• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Should I get it?

I'll probably buy it for the Stitches and Rosie amiibo cards. :p
Game seems fun overall though...

Last edited:
I'll probably buy it for the Stitches and Rosie amiibo cards. :p
Game seems fun overall though...

I already have the stitches and rosie cards (although just the normal ones) so that doesn't really appeal to me. I was tempted, however, to get this game through Best Buy yesterday. They had a special where if you bought this or New Leaf or HHD for $19.99, you get 2 free AC amiibo figures. I don't have a wil u, but I almost got this just to get 4 figures for that price. I decided not to, though, because I realized I just don't care about the amiibo figures.

don't get it unless it's super cheap it's really not worth anything over $20

Given that reviews aren't favorable for it, you don't have a wii u anyway, and amiibos aren't necessarily essential to enjoy ACNL or HHD, it would be a waste of money to buy Amiibo Festival. You'd basically have an expensive coaster. But... who are we to deny a fool an opportunity to part with their money?

it's currently on sale for ~15 at gamestop if anyone's looking for buy

Get it when it's on sale (RIGHT NOW!).
I got it for the amiibos mostly (the cards and the figurines). :D

Basically the only good things to come out of the game. Lmao. I was even tempted just to buy it for the figures and I don't even have a Wii U!

If you like a game you can play relatively leisurely and passively and just enjoying the cute imagery, sure. But now that the best mini-game is available in New Leaf, and there are alternate party games out there, I'd say it's a game that's only going to appeal to a small group of people.

Ditto. I haven't even played the game yet, I just really wanted the amiibo figures & cards - 10 euros seemed like a good deal :D

Last edited:
I get the game just because of the Amiibos (figures and cards). I don't have the Wii U available right now but i have to admit i'm curious about how the game is.

If it's cheap where you are then definitely! It's still pretty expensive at my local eb games, but if the price is way down where you are, and you like amiibos i think its worth it just for that

Thanks for the idea. I'm going to buy the game too, for €10. Two amiibos and 3 exclusive cards are definitely worth it. Do I own a Wii U? Nope. I'm going to try and see if anyone wants to buy it second hand, or maybe even hand it in as used at the same store. If not I'll just keep it for collecting purposes.

i had the same question! i saw it for like $15USD at walmart the other day- i really wanted the game when it first came out but i didn't have like $60+ dollars to throw around lol. this thread has made me want to buy it! now i just need to find someone to play it with~

Back