• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

flowers of your town!

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
How do you display flowers/bush starts in your town? Are they by colour, type, villager's houses, or anything goes?

My town is predominately orange/black flowers and holly or sweet-olive bushes. I'm debating whether I should include others or keep it strictly orange, since I've decorated my town hall area and Nana's house with pink flowers and it looks quite cute.

Feel free to share pictures of your favourite flowery part of town!

So I'm going with the theme of water, so I called my town Aquatica and I'm enjoying the theme of blue and gold flowers. It looks really cute amongst the rest of my village and I'm thinking of a theme for my new town. I'm probably gonna go ALL black flowers and pink since I like those colours and they contrast really nicely. I really like the sound of the coloured flowers in your town and they also contrast quite vividly.

Usually just the theme because I feel like it clashes too much changing the colours all the time

I let my flowers grow wild. If they hybrid great, if they don't, at least it's a flower. My villagers tend to plant and water the flowers a lot, so it's kind of their project more than mine. When I feel overwhelmed with flowers I run through them though. And if a flower suddenly emerges near a villagers house I take it as they enjoy that kind of flower. So I won't move it.

I think having areas in town that differ from the predominant theme look nice. :) My theme colors are pink, purple, and white, but I had a forest-y section of town with black flowers and it did not interfere with the main theme at all.

The flowers kinda shift throughout the town. One section of town is gonna just be orange, black, red, and yellow flowers. Blue roses, purple roses, purple pansies, and blue pansies scatter the forests up north, and pink roses and tulips, and purple tulips surround Retail. It might be a little messy, but I like it.

My town is all white flowers. There are pink flowers by retail on each side and blue pansies around my campsite. A few white violets by some ponds to help the grass grow. Will probably be putting some orange pansies by my police station too.

Only white. I use certain flowers for certain things, but all white. I also try to keep things somewhat diverse despite the same color flowers everwhere, by spreading out certain types. EX: Muffy has white pansies around her house, so I make sure all of the other villagers with white pansies are kinda far away.

I don't do much landscaping in my town because I like it to look more natural. Lots of flowers, pwps, bushes, paths, etc looks like clutter to me. I can't play like that. I frame every house with flowers that coordinate with the exterior. I leave some regular flowers that spawn naturally. That's really about it. I don't have flower fields or anything like that.

Villager houses outlined.
HNI_0057.JPG

I place flowers on each side of a villager's house that matches that house's colors. Other than that I have hybrids of the same type but different colors that look good together and a couple of Jacob's ladders.

In Salem I have black, white, and orange flowers. It's a witch forest so they are scattered in no typical order. I don't really want them neat or organized since it's a forest, so as long as they are spread out I'm happy with it.

I really wish I'd done a themed colour...I would have loved black and orange flowers. As it is it would be a massive job to change it all,I have flowers all over the place (literally). There are only maybe 3 small areas that don't have flowers.
I did coordinate them around my villager houses, mostly different colour roses and carnations, just to match the exterior colours.
I have a load of gold/blue/purple roses. Blue and orange pansies are actually my favourite
As for bushes, I have a lot of those but none that match. My initial idea was that I wanted the town to have a realistic feel and have different kind of bushes growing next to each other. Of course now I have them all flowering at different times I don't see it as such a great idea. I really like generally, I just need to replace them to match

Last edited:
Back