• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you consider yourself a feminist?

would you say you're a feminist?

• yes!

Votes: 101 47.2%
  • no

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • not really sure tbh

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah in the sense of like... if i was born male, i think id be a very different person today, bc of how male born people are treated so differently... id like a point where we dont really differentiate male/female beyond the physical stuff, and that id still basically be the same person i am today if i was born male. im still a guy but im raised as a girl, but if i was born male i know id probably even have a different personality, different morals, etc. and similar with races, id like there to be some point of mixing where theres not really a difference about you regardless of the qualities youre born with. thats what i figure when i think of "equality." think if youd be a different person if you were born of the opposite sex or of a different race and the different ways people are treated based on those factors feel a lot more evident. its not necessarily negative to want to differentiate, just i personally want equal treatment to that extent

I want to cry. I really do. I'm crying. My tears are flowing. I'm screaming. I can't believe how people like you exist. AAAH.
Yes, rape culture is real, not in America, or England, and places like that. People get arrested for being rapists, therefore it is not a rape culture. Also, women get more lenient sentences for being rapists, so isn't that sexist? I do find it hilarious that saying that men don't face sexism is sexist on its own, you poor soul. You call Ekcriptia condescending when you're treating women as being superior and in a higher class than men. I'm not usually mean, but this, this really bugs me, man.

Did you expect any less from a Tumblr feminist? :p

[internalised oppression]

t3_5bbl1j

Modern day feminism is a joke. :///

This is a difficult question, I think. My initial response is yes, but not for the same reasons as others. I don't think we need more female protagonists in cinema/games. Art is art, and thus it's open to interpretation. Now some female writers? Yes. Definately yes. But I don't think feminism should be sticking your hand out and asking for a treat like a child.

I believe in feminism because without it I might not be able to vote, or have the same sort of insurance coverage at a full time job as men. The latter in that last sentence didn't happen until 2010. I believe in it, because it isn't okay for a man to think I owe him something just because I get a little flirty. I believe in it, because if I choose to wear nothing, that's not an invitation for sex. For all you know, I could be a nudist. I believe in it because men can and do cry, and shouldn't be shamed for it. I believe in it because there are good men in the world who are overshadowed by their horrid counterparts. So, at the end of the day, THESE DAYS, I lean more towards a humanist perspective. Women matter. Black lives matter. Men matter. Transvestites matter. We are all human. We all deserve to breath and drink and think and feel, together. At this point in time, more then ever, possibly, it's important that we stand together and stop drawing lines between men and women and other things. We are all part of this universe. And I think it's far more important to realize that, then to ask that we get female ghostbusters.

I see no reason to call myself one when being pro-equality is already the default position in many developed countries. I'm also not a fan of saddling myself to any group or ideology, since my opinions and thoughts on many things are varied and not limited to a particular side of the political spectrum.

Plus, women already have equal rights in the first world and therefore there is nothing to advocate for.

I think in the past it was definitely helpful and changed things for the better. But third-wave or modern day feminism is honestly a joke. Feminists love to constantly go straight to the definition of feminism when attacked but have changed it's true meaning with the issues they support that have no correlation to the original movement. They constantly speak about women in the western world being oppressed, which isn't true in the slightest. Along with the lies of the wage gap, cultural appropriation, islamaphobia, blah blah blah. They preach about equality and that they ain't man haters, but go watch buzzfeed yo.

Basically just be an egalitarian if you want equal rights.

Last edited:
I think nowadays we're seeing many inequalities that men face as well. I love feminism's point, and I have 0 issue with those who call themselves a feminist, but I believe that since it's becoming more obvious about struggles men also face, feminism is just no longer the correct word for it. So I do not personally identify as a feminist (or a "meninist" for that matter).

im a feminist but i agree i do sometimes question it when i see annoying ones (me and my sister were in a march near new hampshire and everyone was wearing cat hats shouting gross things and throwing pads everywhere, what the **** were they thinking?). i think a lot of the time people mistake feminism for only being women's rights so they get thrown off, but thats not what its about. you should definitely read up a little bit before considering yourself a feminist though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back