What atmospheric phenomena you choose for future games?

New atmospheric phenomena

• Total voters
I ended up voting for all of them; they all sound so cool! The variety would make animal crossing feel a lot more realistic imo.

Imagine if there were patches of ice after a frosty day that your mayor could slip on, or if the river/pond froze over so you could skate on it (a bit far-fetched).

What I really missed though was when you were able to walk through bushes that looked like piles of leaves. It'd be so cute if during the Fall you could walk through leaves that would flutter around as you walk over them.

what a cool question haha.

i would love to see more movement in both the environment like the trees and also the pwps. so we could have flags that moved based on wind speed or balloons that changed based on it (with better items gosh dang it !) and maybe even! then! a! kite flying contest!!!!

that would be wiiiicked

I voted for hail, but now I can only imagine everyone being locked up inside hiding from being knocked upside the head by hail lol. I think wind would be really cool, it might be cute if villagers reacted to it by shivering or something.

I would love wind and fog/mist :) Those are rely great ideas! I wouldn't mind heat waves either, maybe some cool mirages can come with it!

Ooh, windy days and nights would be awesome! Dunno if anyone else thought of this, but I'd think it would be cool if on windy days or evenings you find out Pete's mail deliveries are blown away and stuck in random trees. Begin the mini game, ya gotta shake trees before the next delivery time. It'll be five packages/letters in total. Prizes can be certain clothing Pete wears like his shirt or his hat. Other prizes can be things tied to the Post Office like a Post Office logo jacket or a Post Office model

Last edited:
I personally like wind the most if we're talking about irl weather, but mist is probably the only one out of these that would look visually interesting, and that people could exploit to build themed towns around.

I would love a foggy/misty town. It would make forest towns so mysterious and ancient feeling and if you time it for summer nights, the fireflies could be will-o-wisps!

Was very disappointed when I found out the lakes didn't freeze over. So I'd have to say ice.

Wind would be a pretty cool thing, like having hair move (WHOA, TECHNOLOGY), making it easier or harder to move or villagers being blown away by the wind. It'd crack me up to see one of my villagers just quickly flying through the air past me lmao.

Last edited:
I choose hail and wind, they could both contribute to the player's lifestyle!

Hail - I think hail could be one of those extreme and rare events, like auroras! It would also be fun and entertaining to play with, and also be a stuggle and a challenge. Hail would usually occur during the winter season, but it may have a small chance of occuring in the fall. I think it would occur from 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM, and it would be raining hail everywhere! If the villager get hit by a piece of hail they will get stunned for a few seconds, and sometimes if they get hit by a huge piece of hail (shouldn't be that huge) they will faint and wake up outside their door. (Just what happens when a tarantula or scorpion bites you!) There can also be ways to avoid this like having your umbrella out so the hail doesn't hit you, or just stay indoors! I think this event should occur for about 30 minutes to 2 hours. Fish will hide in oceans, rivers, and ponds, and will rarely spawn during this event! Since the hail can hurt them!

Wind - Wind would be an awesome factor to animal crossing! I think it is better than heat, since it gives a bit more of a challenge to walk and run. If I chose heat I would've said it wouldn't allow the player to run, due to the heat tiring them out quickly. But I feel like it doesn't have enough attributes and uniqueness to the game. Wind would slight push the player in the direction it is blowing, while they walk! And it can throw of their accuracy. Also it would make gift balloons blow in different directions! So it would be harder to pop. I think it should only occur for 30 minutes, and it can occur on any day on any time. This would be great! There are also many other things wind can affect! Like bugs! Bugs would be hiding in trees, and will rarely spawn during this event.

:lemon:Anyway, I hope my Ideas are great!:lemon:
-nSound

wind would be cool it could have trees sway the direction the winds blowing. and you could occasionally see leaves blowing in the air. it would be cool if this could happen on summer days so its like a pleasant breeze.

hail would be funny tho id like to see it land on villagers heads kinda like the oops emotion where the star lands on your head.

I chose wind is I would love to see that in AC the most, but really I'd love for all of these phenomena to make it into the next game!

Hail would be cool they can implement it during winter. Even late autumn and early spring would be nice and your breath being foggy.
Fog would be cool on winter/Autumn and occasionally Spring mornings. It would add realism to the game.
Wind would be amazing! It would be funny. Seeing the trees swaying in the breeze, and maybe even a animation for long hair? Also when it's windy they can add bigger waves.
The heat one would be good too it would make it more realistic and add a more diverse range of weather.

I think hail would be pretty cool, i think wind would be great but then imagine if tornadoes came and destroyed all yoru flowers lol

I think hail would be pretty cool, i think wind would be great but then imagine if tornadoes came and destroyed all yoru flowers lol

No no that would be devastating. All my beautiful flowers :(
But hail and wind sounds pretty awesome. You could use an ice pick to make a fishing spot in case the lakes froze over.
Villagers flying everywhere with the wind sounds hilarious until you find poor little Rod clutching to the light post, nevermind, that's still pretty funny to me.

Back