• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ordered a Second Copy

ZoeNeko

Bells
I've been wanting to order a second copy for a while now, and I just did ~
I don't know if I want to make another town or have a cycling town though ;_;

A second copy is always fun, though I don't have my own yet!

You don't have to make the decision now! It won't do any harm to think about what you want to do. :)

I recently got a second copy and made it a cycling town for now just to help people and gather up some TBT to have money to get landscaping materials once I start on the second town. I recently drafted out a rough list of dreamies I want though so I think it'll get rolling soon. Now I need to find a good town set up and all that jazz lol~

Last edited:
I think I'll probably just experiment with it, and see what happens!
I wish I had another 3ds though, just in case a dreamie comes to my second town ;_;

A second copy is always a fun choice, whatever you do with it. For now, I've got mine as a cycling town. I'll probably keep it that way until the update at least, then I'll see if the trading plaza slows down at all. If it is still pretty active I'll probably keep cycling a while longer. If not I'll use it as a second proper town but do a theme for it :) I've seen so many great ideas but my main town is pretty much done now, don't fancy changing it all, so I'll put them into use when I start another town properly ;)
Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and a second 3ds is so handy....I used to use my old one until it broke :( going to try and get a cheap second hand one I think

I moved my only male player character to my 2nd cartridge and he became the mayor.
After that, the game didn't allowed more moving of player characters, but it's fine.

So, I take you're getting a fresh start in the 2nd cart, right?
I could not have Caroline even with the 2nd copy.
Such a bummer for me...

I recommend having a cycle town, for two reasons; You get to see many different villagers up close for yourself, and it can help you to determine which dreamies you want in your main town, and future secondary main town. And it can be overwhelming to have two main towns before your first main town is complete, or near completion.

Personally, I would wait until New Leaf: Amiibo arrives, since the update is already installed on the cartridge and it comes with a Amiibo card.

Last edited:
I suggest starting a cycling town if you're torn between them because you can always turn it into an actual town but if you want an actual town and you decide you want a cycling town it kinda sucks :/

Congrats on getting a second copy, though! I hope you enjoy playing :)

Back