• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite holiday?

Favourite holiday?

• Total voters
Halloween for me! I looove all things horror and spooky. Going to those halloween game cornmazes and getting chased by the chainsaw actors, visiting supposed haunted houses/penitentiaries, horror movie marathons. And can't forget the traditions: carving pumpkins, trick or treating (though I am too old for that one lol), decorating the house, dress-up parties, etc.

I love Halloween because it gives me the opportunity to cosplay in a Star Trek uniform and be comedically ridiculed to a lesser extent xDD

Also it's the only thing I like about Autumn. I absolutely hate Autumn but Halloween just makes it so much better.

Christmas. As cool as halloween is, nothing beats Christmas songs and atmosphere, as well as hot chocolate. I just love that it's a time to show those closest to you that you appreciate/care about them, not just by giving gifts but by giving peace and good will to all. Plus idk if it's just me but where I come from, (the UK) everyone just seems so much happier around that time. Not to mention the food and family dinners. My Mum always buys so much food and takes so much care into making it. So we have a ton of leftovers for weeks. Families just seem so much more united.

Last edited:
I only like holidays where I get days off from school or work.

None. Maybe it makes me sound like a Grinch, but holidays as an adult just feel like pointless money sinks. I actually don't even really participate in any of them anymore.

I see the censors are still ongoing. :rolleyes:

The spooky holiday will always be my favorite holiday. I love the autumn vibe! It means crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, pumpkins everywhere, pies, candy, people decorating their houses to look spooky, horror & mystery movies, costumes (aka an excuse to cosplay without a convention going on), picking apples/pumpkins, and scary parties. I often wished my birthday was on the same week as the spooky holiday, but mine unfortunately is one week later.

I accidentally voted for Hallow3en, but I meant to vote for Christmas.

The great parts about Christmas are the catchy music, and getting free gifts. :)

Why are there two Christmas' in the poll?

I like Christmas decorations and the feel, but I hate trick or treating. I rather just buy candy from the store.

What is going on, it keeps putting Christmas instead of Hāllōwēēn. If I put H?ll?wę?n without all the accents, Christmas replaces it.

Last edited:
I felt like I had a stroke reading through this thread thanks to halloweeen becoming christmas

anyway halłoween is the best

We don't really celebrate Christmas as an Asian family, we prefer Chinese New Year! We get lots of money and candy and we also get to finish the night with a big feast. In some countries the celebrations last 13 days, one has a purpose of its own. It also happens to be a day, well on New Year's Eve, where we can stay up till ungodly hours because we're not supposed to sleep early so we can keep the luck!

Valentines Day is not my favorite holiday but I love it so dearly. It's
the one time a year my siblings and I come home from school or
wake up to a cute stuffed animal and candies from our Mom.

Back