• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Do You Want To See In Future Games?

Leota

Neighborhood Witch
Bells
What new features do you guys want in future installments of Animal Crossing?

I'd personally love to see a more in depth relationship system between villagers! In New Leaf sometimes villagers get into little spats but after 5 minutes they're fine? Sometimes there's gossip about villager relationships but it never amounts to anything...

I'd love to see villagers actually have friends, best friends, acquaintances, enemies, maybe even boyfriends/girlfriends/crushes? I want to see their relationships change and grow! Maybe if a villager moves away; their bestie or S/O becomes sad for a few days, or even moves away with them! They could send each other letters that they'll talk about and show you.

I'm a little iffy on the bf/gf thing, because it might be awkward to some people? Let me know what you think :D

I want to see a new collectable for the museum, such as gemstones. I'd also like to see the relationship aspects improved with your villagers. More things to do to pass the time would be a welcome addition too, as the passage of time in the game can get boring if you aren't time traveling.

Romance is something I totally do NOT want to see in Animal Crossing :( I was horribly shocked the other day when I came across a hentai picture of Isabelle! And this the game being totally innocent, I don't want to see what it could became if there was actually something serious in it.

- I want villagers able to visit your expos in the museum, like they do with the standard ones.
- More species of animals: ferrets, bats and seals are which I'm wishing the most!
- Better diving controls, I beg of you...
- More diversity about nature (trees, bushes and flowers). And I mean type, not colours!
- I liked a lot the fact you could choose a style for your home, so new choices on that would be awesome!

Aaand that's all I can think about right now. Sure there's also the choice of where new villagers put their houses or moving those annoying rocks, but I don't know if we'll still be mayor in the next games, so maybe having a say in that wouldn't have much sense :)

I'd like more town customisation options, vegetables, and maybe the ability to invite strangers to your town and get rid of certain people without having to disconnect the whole game.

I'd also like it if they stopped treating the series as a main franchise. The series seemed more enjoyable to me when it wasn't available on mobile and didn't have a bunch of random spin-offs nobody really asked for. It was better when it lingered in the background.

Oh I have loads of ideas...I'd also like for villagers to have more depth to them. They do seem to make friends but there's not very much to it other than they will visit each other's house or send parcels. I'd like for them to have proper friendships and when a villager moves away, the other villagers remember them until they are out of your 16 villager cycle. I hate how a villager moves out and no matter how long they had lived in your town it's just like they never existed.
Also wish we could just give villagers presents whenever want to instead of having to wait for them to ask for something or mailing things to them. I wish our character would actually speak as well. There's no dialogue at all there apart from the ocassilnal option to respond to something a villager said. Don't think that would be too difficult to add in.

Would like to see little markers on the map tracking where villagers and visitors are. Drives me mad running round looking or having to use the megaphone. And I really hope they change how villagers move in/ outand house placements. Plot resetting is a massive pain and I really think they need to add in some easier option for plotting a move in

I want a toolbox and/or more pocket space. Also the ability to plot villager move-ins.

Romance is something I totally do NOT want to see in Animal Crossing :( I was horribly shocked the other day when I came across a hentai picture of Isabelle! And this the game being totally innocent, I don't want to see what it could became if there was actually something serious in it.

While I can understand that finding inappropriate images of characters from a completely innocent game is upsetting, I don't see how not adding romance options would fix the issue considering those images already exist. I really do hate that though, this game has an E rating and is essentially made for children. Exposing kids to those kinds of images is so morally wrong, but the internet is what it is, there's not much we can do about it as it'd be up to Nintendo to take them down.

All kids games have their share of hentai pictures, I wonder what you are googling lol.

But anyways, some tweaks to the moving system and better RNG in general, some things are really tedious. And that they remove the stupid region lock as for holidays. I understand you can't have same-day holidays programmed into the game maybe but just move them and stop locking things to specific countries and regions. I guess some stuff are meant to be more rare and traded around but yeah Nintendo and their idiot region lock even on in-game items is so utterly stupid.

Better drawn species. Seriously the monkeys looks really ******** for most points and some are just clunky in general.

Would love to see some new additions to diving controls and kinds of things you can get from diving. Also really really really want more tight relationships between villagers, enemies and similar kind of aspects.

I just remembered something I miss so much. Hills.

This could be something to do with software limitations, but those hills were gorgeous. I was designing my town earlier and wondering why something felt like it was missing, and that's the reason. Hills make the town feel bigger.

I just remembered something I miss so much. Hills.

This could be something to do with software limitations, but those hills were gorgeous. I was designing my town earlier and wondering why something felt like it was missing, and that's the reason. Hills make the town feel bigger.

Could be cool if the graphics and software etc. would allow it. :D

Also I wish they would remove those stupid narrow spaces towards the top/upper parts of town when you are about to pick a map, pretty much not necessary?

Could be cool if the graphics and software etc. would allow it. :D

Also I wish they would remove those stupid narrow spaces towards the top/upper parts of town when you are about to pick a map, pretty much not necessary?

Do you mean those parts that are sandwiched between a river and the side? I've never had one of them before, but I've always thought they'd make for a good place to put houses.

What I'd like to see is more variety of everything. I want more variety of villager animal types. Maybe some foxes, or some turtles, or ferrets, I dunno. Just more than just basic animals. Also maybe some clear age and maturity levels of different villagers? I'd like to see some of younger looking villagers have different dialogue and whatnot as well as with older and more mature villagers. That also brings up another thing I'd like to see, which is more variety in personality. I want to see some super introverted or shy villagers rather than everyone jumping at the chance to talk and interact with everyone. I'd also love to see villagers be completely different from one another through different interactions and some sort of learning system. Like a more in depth friendship thing. And maybe within that, allow the player to talk to the villagers more personally and with more choices which will also decide how they feel towards you. So say if you say mean things to a villager, it makes them more distant towards you, be nicer to them and they'll want to hang out with you more and so on. More freedom to do what you want with the village would also be great! There's a lot of things that could be improved on in almost all factors, really.

Back