• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bamboo trouble

ILeftTheGame

Bells
I'm pretty sure I've read in multiple places that you can grow bamboo next to each other. I dug up a bamboo shoot that had reproduced about 3 spaces away from my bamboo and replanted it directly next to it but it withered and didn't grow. Does it only grow next to it if it naturally occurs there? Or has everything I've heard wrong and you can't grow it next to it?

It can't grow next to itself, but it can grow next to a tree or bush.

Bamboo will not grow in shaded areas. There needs to be at least one space in between each shoot.

It can't grow next to itself, but it can grow next to a tree or bush.

If I remember correctly, bamboo can't grow next to a tree but it can grow directly next to a bush. Otherwise they need to be spaced 1 square apart.

If I remember correctly, bamboo can't grow next to a tree but it can grow directly next to a bush. Otherwise they need to be spaced 1 square apart.
I could have sworn I have some next to trees, but my memory is crap so you could be right! I know I definitely have some next to bushes though, and bushes next to trees, that might be where I'm getting mixed up.

They don't grow next to trees
Bamboo is very hard to place in patterns or specific places

Back