What atmospheric phenomena you choose for future games?

New atmospheric phenomena

• Total voters
I voted for fog but after reading all the comments I'd like wind a lot more! I feel like thick fog could get quite annoying if you don't want a creepy themed town

Wind, definitely wind. It's kind of unnatural that there is never any sign of wind. It would be nice to have wind blow by and rustle trees or azaleas. Maybe have sudden gusts where it makes it more difficult for the player to move.

Oh my goodness, an early morning mist would be so pretty :blush: And a late night fog would be creepy as hell, especially since I"m pretty sure Bob is a murderer

I don't think many people would actually enjoy the implementation of hail, considering that for it to be interesting and different from regular rain, it would have to cause some damage. Even during mild hailstorms flowers are often destroyed by it where I'm from.

Also, random tidbit, hailstorms are not a winter phenomenon - they usually occur between May and September. I'll stop being a know-it-all now >.<"

Well hailstorms could actually make the rain sound-effect noisier and patter against the roof when inside of places. Sort of like it's constantly getting pelted by solid matter instead of water. And when outside it just intensifies more with the sound.

And when your villager is running or just walking, they cover their head and hunker down. It could look interesting. Yeah hail killing flowers would be a big pain. But maybe the keep the town beautiful ordinance would negate any negative effects of hail. Or maybe hail wouldn't do anything at all, except for when it's actually happening.

imagine trying to play hide and seek when it's foggy/misty

maybe the villagers will actually be good at hiding for a change

Overall I'd like more actions related to any type of weather. Like puddles that the player or villagers can jump in <3

Yeah hail killing flowers would be a big pain. But maybe the keep the town beautiful ordinance would negate any negative effects of hail. Or maybe hail wouldn't do anything at all, except for when it's actually happening.

I'd be fine as long as it only killed up to three flowers, or if the effects weren't permanent (maybe lasting a day or two only).

I'd like to see wind! With shaking tree and leaves that fall down from them, but also shaking bushes and cloud moving fast in the sky, that will be pretty fun and cute to see! :)

Wind sounds fun if it's going to blow things out of trees and see the villagers struggling against it. Not sure about the general idea of it being so hot it makes it hard to breathe? More like if it's the middle of July or August say and you're running around you have to keep stopping to huff and puff and your face goes red. I would also like to see a kind of heat haze. Like when you're driving and the road looks wet because the air is all hazy. I'd like to see that in the stone areas maybe.

Well I could see heat working pretty well if it's like a muggy heat wave that makes the screen hazy. Sort of like how desert mirages work. And maybe every 15 minutes or so your character will make the 'phew its hot' emotion and wipe a sweaty brow.

Fog already kind of exists in Wild World and New Leaf, the way the things fade in/out from the background in Wild World especially at dark nights when it's cloudy and about to rain.

The fog in New Leaf is less noticeable, however.

That haze/mirage effect is probably what I had in mind when I explained heat :) I'm sorry I don't know the exact english word for that... Someone also suggested humid.

I voted hail and wind. Typhoons would also be nice. Microbursts would also be cool. Your character could start shivering because of the rapid decline in temperature before it starts pouring.

wind, definitely! I love windy days irl, I'm sure they'd be super cute in an animal crossing game~ the windmill/wind turbine pwp could spin faster than normal, the trees could sway and make rustling noises, etc ^^

Back