• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Magic: The Gathering

N e s s

Waiting for something to happen?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
う
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Small Mailbox
I'm unsure if this belongs in the gamers lounge because???? but i mean this is subject to being moved.

Discuss strategies and decks you use in Magic the gathering. Currently, I use a Red/black aggressive deck.

I don't play frequently but my favorite deck is a an Artifact modular deck.

>Get lots of artifacts out
>turtle for a few turns
>suddenly everything I own is indestructible
>suddenly everything I own has 15 +1/+1 counters on it

It's nothing really good by experienced standards, but it's very fun.

but if I'm feeling particularly nasty I have a draw deck that can also infinitely mill somebody out if I draw 3 specific cards. I haven't played it in a few years but it was legal for Standard back in the Khans block. I actually used it at a couple of local tournaments. I never did really well because I play casually but I didn't get outright stomped which says something I think

Last edited:
I used to play the physical card game years ago, but I have since sold all my cards. When I was playing, I was using a Green Wellwisher deck.

Wellwisher.jpg

Since my entire deck was built around this card, it had tons of elves. It also had tons of cards that GENERATED elves and elf tokens. At one point when tapping the 4 Wellwishers at once I was gaining over 200 life per turn. Most people I played just gave up once I passed 70 or so life.

Nowadays, when I get the itch to play, I just boot up Spellweaver on Steam. It's the closest thing to Magic: the Gathering I've found on a digital platform. Yes, I am aware there are a few Magic games on Steam, but those are so limited they aren't worth playing, let alone buying. Spellweaver is like Magic and Hearthstone had a baby.

Just picked up a Kaladesh starter and some boosters since my fiance made the mistake of showing interest. He decided on a Blue/White deck. I've made a terrible mistake.

Back