Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
This is a general thread on discussing what aspects of Bell Tree Forums annoys you in general. Discuss what you don't like about the site. It can be community issues too.

Keep in mind that this is not a complaint thread about other members. If there's a member that's troubling you, please use the Contact the Staff board.

What annoys me?

There's a lot on TBT that I find to be irritating, but the two things that annoy me as of now are Museum Shops that only accept real money for art and threads in the ACNL board asking for help on making decisions.

For the first part, I do find their art styles to be nice, but I don't like the payment plans. I'm okay with high TBT prices, but RLC (dollars, pounds, euros etc) I would not want to spend it. My two questions are:

1. Why would they want to accept real money transactions for digital items they make on programs they can use for free?
2. Why do most artists these days stop accepting TBT and would rather get RLC? I kinda hate it that art shops rarely accept TBT anymore (even if you have a lot of it). Yeah, there are art shops that still accept TBT, but the RLC trend is getting bigger. Why is that?

I would like it if my questions are answered, but this is more of a frustration sharing thread.

The other part, where people keep making threads asking for help on making decisions, it's their towns. As long as it's their town, they can decide which villagers they want and which PWPs to place. We can help make suggestions on themes for their towns, but there's no need to make threads asking for which one of the two villagers they want in their town or which of the villagers they want to get rid of.

There's not a lot I dislike about this site. It's one of the friendliest online communities I've ever been a part of, and if I felt any different I would've left years ago. I've talked about some things I think could be changed here before, so there's not much point in going through 'em all again, but generally I love this site! It's all good.

There's not a lot I dislike about this site. It's one of the friendliest online communities I've ever been a part of, and if I felt any different I would've left years ago. I've talked about some things I think could be changed here before, so there's not much point in going through 'em all again, but generally I love this site! It's all good.

To be honest, I felt that the site has calmed down throughout the ten months I was off-site. I remember how bad it was in 2015. Now it's not as bad.

"1. Why would they want to accept real money transactions for digital items they make on programs they can use for free?"

?? You could relate this to any digital / computer involving job o-O
I pretty sure the tablet wouldn't be free
Or the computer lmao

1. Why would they want to accept real money transactions for digital items they make on programs they can use for free?
2. Why do most artists these days stop accepting TBT and would rather get RLC? I kinda hate it that art shops rarely accept TBT anymore (even if you have a lot of it). Yeah, there are art shops that still accept TBT, but the RLC trend is getting bigger. Why is that?

There's only so much you can do with TBT. RLC is just more useful when you think about it. TBT is nice because you can get some collectibles or something with it, but RLC pays your bills or helps you save up for something.

Also, while a program might be free, the artist still spends time on their art and it makes sense they want to get paid for their time.

That being said, like Bowie commented; this is a very friendly community so there's nothing I dislike about the site. ^_^

I must be in that strange part of tbt again....

1. Why would they want to accept real money transactions for digital items they make on programs they can use for free? Um not necessarily always free if some people spent around $50 for paint tool sai, and it's the time it takes. You can't just slap some lines under 30 mins and call that art

2. Why do most artists these days stop accepting TBT and would rather get RLC? I am wanting to get a wacom tablet for christmas to do commisions, but I will do it for TBT considering you need to be 18 to have your own credit card/credit card account. So look forward to that maybe. lol Also yes I have noticed the trend is getting bigger, but pretty much all people use TBT on is collectibles and art if they don't play acnl. So IRL is better for wasting your time on an artwork, and TBT is okay, only if you want it for a specific thing

Last edited:
"1. Why would they want to accept real money transactions for digital items they make on programs they can use for free?"

?? You could relate this to any digital / computer involving job o-O
I pretty sure the tablet wouldn't be free
Or the computer lmao

First of all, it's very rude to use the abbreviation "lmao" in a conversation. I hate it when they respond to me like that.

Secondly, I didn't mean the programs were free to download or anything like that. I knew the equipment costs money to own (like the art tablets). Same with downloading the programs. It's using the programs after they have been purchased.

Thank you Libra and ShayminSkies for answering my questions about the Museum. Now it's time to talk about the aspects that we do not like, such as site bugs and other stuff. I shared what annoys me already.

Just because you have all the tools to make art doesn't necessarily mean you can make art. People can have all the paint and canvases in the world and wouldn't be able to replicate a famous artist's piece. The same goes for digital work. Just saying.

Guys I think there is a bug/glitch problem. :eek:

ZSyyga8.png

MAozeZ1.png

look at the parts in blue also at the top

Last edited:
Guys I think there is a bug/glitch problem. :eek:

ZSyyga8.png

MAozeZ1.png

look at the parts in blue also at the top

Not sure if this is real or photoshopped.

The art issue is closed, but what about that other issue (where people make threads asking us to make their decisions in ACNL)?

I'm not too bothered by it. Sometimes it helps to get someone else's opinion. I've asked for advice before on paths placement, and received a lot of good feedback that ultimately made my town easier to navigate in! ^^

Not sure if this is real or photoshopped.

The art issue is closed, but what about that other issue (where people make threads asking us to make their decisions in ACNL)?

It's supposed to be a joke XD And regarding to your question, I mean they can ask for it? But shouldn't get their opinion from a crowd and should use their own mind. My opinion is they should do whatever they want/what they think instead of going for a crowd biased answer.

That's a really big misconception you have there. Computers/laptops aren't free, art tablets certainly aren't (the best ones are over $250 at the very least), and while it's possible someone may have gotten an art program for free, the majority aren't. Artists deserve to be paid for their time to make something, even if it's digital. Graphic designers & web designers work digitally; it would be absurd to not pay them for their work and time spent. Why treat artists differently?

Because it's better to get compensation so people can afford things like other users mentioned. It's obvious real money has more use than a digital currency. People are willing to spend RLC because consumers see their art worth paying for. Art is one of those professions that isn't taken seriously enough because people feel entitled that artists should work for free or for very little cost. Thankfully, that mentality is starting to change so now it's common to see artists charge higher prices because of their clientele and experience.

That's not to say that drawing for free isn't bad, either. It's up to the artist to decide what to do with their art. It's very possible collectibles don't interest the artist or they may have gotten all the ones they were after. Artists don't have to provide a reason as to why they want RLC. It may be a little more trickier to sell art for RLC on here because most users are young but it's not impossible. (I'd probably recommend deviantART or toyhou.se or tumblr, etc.)

I do wish there were more artists on here. The more, the better.

As for what annoys me on their site, very little honestly. This is one of the friendliest communities I've ever been part of.

One of the only things that annoys me is when you open your gate and the other person takes forever to get to you or goes offline when you arranged a trade. I don't mind at all if people communicate but it just annoys the crap out of me when someone's like 'be right there' and then take 30+ minutes or goes offline. It's just rude imo. I come over to people's towns nowadays; I just like to get things done quickly.

I guess another would be collectible prices. They're cute and all but I just find it strange how people will spend thousands of TBT for a pixel. There's some collectibles I'd love to get but wouldn't be able to afford them (looking at you, yellow house and star glow wand). I'd much rather spend that amount for art tbh.

Museum Shops that only accept real money for art and threads

For the first part, I do find their art styles to be nice, but I don't like the payment plans. I'm okay with high TBT prices, but RLC (dollars, pounds, euros etc) I would not want to spend it. My two questions are:

this part

right here

this is bar none far more annoying then every other annoying collective on tbt in the past year combined

That's a really big misconception you have there. Computers/laptops aren't free, art tablets certainly aren't (the best ones are over $250 at the very least), and while it's possible someone may have gotten an art program for free, the majority aren't. Artists deserve to be paid for their time to make something, even if it's digital. Graphic designers & web designers work digitally; it would be absurd to not pay them for their work and time spent. Why treat artists differently?

Because it's better to get compensation so people can afford things like other users mentioned. It's obvious real money has more use than a digital currency. People are willing to spend RLC because consumers see their art worth paying for. Art is one of those professions that isn't taken seriously enough because people feel entitled that artists should work for free or for very little cost. Thankfully, that mentality is starting to change so now it's common to see artists charge higher prices because of their clientele and experience.

That's not to say that drawing for free isn't bad, either. It's up to the artist to decide what to do with their art. It's very possible collectibles don't interest the artist or they may have gotten all the ones they were after. Artists don't have to provide a reason as to why they want RLC. It may be a little more trickier to sell art for RLC on here because most users are young but it's not impossible. (I'd probably recommend deviantART or toyhou.se or tumblr, etc.)

I do wish there were more artists on here. The more, the better.

As for what annoys me on their site, very little honestly. This is one of the friendliest communities I've ever been part of.

One of the only things that annoys me is when you open your gate and the other person takes forever to get to you or goes offline when you arranged a trade. I don't mind at all if people communicate but it just annoys the crap out of me when someone's like 'be right there' and then take 30+ minutes or goes offline. It's just rude imo. I come over to people's towns nowadays; I just like to get things done quickly.

I guess another would be collectible prices. They're cute and all but I just find it strange how people will spend thousands of TBT for a pixel. There's some collectibles I'd love to get but wouldn't be able to afford them (looking at you, yellow house and star glow wand). I'd much rather spend that amount for art tbh.

Yeah, high collectible prices can be annoying. I remembered that I wanted a chocolate cake when I first joined TBT, and to get one, I needed 4,000 TBT. I felt that was very excessive. Personally, I think 10,000 TBT should be the limit on how much you can make for selling one collectible. If it's for a standard shop collectible like the apples and chocolate cakes, 2,000 TBT is the ideal highest.

Last edited:
First of all, it's very rude to use the abbreviation "lmao" in a conversation. I hate it when they respond to me like that.

Secondly, I didn't mean the programs were free to download or anything like that. I knew the equipment costs money to own (like the art tablets). Same with downloading the programs. It's using the programs after they have been purchased.

Thank you Libra and ShayminSkies for answering my questions about the Museum. Now it's time to talk about the aspects that we do not like, such as site bugs and other stuff. I shared what annoys me already.

I'm finding it rude that you're saying artists work isn't worth anything....at least that's how it comes across to me lmao

But whatever it doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back