're connecting your Switch to Internet via a wireless router, make sure to favor 5 GHz over 2.4 GHz. Not only the wireless range is significantly greater and less prone of disconnections, but you'll also benefit faster Internet speed.
  • Recharging the Joy-Cons is done by attaching them to the each side of the Switch handheld unit and then plug the entire thing to any power outlet.
  • If you want to access the eShop from other regions, create a new Nintendo account and set it to a different country and region. Useful if you want to discover more games or get certain games earlier than your home country.

For anyone who's interested, there was a very interesting talk about the Switch's security a few days ago: 34C3. Since then, one of the speakers, plutoo, posted pictures of his progress in breaking said security: HBL.

Also, Team Xecuter (the guys who hacked the original Xbox and Xbox360) apparently managed to build a modchip for the Switch: TX Teaser. Due to the Switch's internal modular design, it's rumored that it could be a solderless solution.

Last edited:
I'm so happy I can play botw in a hotel or something lol

Has anyone else here voided their warranty replaced their Joy-Con‘s shells? I really like the clear ones reminiscent of the N64 and Game Boy colors - it‘s a shame Nintendo does not produce these officially. Although swapping them yourself really isn‘t that hard. I picked fire orange for the Joy-Cons and love it. You can even get your Switch to recognize their new color by overwriting the SPI flash :D

View attachment 211942

Nintendo is missing a perfect opportunity to make custom joy-cons
EeGSOxm.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NINTENDO SWITCH! YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ONE YEAR OLD (Well okay mine is not, but it's been out for a year, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)! HOPEFULLY 2018 WILL BE JUST AS PROSPEROUS!

Nintendo is missing a perfect opportunity to make custom joy-cons
View attachment 213405

I feel like they'd be better off just releasing more GameCube controllers instead of 'GameCube Joy-Con'. They look nice in the mockup but I'm not sure if it would work as well in practice, especially because you're basically playing with Joy-Con. Isn't like half of the hype surrounding GameCube controllers because of how comfortable the controller is? That's not even a feature anymore if Nintendo actually makes those Joy-Con...

just got the nintendo switch! on one side i feel bad because i'll only be playing one game (kirby star allies) but when SSB switch comes out i'd get that too. it DID come with sonic forces but...no thanks

now the real reason i got this damn expensive console is for animal crossing switch if that ever happens (please let it happen on the switch)

Last edited:
Ok, I need someone to please help me. I dunno if it's just me or what, but there's some strange goings on with my Switch. Two of my games Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are showing as being 0.0 MB of hard drive space.

Can someone please help troubleshoot?

EDIT: I tried sticking Tropical Freeze's game card into my system and it's still showing as "0.0 MB."

Last edited:
Ok, I need someone to please help me. I dunno if it's just me or what, but there's some strange goings on with my Switch. Two of my games Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are showing as being 0.0 MB of hard drive space.

Can someone please help troubleshoot?

EDIT: I tried sticking Tropical Freeze's game card into my system and it's still showing as "0.0 MB."
Welll how’s your system memory looking?

Welll how’s your system memory looking?

25.3 GB. But I did buy an SD card at launch and, with the exception of some Mario Odyssey data, all my games, save data, update patches, etc are downloaded directly to the SD card. I got a 128 GB SD and with the downloading of Pokemon Quest and an update patch for Rocket League, my SD card's free space is 94.3 GB.

Funny thing is I haven't played Rocket League in 2 months, but it didn't change the storage data for the game to 0.0 MB. I played Bayonetta 2 for a bit last month and I played Tropical Freeze at the very beginning of May and the file sizes seem to have disappeared.

It's odd and it makes me wonder if there's a defect in my system :/ Which is a replacement for my launch Switch...it had a defective battery display that the repair techs couldn't fix.

25.3 GB. But I did buy an SD card at launch and, with the exception of some Mario Odyssey data, all my games, save data, update patches, etc are downloaded directly to the SD card. I got a 128 GB SD and with the downloading of Pokemon Quest and an update patch for Rocket League, my SD card's free space is 94.3 GB.

Funny thing is I haven't played Rocket League in 2 months, but it didn't change the storage data for the game to 0.0 MB. I played Bayonetta 2 for a bit last month and I played Tropical Freeze at the very beginning of May and the file sizes seem to have disappeared.

It's odd and it makes me wonder if there's a defect in my system :/ Which is a replacement for my launch Switch...it had a defective battery display that the repair techs couldn't fix.

Wait what are you talking about, the game data is not tied to when you've last played the game as far as I know... You need to archive software yourself which deletes all data except for save data so you can free up some space while keeping your in-game progress if you wish to play the game later.

But maybe there's something I'm missing

Back