• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the coolest/ weirdest thing you/your relatives own?

i have a blanket that my uncle had when he was in the military, it feels like itchy sandpaper but i love it

Back in the day my dad used to do a bunch of movie stuff for a company that specialized in media things. This extended to rebuilding TV and movie set pieces. It wasn't unusual to see something from Disney, Universal, or other big things floating around the garage. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but now it's the coolest thing to me. He never owned it, but it was absolutely wonderful to go around Planet Hollywood in Orlando and listen to him tell stories of working on set of True Lies (rebuilding the Harrier used in the hero shot) and showing me a Terminator statue he helped restore from T2.

i have a blanket that my uncle had when he was in the military, it feels like itchy sandpaper but i love it

We have a bunch of those at my cottage that were left from the old owner. They weigh a ton and are itchy, like you said, but boy are they ever warm!

- - - Post Merge - - -

We have a bunch of those at my cottage that were left from the old owner. They weigh a ton and are itchy, like you said, but boy are they ever warm!

My great uncle pitched for the red sox in the 40's, we have a signed baseball and some other things that belonged to him :)

It's not particularly cool or weird but I have this stained glass my grandfather made hanging in my room.

A very weird dog. Possibly the weirdest dog of all time.

Was sorting through some stuff of my dads the other day and found his old toy car collection. Majority are matchbox cars that are still in their original packaging. He really did collect some weird and wonderful things. He also has a massive coin collection somewhere, used to love looking through them as a kid

Coolest and weirdest thing i've ever own is the CD of Mariah Carey = E=MC2

I don't own many cool or weird things

there's a huge hookah stashed away somewhere

uh .. yeah I don't ask questions

Back