• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A sad day...

Holly...

Bells
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
I just sold City Folk in a bundle of 30 Wii games and some random Wii remote accessories for $40. I bought the game for $80! I remember being soo desperate to get it, I watched the trailer over and over.

It's really annoying when you pay hundreds of dollars for all these games and they end up being worth next to nothing.

I know :( that's why I'm a bit reluctant to buy another copy of the game so I can keep my cycling town and have 2 main towns running. I know if I end up wanting to sell it on at some point I'm going to lose pretty much all the money I spent on it :( I was desperate to get home designer a few months ago and while it's not massively expensive to begin with, I still hate wasting money. I've only played it a handful of times and considered selling it but looking at what they go for its like a quarter of the price I paid and it's basically new. Hate how they decrease in value :(

I haven't even considered getting home designer, to be honest. I've looked at it but ehh, it just doesn't interest me.

I always go through cycles were I am obsessed with getting something, but I barely use it once I get it, so I'm careful to not do that anymore.

Saame. I actually bought HHD the day of the release so I could get the special poster with it! But my boyfriend convinced me not to get the version with the amiibo reader, so I ended up selling it a couple months ago because I never played it. But it only sold for like maybe half of what I spent on it. And THEN I ended up buying the game/amiibo reader combo pack because I missed playing it? I'm crazy haha :)

Of course! You can't expect them to have the same value the moment you buy them than when you sell them. It's just logic! Not even the money itself has its value remain the same over time...

However, it's not my intention to rub salt in your wound because I think everyone has suffered that little pain sometimes. Not me, because I've kept all my games over time, knowing I'd lost a lot selling them and gaining nothing due value decrease... but I still can relate. If I sold a game that holds so many good memories for me but couldn't get for it even half of price I paid for it, it would be a loss for me TWICE :(

That's why, as much as I feel sorry for you, I simply don't think is profitable to sell your old games. Or is that happening only with the hand-held types? Since I never had any other because TV-games are not my style. Most likely, I'm not gonna do it ever anyway.

It's always a pain to think that way, but you should put a different spin on it. Just think of all the good times you had on the game, all the hours of enjoyment you received. Surely that makes up for the difference in price.

I myself would never sell my old games or consoles and still have all of mine, in fact some of them are probably worth a lot of money now. But I guess that's all based on personal circumstances.

Back