What is the coolest/ weirdest thing you/your relatives own?

Locket

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2956-5463-1794
Friday the 13th Candy
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Blue Mote of Flame
Yesterday my mom told me that my grandpa has one of Hitler's daggers. My great grandpa was in WWII and I don't even know where he got the dagger from.

What are some of your/your relatives cool or weird stuff?

my dad owns the original sword used in one of the the hobbit movies, not sure which one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

might be one of the main characters, i'm sure it was a main character

As for me, some really old and obscure vinyl records I'd say- I own this weird Japanese record by some band named Rouge or something, only thing I could ever find about it was that the dude producing them was in Sadistic Mika Band and googling on the serial number etc. yielded like.. one old af domestic auction?

And I have some old African vinyls too that wasn't too easy to find either where I live but alas glad I own them :3

my dad owns the original sword used in one of the the hobbit movies, not sure which one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

might be one of the main characters, i'm sure it was a main character

That's so cool :eek:

My dad used to collect all sorts of things. He has a wasp nest in the loft which he cleaned out properly and then preserved it. It's fascinating to look at, not sure if it can be considered weird but I guess not everybody has one in their house ;)

My friend owns loads of Pretty Little Liars memorobilia. I'm not even sure how he obtains it, but he has a hat worn by the main character (if there is one, but it's a major character!) , a hoodie worn by some girl who got murdered (the character, not the actress!) among others. It's a lil weird to me but all his friends who actively partake in the PLL fanbase think it's cool!

My Oma (german grandmother) used to have this mold, a candy mold, and it was in the shape of a naked woman. The lady mold had big boobs and was naked, and it was only from like the waist up. She used to make chocolate in the mold, and as a kid I didn't think anything of it. Ya know, eating chocolate shaped like giant breasted women without a lick of clothing. Yeah, I dunno who taught it to us, but we were taught to call them "booby pops" or something like that. I know we used the word "booby". I dunno who has that mold now, or if it was thrown away, but yeah...

A while back, a relative bought a table that previously belonged to a U.S. President (Nixon, I believe) at an auction and gave it to my parents. So that's kinda cool, I guess.

My grandmother has a jar of ashes saved from Mount St. Helen's eruption, which she'd lend to all the kids for school projects and showcases. I'm not sure what other odd things are in my family.

As for me... I guess this isn't terribly odd or even cool, but I have an old red fox pelt that I'm quite attached to. She was naturally salvaged, I know that much, but I bought her thirdhand, so I don't know much else. She's gone through a lot of different owners, and was sold as craft fur, but I couldn't imagine cutting her up.

I used to be extremely against fur, and I'm still against a lot of practices surrounding it, but I've come to be more appreciative of taxidermy. That fox has helped tremendously with improving my art, coping with anxiety and clinical depression, and learning about animals overall. It's incredible to handle her and think that those ears of hers were once used to find mice in the snow, those paws were used to run and pounce, etc. That pelt isn't a factory-made item, it's the preserved remains of a real, once-living being, and I love thinking about what that life must have been like, and how that fox may be as old as me.

So there was this really obscure Sega console during the 90's/Early 2000's, called the Sega Pico. So this thing was designed for a really young audience, and only sold about 500,000 Consoles. So my dad (and myself) are huge yard salers, and we go everywhere looking for junk that may be valuable, so he found this Kiosk for the Sega Pico, many of the cartridges, another 3 consoles along with the kiosk, and I've never seen it anywhere before.

My mom had a tiny little pan. It used to be normal sized, but she forgot about it and left it on the burner too long. She also lost her pet turtle and found it years later in the heater vent. It's hard as rock, and she kept it. Not very cool, but definately wierd.

My Dad has swords under his bed. He never touches them but it's been there for YEARS.

Nothing else I can think of besides all the comic collections my Dad has in the basement

I have taxidermy buggos this one's my fav his name is Slippy

6UaBhlN.jpg

My family doesn't really own anything weird or cool. I had a teacher that owned a samurai sword that is close to 1000 years old. Its still really sharp.

I have lots of dead stuff cause I'm the family weirdo, but as for neat antiques or anything I have ten years of an old woman who is now dead's life, I bought two of her 5 year diaries at an antique store, from the 40's I believe, it's pretty neat.

The coolest thing I've ever handled myself was a neanderthal skull my teacher in school had. I'd like to own a human skull someday. =]

Last edited:
Back