Weird things you thought as a kid.

I used to think if you swallowed a seed a tree would grow in your stomach. o_O
Same, once I swallowed a watermelon seed and I cried because I thought a watermelon was gonna grow in my stomach and kill me.

I thought that you gave birth out of your belly button. Like it would just open up and the baby would pop out and it would close again

I used to think you didn't have to swallow saliva until your front teeth fell out (I'm wording this weirdly I think)

I literally didn't realise that I'd been swallowing my saliva for like 5-6 years and I was like "now my front teeth fell out, I have to keep swallowing ugh how annoying"

Honestly, that's the only thing I remember at the moment
Super interesting, right lmao

Last edited:
i thought girls and boys both had the same private parts

i thought when people got pregnant their belly button would open up and the baby would come out through there (that would be so epic though like actually lol)

my friends and i all had scooters and we'd pretend they were horses and even feed them chips (LMAO)

when i was like 6 i thought there was a monster in the toilet drain so i was afraid to pee because i thought it'd drag me to hell through the toilet.

I was 100 % sure all clowns I met were fake, I even told one at a ponyride in a circus he wasnt a real clown, he got quite annoyed at me. I didnt really get the concept.

Another thing was that I thought that all teachers and shopkeepers and the police and all other workers lived, breathed and only had their work, I never thought they had a home or would go out and have fun or even eat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i thought when people got pregnant their belly button would open up and the baby would come out through there (that would be so epic though like actually lol)

thats so cute lol

thought "bleaching your hair" was actually like using clorox bleach.

Wait, you don't actually use actual bleach? You have to buy a special kind or something? Wow, I am stupid.

This is another thing added to the list of weird thoughts I had as a kid, because I still am a kid.

Wait, you don't actually use actual bleach? You have to buy a special kind or something? Wow, I am stupid.

This is another thing added to the list of weird thoughts I had as a kid, because I still am a kid.

yeah, there's a type of bleach intended for hair. normal kind would just fry it. i only found this out recently lmao

When I was a kid, I thought the mom would instantly get pregnant after she kissed the dad at their wedding.
I also vaguely remember my older brother told me he had a dream about shrinking to the size of an ant, and in the same day, we went to the library and checked out "honey we shrunk our kids." My mom convinced me for awhile the movie was based off of my bro's dream. I don't even know why. lmao

Last edited:
I used to think females had absolutely nothing on their crotch. Just a plain strip of skin, like anywhere else.

I honestly used to think girls had the same thing boys had.

I can't actually remember anything out of the norm that I believed in as a kid, a lot of kids believe in certain fairytales, and I was one of those kids. If this thread was about weird things that you DID as a kid, that'd be a much different story.

I thought that colorblind people could only see in black and white.
I also thought that if you were swimming and put your head underwater at all, you would drown.

This isn't something I thought but I remembered the other day that when I was younger I would sit in fields and pull up those stickers and pull them apart and eat the seeds in them...Clover burrs I think they were, turn tan when they dry out... I was a weird kid.

that sounds... super painful. yikes

i used to believe that the tooth fairy ate the tooth when you gave it to her. i now know that the tooth fairy isn't real and if she was she certainly wouldn't eat teeth.

yes it hurt and bled and got infected rip...,,..
at least i learnt that i shouldnt keep trying to get rid of them

i used to think that if you ever saw the real santa you would never get Christmas presents ever again.

this is how my paents kept me from sneaking out of my room on Christmas eve night.

Oh another thing, I thought that when bears went underwater and they'd become white and become polar bears

Last edited:
I used to think guys and girls had the same private parts. I was starting second grade when I found out the truth.

I thought that colorblind people could only see in black and white.
I also thought that if you were swimming and put your head underwater at all, you would drown.

I actually believed people saw in black and white when they were colorblind until somewhat recently. LMAO
I FEEL SO DUMB.

Last edited:
Back