Left Handed, Right Handed, or Ambidextrous?

Which hand do you use?

• Total voters

Discord

Chaotic Demon
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
The world is a vast place and so is hand types, so are you left, right, or ambidextrous.

I am actually left handed and I'm proud of it.

I am left handed as well. I think I am the only one in my family!
Same here! Every single member in my family is surprised on how I'm left handed although both of my parents are right handed and so are my other family members.

Left Handed one parent right handed other ambidextrous

only 10% of the world population is left-handed actually other 90% is right

Left handed, glad to hear about several other lefties because people are usually taken aback when I write with my left hand haha :p

lol kids at school are like: "She's a witch!"
Whenever I write with my left hand near someone, they would stare at me in awe and ask me questions like, "So, how's it like being left handed?"

90% of the world is right handed, 9% percent is left handed or somewhat ambidextrous, and only 1% is fully ambidextrous.

Same here! Every single member in my family is surprised on how I'm left handed although both of my parents are right handed and so are my other family members.

Well, what fun is there in making sense?

Sorry, as a fellow brony, I had to do it! I am right handed, but I went to a school where literally all of the teachers were lefties. ?\_(ツ)_/?

I'm part of the majority that writes better with the right hand than the left hand.

I'm even right handed when it comes to video gaming.

I'm left-handed though am functionally ambidextrous for anything that doesn't need precise fine-motor control. I mean, I can write passably with my right hand, but I wouldn't be able to complete a proper written exam. My uncle was left-handed as well as others in my extended family so my mum caught it when I was very young, well before I was in kindergarten thankfully.

Because of the way sports was taught when I was in school (with absolutely no consideration to how to help left-handers), I'm much more comfortable leading with my right side for sports and many physical tasks now. Being left-handed gave me an advantage in field hockey, but playing competitively also let me build up my strength on my right side.

It's been a few years since I looked into it but last I checked, being naturally left-handed makes us statistically more likely to die a few years ('up to 10 years' is stuck in my head for some reason?) sooner than those who are naturally right-handed. This is mostly - if not entirely - due to most things being designed for right-handlers to use. Things like knobs on the stove, buttons and pedals in a car, even buttons on a phone - where these favour a right-handed use, left-handers will tend to struggle more and make mistakes more easily than right-handers. So we don't have a shorter lifespan per se, but due to environmental factors (appliances being made for the majority population) we are statistically more likely to experience fatal user-error than the majority of people.

^ I don't raise this to be morbid, but it's important to know about if you're left-handed, and be aware of so you can make good purchasing decisions (when buying a car, or household appliances).

I'm a leftie. It kind of sucks, because I always smudge my drawings when I rest my hand on the paper, and I have a hard time using certain scissors. I kind of wish I was right-handed.

right handed, like the rest of the bunch. tbh, what kind of soul do your parents have to sacrifice to a demon to be able to write with both hands, like if you can write with both hands, any stupid left/right hand scenarios will be solved.

left handed people can't use right handed scissors comfortably? you can!

always hit your neighbor's elbow while writing? now you can change!

your right hand always hit the dead body on your shoulder after a murder? change your arm!

can't bring all your groceries into the car at once? BOTH your hands are strong!

elbows always bump while eating next so someone? eat them!

see all the problems people face with left/right hands are GONE.

Right handed. But when I was a kid I was desperate to be able to write with both hands. To the point where at school I would write with my left hand for any work I did. Always took ages and I amazed the teachers never commented on what a mess it was. Soon gave up on that dream :(

i'm left handed. my dad is also left handed, plus i'm a twin and it's kind of common for one twin to be left handed so Ye

Back